Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29925 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

In related news, are these actions good? I'm a little uncertain on the scale for them.

Your actions are fine.

Fair enough. I'll use it for a bunch of other miracles as well.

So what we want is:

Defence: the howlers should cover that.

Stealth: If we wwant to snatch back Chell, I'll make a cloak of hiding or something.

Storage: We could do with some kind of secure storage. I don't think just locking a door would do. So I'll transplant a barker forest sprig, grow a new grove in the castle, and have the roots form a bunch of chambers you can store stuff securely in.

I'll edit or make a new post in a bit.

Does the two miracles I woudl otherwise have just disappear then? Hmm.

Yeah. Your other actions go bye-bye. In theory, if enough Miracles are saved, you could be dropping dozens of actions through the throne alone. No need to pile onto that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Guys? :x
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for the delays. I'm not entirely sure what I'm wanted to do, though. Is Ketari going on the throne or not? If not, what's Tulwor expected to do with it? Rain hellfire upon the Orcish lands? Make big-ass defenses for the Castle? I could just make some more siege weapons and such to bolster the mortal army (without the throne) and try to inspire them pre-battle.

I'd ask these questions IC, but I expect we want to be quick and I'm low on free time at the moment.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

No, I'm wondering what I should do. Are my actions enough to justify using the throne's storage of powers? I'm leaning towards no. Ketari is the best choice for the phone, if nothing else because she knows everything the other gods do and more.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, that is the point of view that she has in that matter, true enough. Still, do the other gods know about this? Are we aware of each other's qualities, or just how much are we aware? Not trying to put someone on the spot in the least, but it seems some of us are more cautious with this than others - nor would we want to get too complicated with it either. Well, some rough guideline might be worth considering.

As example, Pyrite is surprised by Auratus declaration this round, yet it was known that the dragon had dealings with the pirates pretty much when he came back from that trip. Would my character know about the harpy egg, or the not-quite-elephant? Would someone besides Ketari know the exact contents of my promise or dealings with Searoc Rook? From that point of view, Ketari actually is quite "nice" to rp, because, hey, she just knows it.

As for Ketari's actions, even if that spying action is completely free, and unrelated to throne usage (which I will presume to be the case), I still don't really see the use of your actions. While Auratus does have some self-serving interest in mind with that afterlife-thingy, if this island holds, we won't be defeated utterly. Since the souls do protect it, defiling it should become substantially harder too. Also, the big battle draws near, which means no matter the outcome, we will be drowning in the souls of the fallen. A resource that could turn the godly war into our favour. Eh... things I'd better explain in IC, but still.

Actually, just how much of a defeat is an utterly one? Is razing a building without utter defeat even possible? Else, even without the blessing of the labyrinthian domain, once built on the frozen island, it might stick around.

Sorry for the delays. I'm not entirely sure what I'm wanted to do, though. Is Ketari going on the throne or not? If not, what's Tulwor expected to do with it? Rain hellfire upon the Orcish lands? Make big-ass defenses for the Castle? I could just make some more siege weapons and such to bolster the mortal army (without the throne) and try to inspire them pre-battle.

I'd ask these questions IC, but I expect we want to be quick and I'm low on free time at the moment.
What to do with the throne? Well, going along with Auratus' plan for that afterlife thingy.  :P
If anyone is able to pull that off, it would be Tulwor truly. As for why it actually would not be that bad an idea, see above. With the right amount of souls / or powerfull ones, I think it is fair to say that Auratus is not boasting that his crafts were to be coveted.

Inspiring them could go hand in hand with Oinkiny's feast, or at least deter him being kidnapped too. After Corusu's Storm and Chell's transportation, his abilities seem to come next in terms of being usefull, if we "use" him correctly, that is. Well, or rather, if he "let's" himself be used correctly, but I guess Auratus meddling gave him a headstart there.

Also, take Sarah out of the crucible, and let her participate in that battle. She would easily turn it into our favour, and as the orcish side has at least one mortal champion as well, it is not dishonourable either.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 04:12:11 pm by escaped lurker »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

No, I'm wondering what I should do. Are my actions enough to justify using the throne's storage of powers? I'm leaning towards no. Ketari is the best choice for the phone, if nothing else because she knows everything the other gods do and more.

Well, you have the throne for three months, and we are kinda waiting on you. I'd say just take a regular turn for now.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm not sure you're "wanted" to do anything in particular. Pyrite's covering actually launching or at least figuring out the fatal flaw with launching the assault, and ideally transporting and equipping the weapons. Ketari's covering spying on the kidnapper. The battle could use some help, but there's a limit to what you could do because you can't participate directly. Either could use additional things for later, but neither's especially desperate for it.

You could certainly inspire or strength the army, or build siege weapons for toppling the fort afterwards. You could also forge artifacts for later use against dragons, since that went so well last time. :P

You could also just faff about and do nothing particularly related to our communal troubles, like finding yourself some monsters for the crucible or trying to appease some prayers.

Also, take Sarah out of the crucible, and let her participate in that battle. She would easily turn it into our favour, and as the orcish side has at least one mortal champion as well, it is not dishonourable either.
ERROR: TERRIBLE IDEA

Sarah is a champion. Hosts get a 1.25 bonus to combat strength if there's at least one enemy champion around. This host might be benefiting from fortification bonuses. I do not know how said bonuses stack. But even without that, Sarah's 10 Strength is less than the (59*0.25) = 14.75 the Orcish army would roughly gain from her presence.

Rolls are swingy, so it's possible she'd add more than they'd gain, but it's not statistically likely.

Ironically, Veilia would be incredibly helpful here, but can't bear to kill (on purpose) and likely despises sand.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

Well, depending on the strength of the new barker pack, I'll add both of those to the army. As Ketari herself won't fight, it wont be a impetus for the orcish gods to intervene themselves.

At best it'll be a +12 strength, at worst a +7, neither of which are bad. And if they get destroyed, ah well.
I'll grow more.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure you're "wanted" to do anything in particular. Pyrite's covering actually launching or at least figuring out the fatal flaw with launching the assault, and ideally transporting and equipping the weapons. Ketari's covering spying on the kidnapper. The battle could use some help, but there's a limit to what you could do because you can't participate directly. Either could use additional things for later, but neither's especially desperate for it.

You could certainly inspire or strength the army, or build siege weapons for toppling the fort afterwards. You could also forge artifacts for later use against dragons, since that went so well last time. :P

You could also just faff about and do nothing particularly related to our communal troubles, like finding yourself some monsters for the crucible or trying to appease some prayers.

Terribly sorry for the shortness of the post, but there we go. I might have to try finding monsters myself soon, as Malcome's taking his sweet time in returning with sweet booty for me.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Looks like the turn will be happening soonish then. Might have to wait until the weekend. I have just barely enough going on to possibly keep me from getting into a good writing groove before then.

I will be doing some housekeeping for this game this afternoon, starting with the full effect of the Malus Auratus earned by losing that fight:

Code: [Select]
Embarassing Debt to House Skullcrest [Malus] - You suffer a -4 penalty to the success rate of any peaceful interaction with a Bellian educated enough to know of the foul history between House Skullcrest and dragonkind, and aware enough of current events to know of your rescue at their hands. This includes the entirety of the Bellian nobility on the island. This penalty is doubled to -8 if you are actively seeking to harm House Skullcrest or their interests, or are pursuing a cause that is blatantly draconic (acquirement of wealth, asserting the dominance of dragonkind, ect). This penalty quadruples to -16 if you are actively seeking to harm house Skullcrest while pursuing a cause that is blatantly draconic. This penalty never applies if you are acting in the interests of house Skullcrest. This penalty will be reduced to -2, and will no longer be multiplied for any reason, should you adequately and publicly pay off your debt to House Skullcrest. This penalty can only be fully eliminated by removing Skullcrest entirely from the island, or by getting on good terms with the ancient family so that the debt is less humiliating.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Lurker, you meant 'Haze' not 'Hazel' in your last IC post, right?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lurker, you meant 'Haze' not 'Hazel' in your last IC post, right?

Yes. Was sure enough of the name to not look it up on wikidot. So much for my memory, I guess.  ;3

Code: [Select]
Embarassing Debt to House Skullcrest [Malus] - You suffer a -4 penalty to the success rate of any peaceful interaction with a Bellian educated enough to know of the foul history between House Skullcrest and dragonkind, and aware enough of current events to know of your rescue at their hands. This includes the entirety of the Bellian nobility on the island. This penalty is doubled to -8 if you are actively seeking to harm House Skullcrest or their interests, or are pursuing a cause that is blatantly draconic (acquirement of wealth, asserting the dominance of dragonkind, ect). This penalty quadruples to -16 if you are actively seeking to harm house Skullcrest while pursuing a cause that is blatantly draconic. This penalty never applies if you are acting in the interests of house Skullcrest. This penalty will be reduced to -2, and will no longer be multiplied for any reason, should you adequately and publicly pay off your debt to House Skullcrest. This penalty can only be fully eliminated by removing Skullcrest entirely from the island, or by getting on good terms with the ancient family so that the debt is less humiliating.

Well.. the outcome is obvious then; Good bye, House Skullcrest. Certainly wasn't nice knowing you either~  :P
Then again, if Auratus acts against their interest, prior to evening that debt, the malus ought to grow even bigger. He might be all-right with the infamy of being wrathful, but shifty / ingrate would be another matter.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tulwor has some interest to protect at least some members of Skullcrest. I'd tread lightly, dragon.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)
« Reply #343 on: September 02, 2014, 05:28:45 pm »

Oh geeze... Just started rolling the turn. Random.org seems to have something against you lot...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)
« Reply #344 on: September 02, 2014, 05:30:40 pm »

Oh well, it's only a war!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33