Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29893 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)
« Reply #405 on: September 12, 2014, 11:08:09 am »

I think I said he was a head taller than Unrest, who I said was either 8 or 8 and a half feet tall.

I'm pretty sure Auratus is human sized. Everybody else is a bit amibious though.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 12, 2014, 11:16:13 am »

Yeah. I'll help you with that in  a bit.
*pokes*

I need to do housekeeping soon. Update the Actors wiki page, write up those Maluses (Mali?) for the losers of the battles, and a few other small things. Likely Tomorrow. I'll do it then.

One way or the other, I'm not going to introduce your character until next turn, which is still likely some time a way; I have a few actions posted, but it looks like there will be some more RP to resolve first.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 12, 2014, 11:20:25 am »

I'm pretty sure Auratus is human sized. Everybody else is a bit amibious though.

For now, at least ;3 . I severly doubt he will ever reach "second stage" maturity. While I find this game very enjoyable, I somehow dont think we will play long enought to get there. At least not anytime soon. Actually, even with "yearly turns", it would take quite a while... :P

Back to the topic at hand, seeing as there is much greek influence, I would have the picture of pretty much any of us being at least a good head taller than "our" mortals normally grow to be. With malnutrition and diseases still running more or less rampant, not difficult, and leaving us at the height of a "big guy" nowadays, but maybe that is only my impression.

Edit:

Ah, the wonders of the rp-timewarp. Should the hopeful priestess get on board, I think Auratus has enough sense to not take a still civilian girl into a combat zone. Which also would convieniently explain why she was not already mentioned, like, a week ago.  :P
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:40:39 pm by escaped lurker »

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 13, 2014, 04:32:42 pm »

So... I guess except Ketemos, everybody is back at the castle. I would think nothing too important could happen because of the other rp's that are currently going on, so starting on the meeting should be a good idea. ( Well, Sarah's reaction to the death of her child, and Pyrites reaction towards Linda might give rise to subtle change, but should be done with before we form concrete plans together ) Unless we don't want to hold a meeting this month, but really, with such happenings we are almost bound to.

Seeing as she is the temporary lord, I guess we can leave the task of calling it in to Ketari. ;3

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 14, 2014, 03:57:49 pm »

I'm suddenly struck with the compulsion to make a Ginyu Force of monsters.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 14, 2014, 04:00:12 pm »

Basically, let's start wrapping this month up. If you have any clever plans, spit 'em out.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 14, 2014, 05:09:32 pm »

Housekeeping has begun (A day later than I would have liked), here come the Maluses

For Pyrite:

Code: [Select]
Horizion Seeder: Prodigy class actors you create all have the taint of the Horizon Creatures in their blood. If you go two full months without attempting to create a Prodigy, you suffer a penalty of 5 to the success rate of all actions except for the attempted creation of a Prodigy. This penalty is increased by 5 for each month you ignore it. When attempting to create a Prodigy, you gain a bonus to success rate equal to 5 + Twice any penalty this Malus is presently giving to your other actions.

Horizion Actions: Each time you fail an action, you have a 1/3 chance of attempting another action of the same type in its place. This second chance action is determined by the GM, and always serves the interest of the Local Horizon Creatures, while often recklessly paying little heed to your own agenda, and the interests of your allies.

For Tulwor:

Shameful Defeat: You suffer a -10 penalty to combat power and/or success rate when attempting to peacefully interact with or fight alongside Bellian Military Hosts. This Malus is removed if you manage to win a battle alongside a Bellian Military Host, with no other help, in spite of it.

For the 1st Barker Pack:

Fondness of Orcish Blood: On any turn in which Ketari or another player does not imeadiately involve them in any of his or her actions, the 1st Barker Pack will hunt Orcs, putting themselves at risk, causing diplomatic trouble if you are at peace with the Orcs, but occasionally catching/finding something useful while they are out, and always bringing back Orc Byproducts as minor resources if they are successful.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 14, 2014, 05:21:02 pm »

Also, You'll read the exact details of what happened during next turn's NPC report, but something handled Hugoph's prayer for vengence right at the nick of time. Three gods were involved, but since none publicly claimed credit, the universe has randomly chosen to give it to Auratus. Between all the gods invested in the prayer, and his Vengeful Nature Boon, Auratus gains 4 Prayer Energy.

Also, it would be nice if you could each post an updated character sheet with Maluses and Prayer Energy.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 14, 2014, 05:30:27 pm »

Pyrite:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 14, 2014, 05:32:50 pm »

Wouldn't it maake more sense to allocate the prayer energy between the gods, then?

I dunno how much I have. 1?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 14, 2014, 05:58:17 pm »

Nope. System is designed to drive conflict. Prayer is worth 1 Energy for Each god that gets even marginally involved in it, but only 1 God can claim it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 14, 2014, 06:06:32 pm »

Actors page good and updated. Now all thats left is to update the last turn with some inventory/stock issues, and help the newcomer out...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 15, 2014, 12:15:36 pm »

Oh, wow. I did not expect that influx of prayer energy. Sure don't dislike it either.  :P
I'll have to skim it over again, but I think the only prayers I resolved was Elder Messel's request, and the one just now. Hmm.. guess Auratus is more prone to dicking around in politics, than actively seeking out prayers to fullfill. Still ain't got a prayer glass for his shrine, too. Oh well~

Spoiler: Auratus (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl, I would think we delay your "meeting" with Linda until after the "council" is over. I doubt her existance will change all too much now, but if need be we also can push that matter back into next month. Well, if you would have wanted to meet her previously, we can also arrange that. Still, could turn out to be an interesting piece of rp ;3

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 15, 2014, 04:09:49 pm »

Oh, wow. I did not expect that influx of prayer energy. Sure don't dislike it either.  :P
I'll have to skim it over again, but I think the only prayers I resolved was Elder Messel's request, and the one just now. Hmm.. guess Auratus is more prone to dicking around in politics, than actively seeking out prayers to fullfill. Still ain't got a prayer glass for his shrine, too. Oh well~
What do the rankings look like now? 4 for Auratus, 3 for Pyrite... I think two for Tulwor and one for Ketari? Ketemos might have zero.

IronyOwl, I would think we delay your "meeting" with Linda until after the "council" is over. I doubt her existance will change all too much now, but if need be we also can push that matter back into next month. Well, if you would have wanted to meet her previously, we can also arrange that. Still, could turn out to be an interesting piece of rp ;3
I say we handle it before. Who knows how long this meeting is going to last, especially if we're waiting on Ketemos. :I

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 15, 2014, 05:05:18 pm »

Well, as you wish. Initiate RP-Timewarp! Coordinates: Unknown!  :P

A~nd thats it for today, at least from me. If you feel like it, do go ahead with knocking on my door or stuff. While we are bound to take some time at the meeting, we might as well make the best use of different timezones.

Edit:

...and Multia's... fun but schemey, from what I've seen."

Well then, I guess she has to be that way. From what "we" have seen, Pyrite supposedly has seen all of her. Multiple times, even.   :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 04:01:45 pm by escaped lurker »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33