Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG] & [ISG]  (Read 16034 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG 0/6] & [ISG]
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2014, 10:47:30 am »

- snip -
This means that starving vampires also lose intelligence?

Temporarely, yes. Since undead can't really die from malnutrition, they instead are driven insane by the hunger. Recovering from "advanced stages" will also require multiple days - and feedings. Well, just be aware that "gaming" the feeding system is not really an option ;p

-snip-
I.. see what you did there. Not sure if I should only be amused, or actually take it serious ;3

- snip -
Did the "magic and crafts cost two points initially" mean only for the first level, or every level?
What does "initially" sound like? First level.

Only the first level. I mean, you are learning a full craft / magic school, not just a single skill.
( And boy would I not want to micro-manage all these skill levels like DF does, especially in crafts. Much easier for all involved either way. )

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cavern Keep - [Pixel RPG] & [ISG]
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2014, 04:04:30 pm »

Well then, it was not easy to choose, even after I decided to make it 7 players instead of 6. Any that are still interested, obviously are invited onto the waitlist - where it will be first come first served. Else, this will be somewhat of an intro round, so if there are any things unclear, feel free to ask away. Best, do so IC. ;3

Cavern Keep
~
War for the Underworld

The Underbowels
Some Cavern
Day I

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While eyeing his champions, Ignacius was very pleased to see that they had the common sense to pack some basic tools, and simple weaponry. That is more than many summons can say about themselves, with many even lacking the modesty of clothes covering their nether regions upon arrival. He also discovered that his previous head-counting of six individuals to be wrong, now spotting seven heads instead. Undaunted by this, he continued his welcoming speech. Minus the welcoming part, because, you know, appearances.

"Well then, some of you might be interested why I would call you here, so let me be frank. I am expecting... visitors. Most unwelcome visitors. I am not sure when they will come, and in what numbers, but I am fairly sure that they will – once more, I might add – invite themselves in, and take liberties that I am not welcome to give them. You are to receive them upon arrival, and treat them accordingly."

"We should have some days to prepare for their arrival, time that you might want to spend familiarizing yourself with this place. Be aware that outside of this little fortification is more or less savage land, which means you might find more than vermin out there. Since I did have to spend some amount of power to summon you all, do me the favour and at least try not to die, would you? .... Great."

The ghostly being set up a fake smile - at least it seemed very much so - and looked intently at the diverse creatures in front of him. What the portal spawned was always something of a surprise, but this was certainly an odd arrangement of... things. I mean, come on - only half of them are considered mortals,you know?

"Any question or remarks so far?"

Introducing Ignacius
His most illustrious keeperness will be the character which will be open for suggestions. Any creatures that we acquire – and which is not a champion or one of their followers – will also be open to suggestions, but for now our hands are somewhat tied.

As you might have known - which I severely doubt, at this stage of the game - Good Evil old Ignacius runs on Influence. We need this obscure resource for all kinds of sorcery, with things like additional champions, lesser demons, conjuring dark orbs of destruction and similar on the menu. Our focal point (some would call it “Dungeon Heart”) gives us a nice and steady income of 20 Influence per day. Each Hero Champion needs 5 Influence to stay aligned with this plain – and unless we want our champions to acquire some nasty debuffs and unhealthy dose of daily damage, we don't want to refrain from paying this upkeep.

Luckily, our most ghostly overlord has some savings of Influence, and ways to acquire more of the same. Usurping territory allows him to slowly and steadily sap the mana from the surrounding area, turning it into this sketchy influence on which he thrives. There are no downsides to this, like making other supernatural forces aware of something going on in that peculiar cavern, and them sending troops to investigate the matter. Or just sending some troops to rumble up the place for good. Ye~p. Not going to happen. At all. On that note, each “tile” on the yet-to-be-published map, will be up for us to encroach upon. Since these tiles are 10x10 in near-view, this translates into 5 tiles for the small keep that we currently call our own.

For those – hopefully few – that think of Ignacius being fit for the battlefield, I point out the joyous fact of him being only destroyed once his influence reaches zero. Bu~t, I also have to announce that his form is rather frail indeed. If his ghostly avatar gets too much damage, he will be temporarily banished into his focal point, loosing a hefty dose of influence in the process and being unable to do anything much until he is restored.

Resources:
1 Set of basic crafting tools - Each Character - Feel free to choose your own flavour-text
1 Basic Weapon - Each Character - Choose what it will be
25 Rations of Food (5 Each, save Kashmar & Crest)
25 Bottled Water (5 Each, save Kashmar & Crest)
5 Vials of Blood (Kashmar)

Ignacius:
800 Influence
-15 Influence daily
Spoiler: Rundown (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Player List
Spoiler: Izak / Jboy2000000 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kashmar / Tomcost (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rocetta / Weirdsound (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Borgrum / IcyTea31 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Agex / Sarrak (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crest / Deathsword (click to show/hide)

Waitlist
(To be added)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2014, 04:14:54 pm »

"A question, I do have. The land outside are savage you say, what foe would we find, should we leave this place? Small rats, and bugs would surely be easy pray, to practice our malice, but if stronger enemies encroach upon your outside lands, wise it would be to stay and prepare here."

A sword made from bone, a skull and finger bones for the hilt, and a sharpened leg bone for the blade.
A quill and inkwell for writing lore.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:36:57 pm by Jboy2000000 »
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2014, 04:22:52 pm »

Still interested if you could put my original character on the waitlist.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2014, 04:29:13 pm »

Agex smiles upon hearing about savage lands: "Is there any pray worthy of hunting?"

1 set of tools for leatherworking (cleaning hides etc.)
1 bow made from volcanic larvae bones (can endure Agex heat) with a supply of makeshift arrows
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2014, 04:39:18 pm »

"A question, I do have. The land outside are savage you say, what foe would we find, should we leave this place? Small rats, and bugs would surely be easy pray, to practice our malice, but if stronger enemies encroach upon your outside lands, wise it would be to stay and prepare here."

"Hmm.. yes, well. There are many creatures in the caverns, and frankly, you never know on what you can stumble if you are not careful enough. What I can tell you, is that there should be no dragon or somesuch in the vicinity. You tend to feel such mighty creatures long before you see them. Unless they mask their presence, that is."

"As for a more practical answer - don't go out alone, because sooner or later, you are bound to happen on something that is stronger than you. Or more vicious. Or just better prepared. Well, keep away from any areas where you can't see your surroundings, like forests, around geysers and similiar. Oh, and if the outer walls are still standing, you should be somewhat safe from bigger predators. Not that size is all that counts in terms of power, but still."

Agex smiles upon hearing about savage lands: "Is there any pray worthy of hunting?"

"A~ha~ha~, yes, I am sure there will be something to entertain you in that regard. Animals that live in the caverns tend to grow rather big - if they make it that long, that is. Which means, if it has grown big, it is also more often than not very crafty. Still, I would not know what goes on outside these walls, so I can't really say what currently lives in this particular cavern."

Still interested if you could put my original character on the waitlist.
Sure, will be done. Anyone else still interested, just say so - I will list you come next turn. You are also free to change your character, or rather - when a player enters the game, I will ask him about that topic again.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2014, 05:11:29 pm »

"Great. I will scout around for a bit. Nothing serious this time - I'm not fully prepared for the hunt. Yet."
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2014, 05:21:48 pm »

Another question I do have. You summoned us here, to protect your keep. A task that without doubt will be laborious. Now, greedy is the last thing I want to appear, but will we receive and compensation for aiding you?"
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 06:24:36 pm by Jboy2000000 »

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2014, 05:59:29 pm »

"I don't suppose there any facilities in this keep, are there? Furthermore, what are you policies on the looting of those... uninvited guests of yours?"

Tools: Tome and write implements
 Weapon: Stone claws

How will magic for characters work?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2014, 06:15:35 pm »

Weapon: Long-chained Flail
Tools: 'Vet' kit: knives, ointments, and various foul smelling substances, allegedly for the healing of animals. Would probably work on most things.

So Ssitoc have new master. He made a sort of gutteral growl. Very well.

Scout with Izak
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2014, 06:18:43 pm »

PURPLE SPEECH

((Ahem))

Speech color (reserving): Purple

((All my characters have purple speech so far, and, while this may seem unimportant, I don't wan to get confused in the future...))

Kashmar stepped forward and adressed Ignacius:

-Greetings, my new master,-Kashmar said making a short reverence- The Dark One has found your venture here... interesting , and so, I, Kashmar the Blackened, have been sent here so that this promising enterprise could thrive at the same time the teachings from the Harbinger of Obscurity are preached. As you assume, and just to clarify, I am at your disposition as much as every other mortal, divine being or construct in this very room. The Darkener doesn't demand much from his followers, and thus religion won't be a nuisance, only requiring some place to worship in the future, once the basic needs of this place are already tended.

Weapon:
A dark iron staff. Its tip is made from obsidian, and shaped as a round maw, almost totally closed, but letting a snaky tongue with a sharp edge come out of it.
Also, if possible, a dagger made in a similar fashion, with a snaky tongue blade coming out of an oval-shaped and almost closed maw as a hand-guard.

Tools:
Scribing tools and many tomes on different topics.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2014, 06:20:31 pm »

Speech color (reserving): Purple
Fine, guess Ill make it glow or something, fits the idea more anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2014, 06:25:13 pm »

Rocetta's ears perk up upon hearing the Salamander Speak, and the Overlord answer. "Such hunting interests me as well..." She announces with a soft yet pitched voice, "I would be glad to accompany the Salamander on such an expedition. We can eat the weak, and take the strong prey back alive to tame, breed, and use as materials for the construction of Chimeras and other such projects..."

The Harpy then blinks. "Oh. But we would need proper pens or cages before embarking on a project like that."

Weapon: Longbow
Tool: Shovel and Plow
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:26:53 pm by Weirdsound »

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 06:46:53 pm »

Well then, it was not easy to choose, even after I decided to make it 7 players instead of 6. Any that are still interested, obviously are invited onto the waitlist - where it will be first come first served. Else, this will be somewhat of an intro round, so if there are any things unclear, feel free to ask away. Best, do so IC. ;3
Ack, maybe I shouldn't have gone with that particular backstory representation style. Oh well. Waitlist plox.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Varee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2014, 08:14:34 pm »

Well waitlist me i guess
Living on the opposite part of the world is sometime a problem
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11