Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG] & [ISG]  (Read 16000 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG] & [ISG]
« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2014, 08:57:49 pm »

((Nobody is using blue as far as I know))

Kashmar heard all the ramble near the hearth room. He walked in slowly, using his staff to help him, an action that wasn't necessary, but he liked the echoing sound that it made against the ground, it added an air of importance to him, which was needed to help convert people. Unfortunately, the sound wasn't achieving the desired effect, but he kept going anyway. Appearances were always important.

-A beholder? That is an unexpected addition to our already diverse group.

He came closer to the floating creature:

-May I inquire about the school or schools of magic in which you specialize?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2014, 09:06:55 pm »

Necromancy and Fire elementalism, I was attempting to mix the two together, but I never could keep both the fire and the undead alive at the same time. but if i figure it out, it would revolutionize minions around the world!
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2014, 09:22:47 pm »

Kashmar resisted the urge to raise an eyebrow at such remark.

-I see. Well, I'm Kashmar, the priest of the Dark One in this keep. If you want some skeletons for your magic, I guess that few of the other champions would refuse to give you some of their animal remains for you to practice. If you happen to come across a fresh body, please let me extract nourishment from it before making a use of it, I'm sure that blood is not a useful component in most undead.

Kashmar then turned to Ignacius:

-Master, I see that you are gathering means to fight whichever force decides to invade us, but I fear that the needs of the keep after that event aren't getting the attention they deserve. How difficult would it be to summon some workers to do the more menial tasks for us?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2014, 09:38:00 pm »

Don't worry, the only blood i would need would be from things too flammable for your palate at any rate.

so i can get up to 5 necromantic spells and one fire elemental spell? or did i miss some other element of spell limitations? if i can,

Rot flesh: Deals damage to an organic target, and increased chance for illness.

Unholy aura: Saps life from nearby enemies. This is absorbed.

Self Destruction: Temporarily reanimated a successfully rotted portion of an enemy while still attached.

Osmose: Drain magic from enemies. this is not absorbed.

Pure flames: Allows for some amount of fire elemental energy to be infused in a Target, this affects the target as though it were constantly on fire.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:31:57 am by Shadestyle »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2014, 09:39:33 pm »

Sorry. Missed where lurker said I'd need more than one shift to move the shroom. Don't have access to a keyboard to easily edit my last post ATM. Just Change my second shift action to spending more time modifying my body. Perhaps I can meditate on the changes I'm making and make progress towards some sort of spell to change form in battle.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2014, 02:26:23 pm »

So.. I hope to get working on the turn tomorrow. We are still lacking any action for a certain Fallen, so feel free to suggest actions for him, and possibly look over your own too.

I'll get a sheet up later today. I grew up on dungeon keeper.
((Woah, hadn't realized the length of the waitlist. I'll let one of them get in. This is just as fun to read anyway.))
Well, you can always join on the end of the waitlist, but as you can tell it may take a very good while until you can get into the game as a champion. I do intend to make this game challenging. Not painfully so, but if the players go alone to the wrong places, think of charging as the only viable option in combat, or plainy have a very bad roll of the dice, I can promise you that it won't be just a far-off dream. Well, don't hold your breath for it to happen.

Heyo Crest, I am the Legendary failure of a magician, SHAMWISE, Now if you would excuse me. i need to ask someone for something to reanimate.

Shift 1: Search for skeletons
Shift 2: Prepare circles for reanimating skeletons properly

We switched to full day with this turn, so please decide on all 4 shifts ( Well, actually more like 3, because you want to rest one of them, but still ).

We also would have some animal skeletons in the common goods stockpile, but if you want to try your luck at finding something better, be my guest. ;3
Well, as these animals went out without a fight, they would be more like a distraction, than the threat a humanoid skeleton would provide. Searching around might actually turn out to be preferable to what you currently have access to.

so i can get up to 5 necromantic spells and one fire elemental spell? or did i miss some other element of spell limitations? if i can,
~ snip ~

You are not really wrong, but I would advise you to work over them again. At least half of them don't really fit the bill of "In-Combat Magic", and there is the question if I want souls as a seperate resource, and what functions they would get - expect making sacrifices of all kinds less worth if they are already removed from the body.
Spoiler: In-Depth Explanation (click to show/hide)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2014, 02:48:50 pm »

Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

But yes, this is actually how i intended all of them to be like, I didn't put points in tactician for nothing after all, but i can change it if you think it would cause problems.

Also, yes, i wanted to actually search for skeletons, this is an old Keep after all. Edited turn for more shifts
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 03:46:11 pm by Shadestyle »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2014, 02:54:13 pm »

((I edited (yet again) my turn. I added a little bit of stuff to it: besides looking at the general area, I want to do some research on the plant life, so that we get some knowledge on what surrounds us. Fungi are included in plant life))

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2014, 04:51:32 am »

Well... I guess we will have to do something about this slow speed we are currently going at. I mean, its been 5 days, and I have yet to recieve any reaction from some players, despite multiple PM's. I also urged in the original Opening Post that I want to do at least 2 turns per week, and thus people unable to look into the game on a daily basis should refrain from playing a champion.

Any opinions or solutions for the matter would be quite welcome - if you think it better so, even over pm instead of openly in this thread.

But yes, this is actually how i intended all of them to be like, I didn't put points in tactician for nothing after all, but i can change it if you think it would cause problems.

Shade.. I never said anything about you not being able to do these things. You are a necromancer, you know how these things work. Well, most if it, anyways. But they take time - more time than you would have in battle. You are able to outfit your skeletons with these semi-phylacterys - but doing so would require you to use your necromancy like a crafting skill, various resources and mainly time included. A wave of your hand and some MP won't cut it there. You also might need to initially research some things, because just knowing the math to your desired effect, does not mean that you can see the result of its rather complicated equation. Else? Go as wild as you want. I mean, look at Rocetta. She is about to feed godly-mutated snakes her magificial breastmilk.

The Combat-Spells I want from you, are just a simplefied use of the broader magic the caster knows. Arcane tricks that you literally can do on the fly.

So the "Spells" that I will accept, will be;
Rot Flesh, Decay, and Pure Flames ( Misunderstood what you actually meant with the description in that one )

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2014, 04:55:04 am »

Still waiting as a replacement if you need me :P
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2014, 06:05:15 am »

Ok, i understand now, i thought these were vague spells that covered all bases, i will fix it, I am really sorry for being so dense.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:27:24 am by Shadestyle »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2014, 07:15:03 am »

((I would suggest an action for the Fallen, but I don't know what would he want to do. Well, I know what do I want him to do, but that would be cheating))

((How about if a player is away for three turns we "unsummon" the champion?))

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2014, 07:18:05 am »

((I would suggest an action for the Fallen, but I don't know what would he want to do. Well, I know what do I want him to do, but that would be cheating))

((How about if a player is away for three turns we "unsummon" the champion?))

((I actually like this idea quite a bit, it isn't killing them off, so if they do show up, it won't be quite as bad as if we just had rocks fall, or assumed direct control.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2014, 07:21:36 am »

((Also, by unsummon, I mean that Ignacius gets back the influence too.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2014, 07:24:36 pm »

((I'm going to be away for a week, so I'm going to post more shifts just in case for another day:

Shift 1: remove the mushroom form the library.
Shift 2: Keep researching from the local flora.
Shift 3: Eat and drain a corpse from one of the hunters, I doubt that anybody would mind.
Shift 4: sleep.

Shift 1 can be replaced with finishing the altar if I don't finish it in the former day))

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11