Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Wizard's End  (Read 7596 times)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard's End
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2014, 08:39:18 am »

"Hmmm... How about this?!"

Create an explosion of healing.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2014, 08:47:44 am »

Bah,I'd never manage a healing spell.

"Curse" myself with Lycanthropy that should last about 5 seconds.
6: You feel yourself changing the moment you cast it. Seconds later, you are a wolf. Not a werewolf, but a wolf. You give out a stunned growl, before the teacher quickly turns you back with a spell. He shakes his head at you.

Attempt to cast the spell.

Considering my aspect is metal, this prolly won't work.
5: You raise your hands in front of you, and a white light starts flowing out of them. The pain in your nose vanishes, and a small scar on your left hand vanishes. Wow. It seems to have worked.

"Focus, focus..."

Cast heal.
2: You raise your hands, but you are distracted by someone turning into a wolf, and you lose your focus.

"Hmmm... How about this?!"

Create an explosion of healing.
1: You raise your hands and focus on making an explosion of healing, but what DOES come out is an explosion of explosions. You get flung back, and hit a desk. The desks do not seem to have the same safeguards as the walls, and you feel a bone break and bleeding in several places. The teacher gives you a worried glance, before turning to the class.

"Students, one of your number seems to be rather injured. So, take this as a chance to test your expertise of your skills. Try to cast a bolt spell of healing, and then class will be dismissed for the day, after I tell you a few minor types of spells."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2014, 08:49:03 am »

"Stupid wolf."

DIRECT FULL POWER into injured kid.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2014, 08:50:16 am »

"Stupid wolf."

Direct full power? What full power? Are you using your power to heal him or vaporize him? Be specific, because in the future I may be an EVIL GM with these sorts of errors >: )
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

blazing glory

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2014, 09:01:58 am »

Let's try a little bone magic,there's no way healing will work well with curses,it's a few notches down from necromancy but it still won't work well.

Try to reconnect the bone.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2014, 09:22:55 am »

May I join?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2014, 09:24:03 am »

((I seem to get a one when doing a stunt. Need to be careful next time.))

"T-That really hurt..."

Try to heal myself as well

Scotsmen

• Bay Watcher
  • FREEDOOOOOMM!!!! And cake.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2014, 01:38:14 pm »

Waitlisting.
Spoiler: Jack Persson (click to show/hide)
As he waits to be unrestrained and taken backstage, he can't help but think I miss my fun bits.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »

Give Crimson a bolt of my healing. Preferably not in his face.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2014, 04:10:17 pm »

Heal the injured one.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2014, 04:18:36 pm »

"Stupid wolf."

1: You try to fling full power to the injured kid, but end up nearly vaporizing yourself. You too are flung back, but you have the fortune to land on a wall, which repels you, keeping you uninjured.

Let's try a little bone magic,there's no way healing will work well with curses,it's a few notches down from necromancy but it still won't work well.

Try to reconnect the bone.
1: You feel something in your hands... Then you feel a pop. With a scream, you realize you have dislocated your wrist on your right hand. The teacher sighs, and quickly repairs you with a bolt of magic.

((I seem to get a one when doing a stunt. Need to be careful next time.))

"T-That really hurt..."

Try to heal myself as well
5: You feel bones mending quickly, and some scratches go away- however, you're still bleeding rather heavily, and you're still in pain.

Give Crimson a bolt of my healing. Preferably not in his face.
5: You finish healing crimson with a single bolt to the torso. He gives you an appreciative look.

Heal the injured one.
3: You start casting, then stop, disappointed, realizing that he's already fully healed. Darn it.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2014, 04:39:19 pm »

The wizard coughs, then begins to speak again. "Very good. You seem to have grasped the most basic spell types very well. However, there are more advanced types. There are curses, blessings, wards, shields, and summoning. We will learn about those all more in depth later on in the school. For now..."

It has been about half a dozen years. Most of you are just entering the age of adolescence. You take one more look back at the school. It has taught you so much, and you love the place so much. It was a home to you for six years. But it is time to turn your back, and start anew. You turn to the south, towards the lands dubbed as Wizard's End. You prepare for a journey. You look around you, and see the other students of your year are here too. They have been inseparable companions to you, and you thank them much. It is time, you decide, to make your mark on this world. One of the others brings out a map of the surrounding territories. You see several landmarks, and decide it would be best to head in that direction, finding adventure on the way. You see three close enough to walk to easily. There is Coal Mesa, Towering Oak, and Tower of Stones. You and your teammates discuss which way to go (Majority vote wins).

blazing glory

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2014, 05:09:02 pm »

We should go to the Tower of Stones.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2014, 07:05:33 pm »

Agreed.  It would be a suitable base of operations for us.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2014, 07:09:21 pm »

As I am not in yet, I do not posses a vote. I personally think that the Coal Mesa sounds like a place for getting rich and having fun burning the miners there.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7