Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29983 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

They accidentally inhaled the cards and choked to death?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Crit fails don't instagib; They either weaken the god who rolled them, harm or destroy that god's interest, or introduce a new problem for the island.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Just rolled the turn. Will do some housework, and then get on it. Expect it tonight or tomorrow.

Also... the critical fails came out to play big time this month. Somebody got two in a turn, and somebody crit failed a card game. Half my challenge this turn will be figuring out how somebody critically fails a card game...
Wow, yeah. I knew those 30-40% failure chances were gonna come out to play sooner or later, but I wasn't thinking about crit fails.

This is gonna be an interesting month.

Crit fails don't instagib; They either weaken the god who rolled them, harm or destroy that god's interest, or introduce a new problem for the island.
Wagering on the side is the only thing I can really think of, at least generically. "Let's make this interesting!"

Cue owing "a kingdom" to Lord Ryder's maid.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Just rolled the turn. Will do some housework, and then get on it. Expect it tonight or tomorrow.

Also... the critical fails came out to play big time this month. Somebody got two in a turn, and somebody crit failed a card game. Half my challenge this turn will be figuring out how somebody critically fails a card game...
Wow, yeah. I knew those 30-40% failure chances were gonna come out to play sooner or later, but I wasn't thinking about crit fails.

This is gonna be an interesting month.

Wagering on the side is the only thing I can really think of, at least generically. "Let's make this interesting!"

Cue owing "a kingdom" to Lord Ryder's maid.

I couldn't figure out how to make it wager related without making it a crit-success for the other player(s). Crit fails are not supposed to be explicitly good PC who isn't in a hot and active feud with the poor failing sap. Also, if you got your way and brought the game to Newbellum, nobody is safe! Buhaha!

In the end I came up with a passable excuse to make the bad stuff from the crit fail otherwise unrelated to cards.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

I have some GMly reasons for not wanting to publicly post exactly what Ketari found out from having the birds spy on the Harpy Goddess. Giglamesh cane either wait for the issue to resolve itself, which should happen fairly quickly, or just ask for a PM.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Holy crap.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy crap.

Indeed.

Since I am only presented 3 options, and one of them allready surrender, I am under the impression that using my miracle in the fight is not a viable tactic. Or is it?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Miracles can only be used in fights that you pick or plan for. Most Miracles are things that would take too long to do in the heat of battle, and lesser supernatural effects count as part of your Combat Power.

So no, no miracle.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh my god. I don't think I've ever seen a turn go as utterly, terribly wrong before as this. I can't stop laughing: it might be hysterical. Partially it's the hilarious mental image of Tulwor chasing a flying spear through the Castle.

Weeeeeell then. This is interesting.

@Weirdsound: I guess Corusu's Wing did nothing worth mentioning yet?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I have some GMly reasons for not wanting to publicly post exactly what Ketari found out from having the birds spy on the Harpy Goddess. Giglamesh cane either wait for the issue to resolve itself, which should happen fairly quickly, or just ask for a PM.
Oh crap, I just figured this out.

Oh crap.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If Auratus gets through this one piece, he and Tulwor have grounds for the most unlikely alliance yet. Of course, all the gods ought to be concerned - perhaps the Jade Throne shall see some use? These poor Orcs just ruined all chances of this not turning into all-around, horrifying slaughter. And yes, I am aware it might be us horribly slaughtered.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, we need the powers from the Jade Throne.

I nominate Ketari. As someone with the most knowledge, she can detect and deal with threats most efficiently.

Because us being horribly slaughtered would rather put a downer on things.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If Auratus gets through this one piece, he and Tulwor have grounds for the most unlikely alliance yet.

I am planning to do the first  :P
As for the second, yes, that is not all that unlikely. While our little choleric dragon does not value pretty much all of Tulwor's character, he thinks him to be above scheming. Maybe, that is. A very tentative maybe, but still.

Yeah, well, I am currently writing up my turn, and having fun with the Riptide part. As for the jade throne, I make the futile mention of Auratus being most suited, as he is the only one truly interested in politics, and amassing power as a goal in and of itself outright. He might even spare some scraps for the rest of you, if you behave. ;3

Edit: While it states that I only have these three choices, I did include Auratus trying to reason with the other Dragon. I am aware that it is not in the cards, but doing otherwise would not feel right. Meeting a "free" dragon, is afteral kind of a big thing for Auratus. So yeah, just fluff without function.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:13:32 am by escaped lurker »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welp. Turns out bad things may happen.

EDIT: What about my new Barkers? I assume they can form into a pack by themselves, so could you roll for their combat strength?

« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 01:09:31 pm by GiglameshDespair »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Ohhhh, she's trying to gank Ketari's hound pits, not Pyrite. Haha, well then, nothing to worry about at all.

For added irony, know what could come in real handy right now? That spear Tulwor was trying to make to slay dragons. Pity it's now more likely to ally with said dragon just to piss Tulwor off. :P

...actually, it might try allying with both dragons, unless it's keyed to (Bellian) gods in general and not just Tulwor specifically.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33