Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 65

Author Topic: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC  (Read 67288 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 Edition: Explorers of the Angaeron Ocean OOC
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2014, 09:52:18 pm »

Questions for y'all.

First, why is Darwyn an old fart? How can we be friends since childhood if he was old enough to be one of our dads?
Second, same for Oleg. Especially since Half-Orcs have shorter lifespans.
Thirdly, why is Gig in his gnomic pre-teens?
Fourthly, I have to wonder how our characters think about romance. Considering at least half the party has what seems to be very few people at the same level of physical maturity around the island, considering it's so small, and freshly made adults tend to have *ahem* hormones 'n shit, I'm forced to wonder what Sacha fantasizes about.

Partially because it makes me giggle when I think of Nerjin now forced to think about it. Though she might become a necrophiliac once she sees undead. Which would be awkward. >.>
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2014, 10:02:41 pm »

Sacha is attracted to women. This was already decided at character creation. I was actually considering having her be crushing on Ness a bit. Not sure if I'm going to go through with that. It all depends on the personality. Though I should probably run that by you first. Don't want this to be awkward.

I figure that everyone else on the island is far older than Darwyn, so he's more fond of us because we're closer to his age [maybe] AND the fact that he appears to be the islands only spiritual dude. Him and Oleg. Then Sacha followed in their footsteps a bit.

Sacha has no attraction to the dead in a sexual manner.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2014, 10:09:14 pm »

Damn

We've got some badass lifespans here on Dual Island

And a serious lack of people at reproductive age.

Seriously, though, what are they gonna do if we don't come back? Nobody's gonna live long enough for them to raise more babies, at this rate.

Actually, that's fine with me, particularly since it's probably not helped by Ness being completely oblivious(Yay 8 Wisdom! So fun!)...and using that sort of stuff to tease/fuck with(depends on your interpretation) the boys.

Except now it's kinda creepy since Darwyen and Oleg are so much older and Gig's just a kid. >.<
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2014, 10:10:54 pm »

I imagine it's a big bundle of awkward suppressed hormones and obliviousness.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2014, 10:14:27 pm »

[Rolepgeek] “Ness is… A complicated subject for me. She’s beautiful. I can’t deny that. I spent years denying it but no longer! I think I might even… Well, she’s nearly flawless. Except for all the flaws. She’s oblivious as a Plump Helmet that’s been left out in the rain too long and she seems attracted to men. Then there’s the outlook. Just… Everything it gumdrops and rainbows with her. It’s not like with Gig though. He’s smart enough to know better. She’s like a kid in that regard. Too eager to realize that life is fleeting. She also seems to aspire to be a paladin. I don’t think we’d get along too well if she takes to it. I hope, for my sake, she stays an aspiring paladin forever… Or maybe a anything else other than Paladin.”

Sacha's thoughts on Ness right now. Aye? Nye?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:48 pm »

Oh, and, ummm...

The reason I point out the age thing.

Just a thought. *whistle innocently*

Thoughts on Sacha's view: She's not really gumdrops and rainbows so much as she is willing to make a snarky comment about anything and everything. And in believing the best possible outcome of a scenario is certain to come true(which is not unfounded as it happens a disproportionate amount of the time with her). She understands when things are bad or dumb, but she doesn't like to ruin anyone's day, so she tries to cheer them up. She always has a smile like she knows something you don't and would love to share it with you if you'd only ask. She's certainly eager about life but less childish and more just not thinking things through - or not caring(maybe that's what Sacha means, though). She is, however, rather impatient, which Sacha might be upset about. She's supposed to be charming as much as she is beautiful, and it's not exactly clear who she's attracted to(which is mostly for reasons of allowing more angst) since she only ever makes jokes about it.

Also she doesn't know about paladins yet, other than stories, and given what's known about them, and her, it's seemingly obvious she would make a terrible one, for all that she denies it.

Oh yes, and did I mention that she constantly does stuff that sane people would probably be too scared/smart to, typically involved things that end up risking her life?

EDIT: Sorry if I'm contradicting you or anything, but seeing other people's perspectives on her personality allows me to try and describe it better. I'll try and adjust her personality description to better show what I said but it might be a while.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2014, 10:24:46 pm »

“Ness is… A complicated subject for me. She’s beautiful. I can’t deny that. I spent years denying it but no longer! I think I might even… Well, she’s nearly flawless. Except for all the flaws. She’s oblivious as a Plump Helmet that’s been left out in the rain too long and she seems attracted to men. Plus she scares me nearly constantly. She constantly takes risks that any sane person would avoid entirely. She's also very childish. Doesn't think things through... Yet... Well I think I'll keep her around. After all, if I left, who would heal her wounds?"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2014, 10:27:09 pm »

He's not an "old fart", he's 35 :l
I can take 5-8 years off of him if it bothers folks so much.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2014, 10:30:51 pm »

Don't you dare! I like Uncle Darwyn just the way he is! Rolep, stop limiting others!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2014, 10:36:25 pm »

In Medieval times?

That's an old fart.

In fact he's technically middle-aged which affects his Ability Scores.

My only issue with it is that it confuses me how we'd be friends from childhood if we weren't all children at the same time. And it's less of a problem as a 'please DM explain how before I break something inside my head'

EDIT: Really, Nerjin, as long as you're describing what Sacha truly thinks of her, rather than just repeating my description of her for my benefit, I'm fine with it. :P Write as you please.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2014, 10:40:25 pm »

Okay I'll explain...

Darwyn was born first. He was Darwyn...

THEN Oleg showed up about 6 years later. Darwyn and Oleg were friends despite the age difference.

Sacha, Beolas, and Ness were borna round the time the two older men were teenagers. Having no other teens on the island they made money baby-sitting the trio. Over time they became more and more friendly and by the time the youngers were teesn [and Gig showed up], the friendship was cemented. Despite being older [14 years older than Sacha] it wasn't much of a change.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2014, 10:46:00 pm »

Hmmmm...

Okay. I guess.

I do have to wonder this though:

You're technically considered an adult at 14, so...

Of course, that's a lot more easily explained since it's a cultural thing and whatnot.

Still...it's mildly weird, at least to me, that Darwyn was older than Gig is now, when Gig was born. >.>

But also you may want to make him 34 Sirus since your ability scores will get changed and the DM might not be happy about that(your mental scores go up, and Venerable Dragonwrought Kobolds are munchkin-mates, so...yeah...)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2014, 10:47:56 pm »

Can't we just say he already did or that he's aging gracefully due to his druidism? Besides, it isn't liek the second you turn 35 your scores change. I view it more as a gradual decline over time.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2014, 11:20:37 pm »

I think then, that that means that his scores have already gradually declined. >.>

It's just a one-year change, it's not that big of a deal. Oleg is one year below middle age too.

Also I think technically according to mechanics, they do actually turn 35 the second your scores change. DnD is weird.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2014, 11:23:28 pm »

A lot of people don't reach Venerable age because of that very thing Rolepgeek, mah boi.

See, a lot of commoners work in strength based stuff.

"Hey Tommy, hold this heavy board if you would."

"Okay."

"Say, Tommy, when it your birthday anyways?"

"Today. This boards kinda heavy. Sure glad I have 10 strength."

"Yep. When were you born anyways?"

"At around noon. Why?"

"Noon? But... TOMMY! DROP THE BOARD!!!"

"Why?"

*Splat*

The Superintendent walks in "Hey guys, time for lu-... Tommy turned 35 today didn't he?"

"Yep..."

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 65