Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29905 times)

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)
« Reply #375 on: September 04, 2014, 10:38:09 pm »

PM has been sent. I'll elaborate on it when I learn more about the lore.
The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 05, 2014, 09:43:58 pm »

Huh. Dunno how Haze could've confused a dragon for the ol' Ketemos.

EDIT: actually, nah forgot that Auratus was also looking for Haze.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 09:45:46 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 06, 2014, 04:09:30 pm »

Geeze. Random.org hates you poor saps. Remind me to dig my big bag of dice out for the next turn. Should have d100s there.

Still have to use it for battles though, as most Actors have Combat Power that does not equate nicely to a real dice.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 06, 2014, 04:22:39 pm »

Worst. Month.

Ever.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 06, 2014, 04:39:44 pm »

Worst. Month.

Ever.

----

So where am I now, then? At the castle?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 06, 2014, 04:43:37 pm »

Yeah. You all are free to RP with each other, the castle NPCs, or start posting actions so that we can move onto a less terrible month once Auratus and Ketemos are done with their RPs.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 07, 2014, 12:50:54 am »

Err, did Survivor fire for Tulwor's defeat (will not be utterly defeated? What's the malus do, anyway?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 07, 2014, 10:24:32 am »

Worst. Month.

Ever.

Yeah.... I think we all can say that you got the brunt of it this time.

Looking at the situation in Selma's Gate, and the actions I am bound to take because of it, I sure would fancy some better rolls for us next month~
Actually, scratch that, looking at the situation in both cities there is not much difference. Still, we really need someone to take care of the powder in Kiatown though, preferably before Wild Red blows up the whole frekking harbour... >>

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 07, 2014, 04:26:42 pm »

Alright, I'm all caught up on lore. I definitely do want a human thief. A pretty one :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 07, 2014, 05:10:42 pm »

Actually, scratch that, looking at the situation in both cities there is not much difference. Still, we really need someone to take care of the powder in Kiatown though, preferably before Wild Red blows up the whole frekking harbour... >>
Hmmm. A disaster's not a disaster if it happens to your enemies, right~?

This might actually be a good thing. Assuming we can find somebody stupid enough to ride a galleon filled with explosives directly into an enemy fleet and jump aside at the last second as everything explodes.

*notices Tulwor is already on the boat heading out*

Alright, I'm all caught up on lore. I definitely do want a human thief. A pretty one :P
Uh oh.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 07, 2014, 05:31:04 pm »

I'm really uncertain of my next actions, now.

What does the Barker malus actually do?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 07, 2014, 09:11:26 pm »

I'm tentatively leaning towards heading to Kiatown to make one or more monstrous anti-infantry Actors, maybe drumming up support or cooperation from powerful factions, or possibly trying to quell factional infighting in general. Other contenders include awakening the basilisk-spawn (but they might come out as Prodigies, and I don't want to rush their development or waste time on not-very-siege-related stuff), building a giant siege engine (but I might be better served with living artillery), forging combat-related artifacts (see previous issue), producing Actors right here at Newbellum (but I'm not sure how qualified my current options are), and a variety of assorted other plans and schemes to wreak havoc in Selma's Gate, diplomacy some enemies away, and so on.

As for you... yeah. Without fine manipulation, that's a tricky one. Can't make artifacts unless they're rather bulky, can't sit the throne to artillery strike the invaders, probably don't want to rush into battle, not particularly diplomacy-oriented...

Really don't know.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 09, 2014, 07:34:38 am »

Err, could I borrow a Barker to act as Sarah's final Crucible boss? I can't take her out of there without the final ordeal (well, I could, but that'd be cheating).

@Weirdsound: Do I need to find out the specifics of the malus in gameplay then? That's fair enough, but yeah. I would like to know how Survivor works, though - did it trigger here, or do I need to state in advance to a battle when I want to use it?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 09, 2014, 09:11:38 am »

Err, could I borrow a Barker to act as Sarah's final Crucible boss? I can't take her out of there without the final ordeal (well, I could, but that'd be cheating).

@Weirdsound: Do I need to find out the specifics of the malus in gameplay then? That's fair enough, but yeah. I would like to know how Survivor works, though - did it trigger here, or do I need to state in advance to a battle when I want to use it?

Nobody was trying to inflict an Utter Defeat on you. Destroying you wasn't the goal of the enemy, so you were never in danger of being destroyed; Ergo survivor didn't come into play. Something bad always happens to everybody on the losing side though. Usually just a one turn penalty or a minor Malus.

That said, it is wise to remind me about your boons when you think they are about to come into play. I did forget about survivor that time, so we were lucky it didn't matter there. :)

I'll drop data about the Malus when I do the pre-turn housekeeping.

Again_Dejavu

• Bay Watcher
  • F5, F5, F5...
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 09, 2014, 09:16:36 am »

So, would I be able to make a thiefy guy? My brain isn't working.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33