Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Do you make any changes to the MASTERWORK Raws before playing?  (Read 7073 times)

black47

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Do you make any changes to the MASTERWORK Raws before playing?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 06:12:41 pm »

I add a "Bureaucrat" noble position that includes all of the responsabilities of Broker, Manager and Bookkeeper (and sometimes Psychiatrist. I erase those 3, and add "AS_NEEDED" to the Bureaucrat so I don't have to rely on just one.

This allows me to give a desk, chair and position to each Merchant dwarf that comes to my fort (my mental image is this, but with proper dwarves), and they take care of those activities without generating bottlenecks in work orders approval and trading with caravans. They can take breaks without me going crazy this way.

Aside from that, I also sometimes erase the [FUEL] requirements on the Brick Oven reactions just so I can start right away building stuff in the colors I want.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2014, 08:14:17 pm »

b47, thats a really damned good idea... i might have to steal that one. Question though, if you give them the Psychiatrist as well, do the peons still get bad thoughts from "talking to pillar of society" that they do from talking to the regular psychiatrist?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2014, 02:12:26 am »

They might also get good thoughts from it, it depends on their personality.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2014, 03:41:04 am »

I was always under the assumption they were only "forced" to talk with the Mayor, but now that I think about it that seems rather hopeful and completely unlikely.

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2014, 04:04:06 am »

That is amazing black! I need to do that in my next fort!

I personally add CHILD tags to all dragons (well, except the engine one), phoenixes and Hydras, so I can breed them. Just in case I run into a breeding pair. Also nestboxes for warlocks for the same reason
I make Warlocks able to learn spear skills (for scythe wielding combat warlocks.) Not that this works well, just for entertainement. Might have to adjust their stats aswell.
I tinker a bit with warlock traits, like the love for art and modesty.
I removed the wrinkly part of their skin, but that lead to a fort full of pink skinned warlocks, so I did not do that in my current fort.

I suppose I cannot remove the OPPOSED_TO_LIFE tag from skeletons in a running fort, can I?

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2014, 09:59:58 am »

Maybe the bureaucrat would be a good idea for the human nobles?
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

GreyPowerVan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2014, 12:12:25 pm »

Anyone know how to make dragons more likely to survive worldgen? I've never ever seen one in DF.

Tenderroast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2014, 12:51:28 pm »

@GreyPower

look at page one of this thread. Splinterz comment. That should solve your problem

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 02:53:19 pm »

Maybe the bureaucrat would be a good idea for the human nobles?
Yes, they sound very fitting. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2014, 03:55:17 pm »

Anyone know how to make dragons more likely to survive worldgen? I've never ever seen one in DF.
i add/change the following tokens that seem to help somewhat. you still need to tinker with a lot of worldgen settings to get tons of caves, but not too many so they actually breed. the chromatic dragons seem broken, i rarely have more than a handful.

Spoiler: changes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: entire dragon creature (click to show/hide)

kreepergrimms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 02:32:32 pm »

if it would be possible, could anyone direct me to how to change the raws for changing the upgrade leather, chitin, etc to automatic, also where in the raws would i be able to add breeding dragons? or can i take the one above and replace my raw with that whole section?

urmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 07:26:20 am »

I change d_init.txt to s/\[PATH_COST:1:1:5:25\]/\[PATH_COST:1:2:5:25\]/

That should distinguish between Normal and High traffic areas, in my (vain) attempt to try to save FPS as the fort grows.

I also have a series of macros that I keep between releases (looks like they'll need to be redone now, tho).

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2014, 07:36:13 am »

That should distinguish between Normal and High traffic areas, in my (vain) attempt to try to save FPS as the fort grows.

I also have a series of macros that I keep between releases (looks like they'll need to be redone now, tho).
for fps i thought that 1:1:5:25 was better, as described here?

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2014, 12:32:50 pm »

The default one automatic makes everything use the shortest standard normal path, thus already achieving the gains you're trying to acquire.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2014, 12:55:12 pm »

Custom furniture sets that compliment my architecture style, I change pottery back to vanilla, and add potatoes, cotton, wheat, corn.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4