Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Wizard's End  (Read 7579 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Wizard's End
« on: June 29, 2014, 07:05:01 am »

Welcome to the Land of Adventurealot! This is a medieval realm often seized by wars between nations. It will possibly be used by me later in RTD's for other medieval themes, but now, I present to you,
Wizard's End.

PART 0: Character Creation ^.^

"Greetings, possible Future students! You are all here because your parents said that you had the possibility to become a wizard for some reason or another, and quickly handed you over. Do you know why most of them shoved you over so quickly? Because they fear you, they fear me, they fear every magician ever. They fear magic, because they are simple peasants, and they do not understand the greater powers in this world known as the Magical Arts. You will soon understand the Magical Arts, however! That is, if you pass the PreExamination..."

You all groan as he hands out a sheet and a pencil. Luckily for you, you all know how to write, and you fill out the sheet with ease, before turning it back in.
Spoiler: PreExamination (click to show/hide)

I'll be taking five applicants. After that, people will go onto... THE WAITLIST!!!
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard's End
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:06:37 am »

WAITLIST:

Name: Theodore O'Malloy
Affinity: Explosions
Physical characteristics: Red haired kid with an eyepatch
Mental characteristics: Boom! Hahahaha

Name:Dave David Davidson the fourteenth
Affinity: Words (runes and stuff like that)
Physical Characteristics: wirey, albino, impish face, slighly above average height.
Mental Characteristics: Very clinical. Likes to think things out but has a temper when things don't go according to plan.
What got you selected by your parents for this school: Curiosity. My experiments got kind of out of hand.

Name:Alex Lorian Raman II
Affinity: Blood

Physical Characteristics: Alex is rather thin for a boy his age.

Mental Characteristics: Alex is careless and would likely act first before thinking of others.

What got you selected by your parents for this school:They wanted to get rid of his obsession of blood and death magic.

Name: Jin Gletscher
Affinity: Ice
Physical Characteristics: I'm rather tiny all around - in animal terms, I would be the runt of the litter. With short, unruly brown hair that doesn't quite reach my shoulders, and light gray eyes, I realize that I'm far from an intimidating figure.
Mental Characteristics: And, contrasting my tiny form, I'm rather hot-headed and optimistic, and people say I'm seemingly filled with an unlimited amount of energy. While I won't rush into something immediately, I'll generally go with the first idea to pop into my head, whether it's good or not - and often, sadly, this makes the situation worse.
What got you selected by your parents for this school: Tenacity. I'm going to do my best to find a way to accomplish something, no matter how many times I fail.

Name: Kazik
Affinity: Mood
Physical Characteristics: Quite tall for his age. He is a bit fat, has dark hair. Brown eyes. Always wears a red, woolen cap.
Mental Characteristics: Kazik is a pessimistic teenager, interested in politics, ready to defend his beliefs when challenged. He tries to not use his skills to piss off anyone he meets, but it's hard, you know?
What got you selected by your parents for this school: He has a surprisingly good understanding of politics, but because he was to intelligent to become a politician, his parents decided to make him a sorcerer...er.

Name: Jack Persson
Affinity: Water
Physical Characteristics: I'm fairly tall and thin. I am fairly strong for my age, or at least that's what people tell me.
Mental Characteristics: Well... If I see a person in trouble, I'll help them as long as there's not much risk to myself... I am generally pretty optimistic though.
What got you selected by your parents for this school: I kept blowing up the toilets. My parents finally got fed up with it, and sent me here.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 02:41:24 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 07:09:41 am »

Name: Lerman
Affinity: Metal
Physical Characteristics: Short, stocky and hairy.
Mental Characteristics: He's a kind-hearted sociopath, which goes as well as you can imagine. He's very protective of those he considers his friends and family, and would bisect anything that tried to mess with them.
What got you selected by your parents for this school: He doesn't have any. Orphan. A recruiter took mercy on him and lead him in here.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:13:05 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:11:28 am »

Name: Nix
Affinity: Fire
Physical Characteristics: Tall, with an above average build
Mental Characteristics: Zealot, when he sees a man in trouble, first he judges the threat, deems the threat evil, burns the threat to ash, then judges the victim, and if the victim is also guilty of some "crime", he gets fireballed as well.
What got you selected by your parents for this school: Nix was always an anti-social little misanthrope, and his parents hoped that he'd do better with peers of similar make and talent, or at least not get into trouble.  They're probably going to regret  that.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 07:13:14 am »

Well, I forgot to add this, but consider yourself at the moment all children whom are effectively just becoming teenagers. Also, I'm taking the first 4 character sheets I get, smurfington, so reserving won't help. NRDL, because you are effectively young Teenagers, you might want to rethink your mental characteristics.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 07:15:02 am »

Is there a particular reason why a teenager can't be a holier than thou little bastard?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 07:16:01 am »

He's an orphan through violence; sociopath for the win!
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 07:19:55 am »

Name: Crimson
Affinity: Lightning
Physical Characteristics: Crimson has an average height, average build, brown hair and blue eyes. Essentially just your average guy.
Mental Characteristics: He is a narcissist and often likes to do what he thinks is fun, so long as it wouldn't get him into trouble. He may help anyone in trouble so long as he would enjoy the ordeal.
What got you selected by your parents for this school: His parents discovered his power when he accidentally burnt down their house with a small spark. That was when they decided to send him to school not just because of his powers but supposedly, also 'due to his attitude'.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:35:24 am by Crimson »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 07:21:09 am »

So we've got two egotistic pyromaniacs and a teenage Magneto.  This is gonna be fun.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 07:23:48 am »

Didn't realize that you were also fire. Let me change my affinity to make each of us unique.

blazing glory

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 07:47:15 am »

Reserved,will make a sheet soon.

EDIT so apparently,reserving wouldn't work,the thing is I take a very hasty look and then blurt out Reserved,then I take a closer look,so I never saw that.

I'm taking the first 4 character sheets I get, so reserving won't help.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 08:00:11 am by blazing glory »

blazing glory

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 07:52:05 am »

Name:Satner Gunthar
Affinity:Curses.
Physical Characteristics:Tall and slim,but fit.
Mental Characteristics:A pessimist,way too comfortable with death,if he saw a man in trouble then he would let him die,for all creatures die eventually.
What got you selected by your parents for this school:Generally too creepy for anyone to like him,they thought that if he would fit in anywhere then it would be here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 08:19:14 am »

The wizard looks over your sheets, nodding, until he gets to Satner's, and his eyebrows come down like a thunderstorm. "Curses?" he asks. "Hmm... I'm going to be watching YOU carefully... also, looking at the mentality of you all, I think I may have to watch ALL of you carefully, lest I nay come out of this alive!" He talks a few more minutes about how you should always use magic for good and not evil, and how this ability gives you an uneven edge over people. This material is so boring, that even he starts to snooze while teaching about it. A few minutes later, he says "Alright! Enough of that! It's time to teach you about the types of spells you'll be using! We'll start with the most basic; a concentrated effect spell, or "Bolt". He shakes his long flowing robes off of his hands, and you see a small, flickering light appear in his right hand. He points to a small section of the wall that is stone, waits until you are all watching it, then pushes his right arm forward, opening his hand as he does. The fire streaks away and impacts with a small burst of heat. Even the stone wall flickers for a second, ablaze, before burning out. The wizard talks again, and you swivel your eyes to him. "Although being the most basic form, Bolts can be the most powerful and most useful attacks for wizards. They can be formed into any aspect, and the effect of them changes as you do. While you all have one aspect that you could probably cast if you want, a powerful magician, like myself, can have an unlimited amount." His right hand glows again, this time green, and when he flings his hand forward, opening it, something that looks like a small ball of condensed grass and leaves goes flying towards the wall. Upon impact, roots shoot out, and the stone is tinged green with moss. The roots slowly start to retract, but the moss stays. "I'll let you sit a bit and digest that information. Even wizards have to use the restroom!" He exits the room. You look around at each other, giddy with excitement. You cannot wait to try it yourselves.

Feel free to experiment with some magic until the next info-dump.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 08:21:22 am »

Name: Jonas Free
Affinity: Shadow
Physical Characteristics: A fairly tiny young man who looks even younger then he is somehow
Mental Characteristics: Jonas spent most of his time pre-wizarding as an urchin, stealing what food he could get for his family of 12 brothers and two sisters. His parents are dead, but his oldest sister takes care of him and his siblings.
What got you selected by your siblings for this school: Unfortunately, Jonas tended to be TOO good at the thefts he made, often drawing attention from guards. He was seen "blending in the shadows" and so his sister sent him off to wizard school.

Erm...am I in? You said five right? :P
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 08:28:00 am »

Oh. It seems indeed you are right! Welcome aboard, sir! Feel free to experiment with spells! :D That goes for everyone...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7