Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Craftknives - Year 4 End - Death n' Death  (Read 12941 times)

snackfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • biddyfox.com
Re: Craftknives - Year 2 End - We Hate Our Queen
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2014, 05:34:37 pm »

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU STOP ME FROM GIVING EVERY TANTRUMING RAMPAGE MONSTER DWARF A WARHAMMER AND CROSSBOW.

Hey, can I end my turn early?

Um. Is this because you have completely destroyed the fort and it is guaranteed to die completely within the year? Because if so, given that it's so early on, I think maybe the next person should start from the end of Iamblichos' turn. That is normal succession fort policy, isn't it?

Basically. I'll take the next open turn.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2014, 07:12:31 pm »

Fine. Which means... It's my turn. :D
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2014, 06:16:28 pm »

Any progress KiBoy? I don't want to see this fortress fade into nothingness and obscurity, at least until the new version is stable.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2014, 04:18:45 am »

Is this thread dead?   :(

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2014, 08:55:24 am »

Looks like it.  I think Craftknives fell to the New Version, a dread megabeast indeed.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2014, 12:27:01 pm »

Sorry guys it took me so long. My inner otaku awoke and ascended to a new level, for couple days I've been overdosing manga and anime.

Well, I started playing the fort now. It's such a mess, and my pc is barely helping ( I barely made it through the first month... ) I should be able to give you a raport tomorrow once I get through Spring at least.

Craftknives won't fall until our elf-ish queen dies!
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2014, 06:26:06 pm »

Sorry guys it took me so long. My inner otaku awoke and ascended to a new level, for couple days I've been overdosing manga and anime.

Well, I started playing the fort now. It's such a mess, and my pc is barely helping ( I barely made it through the first month... ) I should be able to give you a raport tomorrow once I get through Spring at least.

Craftknives won't fall until our elf-ish queen dies!

Huzzah!

KiBoy gestures
Craftknives shudders and begins to move!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2014, 06:18:00 am »

Yeah Craftknives is the main reason I haven't zipped up .34.11 and put it away in storage  :)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2014, 09:49:46 am »

Yeah Craftknives is the main reason I haven't zipped up .34.11 and put it away in storage  :)

Yeah, pretty much the same for me. I did mess a bit in 40.03 but nothing serious yet.

Anyway, here's the first part of my raport for Spring.

Craftknives - Year 3 - Spring

Arriving at the fortress, I gasped in disbelief. These conditions were unbelievable. Dwarves living like ELVES?! Well, I didn't give it much though, as I was greeted by a smell of rotting goblin corpse lying flat out in front of the fortress. Those decorative statues didn't help in the overall picture. And I was fairy certain I saw a part of the fortress suspended in MID-AIR. Not only do we conquer the surface, but SKY as well!?

As I've quickly glanced over the supplies, I was a bit relieved. It wasn't much, but it could last us a bit. The only
thing I'm worried about is that a third of the fortress are worthless children. About the same amount of dwarves were
related to hunting and farming. Just who the heck made these dwarves live in such conditions?

Of course, our, Armok curse her, Queen. How is it possible that such an... such an... ELF rule our people!? It's way beyond my reasoning.

I've noticed that we lacked a bit of walls that were putting us at danger from attacks, so I ordered those crucial to our
safety build up instantly... Holy Armok, why ordered so much mechanisms? From what I understand, our stone supply was limited.
Oh well, I might put these to good use. Those stupid goblins and kobolds will get caught for sure... What the hell is this?

The whole mason's workshop is buried under tons of stone blocks!? Who'd waste such a comfortable resource when the clay was
plentiful? Hmm... I don't like this place at all.  Since our militia was still inexperienced, I've decided to put up a few war dog sentries around our fortress, securing our entrances and preparing traps for invaders.

After some time, I managed to stockpile some wood and additional stones in the pasture area. After all, there was almost nothing there. I also removed majority of the farms. What the hell is wrong with those dwarves?! That amount of farming grounds would supply at least 5 mountainhomes!

One of the brats has been possessed and claimed a craftsdwarf workshop. I hope we'll get some furniture, since our mayor is
unhappy. I didn't even bother to see what he stole from our stockpiles. This place is too much of a mess. I have to be
managing this mess while simunatenously finding time to train my way with axe. I'll never place my life in hands of some
random nobodies. It doesn't help we are severely underarmed. Fortunately, there is more than enough meatshields to use...

I've ordered an steel axe and steel mace for me and Skullsploder, our militia commander. I've talked with him a bit, since I've found out he was the one who founded the fortress. Despite disaggreing on the design of the fortress, we both agreed that we have very limited possibilies and if anyone is to blame, it's the Queen.

Holy crap, that possessed kid made a hatch cover worth almost 70,000 D$! Our mayor will be more than happy.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Speaking about possessed... I swear I've seen a ghost around. What the hell is going on here!? I asked about it, and indeed,
there was a ghost haunting this place. Fortunately, a proper slab has got rid of him. I wish Armok slayed more of our children
so that our alcohol supply wasn't endangered...

So far the only thing we found underground is clay, which means we have both above and underground sources of it.
The aboveground one has been 'integrated' inside of the walls for hauler's safety, but everyone stopped using it, since contact with even clay was better than dwelling aboveground.

The constuction of cage traps is going slowly, but steadily. I'm sure even a goblin siege couldn't break in... Unless they have brains. Speaking of which, I wonder if they have them?

Skullsploder was haunted by the dead recently. That's... unnerving, at least. I added some furnace operator to his squad. He is
decent with maces, or so he says. Though I doubt it will protect him from death. Suddenly one of our miners ran up to me and said they've struck gabbro. The worthless children decided it's a great time to throw a party ( and drink even more of our alcohol! )

Elves arrived. Let's see what do they have... Except for wood and some food there was nothing interesting. But hey, at least we got our hands on GIANT THRIPS!

Mayor ordered the construction of three crossbows. I wonder why, as we have plenty of those, but I'll never understand that
idiotic nobility.

Despite everything happening, the Spring was uneventful. Though when I climbed up the... levitating tower of sorts ( HOW CAN A DWARF SLEEP ON A BED THAT'S PLACED ON LEVITATING STONES!? ) I've witnessed dark clouds on the horizon...

An evil force is approaching Craftknives...

End of raport

So far, there was nothing screenshot worthy happening. FPS is fairly low, children are pissing me off to the point of me thinking about launching them with drawbridges into the river for them to drown... I've made a small room with four levers that control the entrance bridges ( At the end of winter I'll screenshot what lever goes to what, no worries ) and I'll also leave notes. ( Despite unknown levers leading to xX-!!FUN!!-Xx, at least put a note if said lever will lead to doom or not. )
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 09:53:33 am by KiBoy »

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2014, 06:56:17 am »

Hey Iamblichos, have you named a dwarf? I can't find you...

Also, if invader gets trapped in a cage it will show up the ambush, right?

Anyway, here's the report for Summer. It's short and I was dying out of boredom and heat while playing.

Craftknives - Year 3 - Summer

Summer is boring. Nothing much is happening. A few traps by the river to catch things coming through soon-to-be-built
bridges and finishing a room that probably is going to become the new barracks. After all, overseer and an ex-overseer
can't train under that disgusting lightbulb forever.

Speaking of military, We've got fully equipped everyone with full leather armor. Until we can get our hands on some
metal, we will be unable to do much else...

Arghhh, my head is splitting. Those damned brats keep throwing up parties! I swear they'll regret it one day! Stocks are growing at such a pace not even them can eat/drink through. That's a relief.

Our mayor has banned the export of hatch covers. I think he's paranoid that we are going to sell that artifact that
brat created to the next caravan. Damn, I just can't stand those greedy bastards...

Our barracks are ready. The Giant Thrips we purchased from elves is now the proud symbol of our squad. ( To be honest,
I had no idea what the hell thrips were, so I googled it... I have no idea why it's such a big fuss, lol. Unless someone
is afraid of bugs. )

Mosquito Women scared some of workers away. What a bothersome creatures... Meanwhile my miners reported another load of
gabbro. I wish we had struck some metal, our military badly needs it.

I drafted a farmer to the military. Hope he'll be of any use to us.

Finally, our barracks have roof over them! Finally, we are protected from the dreadful sun. Praise Armok!

Human caravan arrived. For some of our food stock we've got some gold bars, glass, logs, stones, booze... Basically
everything. I'm honestly disappointed. They only had copper and bronze weapons and items. There was also a tiny amount
of silver goods. The traders asked us why would we buy their armor, since we can't use it. I explained it in a short
sentence.

"We will melt it."

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2014, 08:47:13 am »

Also, if invader gets trapped in a cage it will show up the ambush, right?

I don't think so. I seem to remember the wiki saying ambushes are not revealed by members being killed or captured (resulting in spontaneously appearing body parts when you have lots of weapon traps), so I wouldn't count on it.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2014, 12:00:11 pm »

Oh well. It's not like they can make it inside in time. Once the main gate is closed, they'll be on the mercy of my cage traps.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2014, 09:36:06 pm »

No, I didn't name a dwarf yet.  Waiting for that legendary gemcutter  :D

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2014, 02:47:41 am »

No, I didn't name a dwarf yet.  Waiting for that legendary gemcutter  :D

Then you'll wait a bit. I haven't discovered a single gem cluster. :/

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2014, 07:19:19 am »

That's why I made my narrator head out with the migrants at the end of my announcement.  He's "gone".  I will probably come back as some new form of psycho, next turn.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8