Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Rotten dwarf?  (Read 2948 times)

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rotten dwarf?
« on: June 28, 2014, 03:32:37 am »

So, having solved the **shiny stuff** shortage by discovering another pillar, now I have rotten dwarvesgiving off huge amounts of miasma - all after contact with a very pathetic FB with poisoness gases...

Is there a way to cure or clean said dwarves? Other than soap and water, which is so complicated in DF, I don't want to go there...

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Rotten dwarf?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 03:43:09 am »

If you dont want to go there simple give them a well /waterarea and mark it as water source
and they should clean themself. Or send them out into the rain if there is any.

You cant do much for the already infected oens though.

Pukako

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 03:46:13 am »

Well, strangely enough, he was looked over by my rather useless chief medical dwarf for a bit, but is now back in service, with massive scars everywhere. EVERYWHERE....

I guess there are different strengths of poisons, from the slightly sick to the kill-you-on-contact type?

Because DF players are heavily into pain.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 04:07:06 am »

If all else fails, a magma bath should always clean him up nicely.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 04:13:31 am »

If he has necrotic tissue it makes miasma. The necrotic tissue can be removed with surgery.

I had a dwarf who needed his lips removed becase stupid dwarven helms dont cover the mouth. And the eyes.

Vyro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 05:33:51 pm »

I guess there are different strengths of poisons, from the slightly sick to the kill-you-on-contact type?

Aye, I got a bad one some while ago. It took splints to treat the necrosis. Splints. My commander was literally a walking mass of a few dozens of them. Called him Splinter Man. He was blind.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 08:32:59 pm »

i have had similar syndromes, all the rotten tissue can be amputated which saves the dwarf, but that doesn't usually happen mostly due to the medical staff not getting off their asses or whatever
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 09:04:58 pm »

It can help to have a large number of medical staff who aren't allowed to socialize or perform any other tasks, and don't own any rooms to store their shit in. No partying, no hauling socks around. Chances are good at least one in five will be available before the dwarf dies.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 10:24:35 pm »

Simply assign everyone to every medical profession, the lack of experience make the surgeries to take longer, but they still succeed anyway, and this way you can have multiple surgeries at the same time.

Using a medical experts only approach you'll be lucky if some doctor feels like treating a patient this year.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 02:21:37 am »

Doctors wo are inexperienced can make wrong decisions and diagnostics.
Just saying klef. :P

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 04:09:55 am »

I haven't fought anyone with poisonous gas, and wonder how the game represents the gas. Is that like miasma or evil cloud?
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 04:39:12 am »

yep, same mechanics but faster moving if spit out.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 05:06:24 am »

I assume that the gas is visible? If it is invisible, that would be a scary attack.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 05:14:27 am »

Yes, you dont need to worry about that. Only about what it's going to do with your dorfs.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 11:12:11 am »

Unfortunately if a dwarf has rotten joints the tissue cannot be removed. I lost 5 dwarves to swollen and rotting joints in Demongate during my turn.
Pages: [1] 2 3