Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Wizard's End  (Read 7604 times)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard's End
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2014, 05:22:31 pm »

One more time. This time with both hands!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2014, 05:50:31 pm »

Jonas jumps at the other boys sudden metamorphosis into a lightning storm, and then runs off to try and make nice with someone else.
2: Jonas is so surprised that he too stumbles, and falls on his face. Ow. The floor is rather hard.

Curse a wall with incredible pain and see what happens.

((Grrrr I need a hamster!))
Afterwards try to focus all my attention into making fire,even a little candleflame would be good enough.
4:You try to curse a wall with pain, and it starts shuddering. Seconds later, small pebbles start falling out, then the shuddering stops. Wow. You guess even rocks feel pain.
3: You manage to summon the briefest flicker of light. It looked to be but an ember, but it's a start.

One more time. This time with both hands!
1: You try, and immediately you feel the power overloading. Seconds later, you are flung backwards, and impact the wall rather quickly. However, the inevitable breaking of bones and smashing of skulls does not come. You open your previously tightly shut eyes, and see that you are hovering a few meters away from the wall, and then you are set down gently. Phew.

You hear footsteps approaching. Apparently your teacher returns.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

blazing glory

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2014, 05:56:20 pm »

Wait.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2014, 06:05:51 pm »

"God dang powers. I'll have you in my control soon."

Observe the teacher.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2014, 06:06:46 pm »

The wizard walks in and surveys the damage done to the room with all your experiments. "Hmmm. Not bad. With this group, I was expecting more damage." He then turns to you. "Well then, are you ready to learn about the next type of spells you may be using? I'll tell you a few this time. First, the concentrated channel spell, or "Beam". This spell is not a simple bolt, but instead it happens over a duration. It can last from seconds to minutes, and some wizards can even keep it up for hours. Beams can be utilized by ALMOST all kinds of aspects. For example, I'm now going to show you a beam of ice." He clamps both of his hands together, draws them back close to his chest, tenses up, then flings them forward. A pure light blue beam is projected from the meeting point of his hands, and ends on the wall. On the wall, you see small little trails of ice growing, and shining crystals beginning to form. The teacher holds this pose for a few more seconds, before dropping his hands, and wiping his head, which has begun to bead with sweat. The wall is covered in what seems to be a miniature permafrost, with small flurries emitting from it. "And that's the beam." He says, before getting a small grin on his face. "Now, judging by the scorch-marks on the room, some of you must know how to manipulate fire. Care to show me, and melt that ice?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

blazing glory

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2014, 06:11:09 pm »

Try to summon up a small beam of fire and send it to the ice.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2014, 06:14:28 pm »

After Satner, create a small beam of lightning and direct it towards the ice if it has not been fully melted. If it has been fully melted, then just observe.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 06:17:37 pm by Crimson »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2014, 07:54:56 pm »

Fire beam the ice into oblivion.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2014, 01:25:46 am »

Try and find some metal, sharpen the edge, and slice up the ice with it.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2014, 06:14:18 am »

Get up off the floor, and preferably away from the place where all the people are shooting magic beams.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2014, 07:08:26 am »

Try to summon up a small beam of fire and send it to the ice.
3: A small little beam of red sizzles out of your hands momentarily, before fading into nonexistence. Dang.

After Satner, create a small beam of lightning and direct it towards the ice if it has not been fully melted. If it has been fully melted, then just observe.
4: You create a small little beam of lightning that melts away the top layer of the ice. It's not fully gone yet.

Fire beam the ice into oblivion.
5: You draw your hands towards your chest, feel some power, then fling them forwards, emitting a massive red beam. Even the teacher looks moderately stunned. Within seconds, whatever left of the ice is gone, and the wall is completely blackened. Well done.

Try and find some metal, sharpen the edge, and slice up the ice with it.
1: You find no metal, but you do fall face-down on the ground. Your nose hurts.

Get up off the floor, and preferably away from the place where all the people are shooting magic beams.
2: You do get up, but in your haste to flee you flee directly towards the people with the magic beams.You're lucky you stopped when you did, or you may have joined NRDL's fire beam, and become a melted pool of you.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2014, 07:13:16 am »

The teacher seems to have a few more things to say. "Well done, whatever your name is. But there's more work to do. More spell types to learn! The next we will be learning about is Utility spells, or "Self" spells. For example, watch as I cast some air aspect magic on myself." He closes his eyes, holds out his hands, and concentrates much. After a few seconds, his hands emit a light green glow, and he starts hovering off the ground, slowly gaining altitude. Then, he retracts his hands. He hits the floor with very little momentum, and looks around the class. "Utility spells are used to benefit the user, in order to help them achieve a task. Some self spells may protect, while others may give better mobility, while some may increase your physical power. Most self spells, however, are healing spells, in order to remove wounds and poisons from the body. I would like everyone here to try a Healing Self Spell, now. And then, just as a little experiment, I want to see if anyone can try a "Healing Beam". It's very difficult, and few young mages can cast it. This group looks like it may be up to the challenge, though." He says the last part to himself, before directing his attention to you, waiting for you to perform the task he gave you.

blazing glory

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2014, 07:24:43 am »

Bah,I'd never manage a healing spell.

"Curse" myself with Lycanthropy that should last about 5 seconds.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2014, 07:41:12 am »

Attempt to cast the spell.

Considering my aspect is metal, this prolly won't work.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2014, 08:08:41 am »

"Focus, focus..."

Cast heal.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7