Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG] & [ISG]  (Read 15993 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG] & [ISG]
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2014, 12:26:38 pm »

((Oh, because I thought about an ability for combat for my dark priest class: "Devourer's maw". Basically, it makes a shadowy mouth appear and engulf somebody, disabling him for some time. And also doing damage, hence the "badass" ability))

Well, paralyzing, confusing, slowing and silence effects are possible for spells, but they are limited. I don't want to have D&D-like end-game situation, where you either have a support-buffer against these things, enchantments against them, or your fights are a ticking time bomb.

"Quicksand", which indiscriminately targets a tile, would be lower than "Arcane Binding", which targets a specific enemy. What you want there, is not only a targetet paralyzing effect, but also damage and illusionary / more difficult to resist effect. That would be quite "badass" indeed, and you will need above 10 Skill for it. The exact number will somewhat depend on how the players develope spells and stuff, but that much I can already tell you.. ;3
Then I will get working on my priestly magic! Also, I didn't know that that's what end-game is in D&D. Yeah, DPS races aren't really fun after some of them.

Shift 3: Eat, drain of blood the rest of Rocetta's corpses for later use.
Draining corpses for later use will be difficult, as you only have 5 vials. Not any kind of vials though, as their enchantments will keep the blood inside them fresh.
Then drain as much blood as I can fit in the vials I have.

Also, I'm willing to change my turn as Weirdsound sees fit. In case he wants to spend more turns in the mushroom thing, I will spend that shift accompanying Ignacius while he annexes outside territory, observing the general area and discussing local politics.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 17, 2014, 12:32:34 pm »

I'll have to post my turn later, but how are the number of spells available to a player determined? Skill level?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 17, 2014, 01:03:50 pm »

I'll have to post my turn later, but how are the number of spells available to a player determined? Skill level?
For starting purposes, yes. While you will also get a new spell each skill lvl-up, you can always research new ones separately.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 17, 2014, 07:01:49 pm »

Turn soon.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2014, 10:31:21 am »

Suddenly, a wave of magic is to be felt throughout all of the keep, and even in the intermediate area. Anybody with at least some skill in magic should be able to feel it, with those of higher skill even able to point the root of it towards the portal room. In there, Ignacius is about to give "the talk" to a most bizzare creature.

"So... I called you here because I expect visitors. Visitors that I did not invite, nor would like to entertain in these halls. Oh, and before you have not repelled them, do not even think about wanting some reward. What else.. Oh, right. I already summoned a few others, so if you see a fallen, harpy, gargoyle, orc, salamander, blendec or elfish vampire, be sure not to attack them. Actually.. they might attack you, wouldn't they? Well, guess I will need to show you around a little then. Any questions so far? "

(( Well, if we need over half a week to get the turns together from the players, not to mention that I also need to work through them, I might as well take on another player. At least then the turns "will count" more. ))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2014, 10:39:14 am »

I'll get a sheet up later today. I grew up on dungeon keeper.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2014, 12:17:40 pm »

Shift 1: Ssitoc looks for traces of larger creatures living nearby while hunting.
Shift 2: He attempts to weave some cage traps, and baits them with some meat.
Shift 3: eat, sleep, drink, etc.
Shift 4: check his traps. Practise with his weapons.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2014, 12:31:50 pm »

((Also, as we didn't get a response from Weirdsound, I'm going to definitely change my turn to accompany Ignacius. I'm editting it in the post where I wrote my shifts))

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2014, 01:58:10 pm »

((How about I'll move my sparring action to the fourth shift for some awesome dual action?))
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2014, 02:57:58 pm »

"Only one, On a scale of 1 to Cthulhu's jacuzzi, About how many Strange magical objects are in this particular dungeon?"
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2014, 04:55:05 pm »

I'll get a sheet up later today. I grew up on dungeon keeper.
((Woah, hadn't realized the length of the waitlist. I'll let one of them get in. This is just as fun to read anyway.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2014, 06:22:07 pm »

Apologies for my delayed post, but here it is still. Tell me if you got any issues with the spells.

Spells: Mud - Causes an area made of rock, earth, soil or any similar material (constructed or not) to turn into mud, with all that entails.
          Stoneskin - Hardens the skin of the target, providing magical armour
          Mend Rock - Repairs any object made of rock, including rock creatures.

Shift 1: Investigate the object at the corner of the room to the south
Shift 2: Proceed to the portal room to see what the commotion is about
Shift 3: Reinforce keep gates with magic
Shift 4: Sleep
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2014, 07:23:54 pm »

"Only one, On a scale of 1 to Cthulhu's jacuzzi, About how many Strange magical objects are in this particular dungeon?"
"Ah, yes, a very good question indeed. I would say, at least a seven! ... before we were looted, I mean. Since then the only strange magical object here, would be in front of you. While it is a solid piece of work, I would loathe to give it more than a one right now."

Shift 1: Investigate the object at the corner of the room to the south
The damp atmosphere of the keep has filled one of the tiles with some water. You are fairly sure that some sort of bramble is growing out of it, but botanics of mundane plants is really not all that much of your forte.

Shift 2: Proceed to the portal room to see what the commotion is about
"Ah, well wouldn't you look at that. Crest? Our newest addition. Newest addition? Crest, the Gargoyle I spoke of."
While addressing both of them respectively, Ignacius also gives them a very amicable nod. Overall, it is a rather strange kind of atmosphere.

Shift 3: Reinforce keep gates with magic
The gate itself is still standing, that is, if you understand the gate to be the stonework. The door of the gate seems to have been unhinged at some point, and no indication of it can be found anywhere. Actually, only the doorway to Ignacius private chambers seems to still have one. Odd.

((Who's getting in?))
The next one on the waitlist. Unless he wouldn't answer to my "Hey dude, its your time to get in"-PM for.. well, untill I grow bored of waiting on the person. If that were to happen, the second in line would get his chance earlier instead.

Spells: Mud - Causes an area made of rock, earth, soil or any similar material (constructed or not) to turn into mud, with all that entails.
          Stoneskin - Hardens the skin of the target, providing magical armour
          Mend Rock - Repairs any object made of rock, including rock creatures.
Sound almost fine. I won't give you "Mud", because that would be a combination spell. It would be quicksand instead, which will allow for mud if there is enough water on the tile, or directly nebst to it. Magnitude of spell would go from "Ankle-Deep" on failure, to "Enough to swallow a massive creature" on the other end of the scale. Yep, there won't be many fixed spells, so casting is more about recieving a good result, VS getting a single check for the effect.

((How about I'll move my sparring action to the fourth shift for some awesome dual action?))
Unless one of you would specify not to do so, I would automatically pair you for such jobs. Such shared actions is actually always a better deal, and while necessary in later exploring and the like, also the reason why I need everyones turn before I can start processing them.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2014, 07:47:32 pm »

Heyo Crest, I am the Legendary failure of a magician, SHAMWISE, Now if you would excuse me. i need to ask someone for something to reanimate.

Shift 1: Search for skeletons

Shift 2: Prepare circles for reanimating skeletons properly

Shift 3: Animate skeletons, if none were found, animate flightless bat skeleton.

Shift 4: Rest

((is anyone using blue speech?))

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:51:35 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11