Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29940 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (Signups are Closed)
« Reply #210 on: July 26, 2014, 04:13:57 pm »

Hey, the greek gods were all massive nutjobs as well.

Well, Ketari eats the smallest harpy warrior first off, but she's going to interrogate the others before she consumes them as well. She's come this far to let her prey get away now, hasn't she?

Eh, will probably eat the babies as well. More tender.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 26, 2014, 04:58:07 pm »

Hey, the greek gods were all massive nutjobs as well.
This is true. And, to be perfectly honest, it's not like the mainland Bellian deities are all there either.

Eh, will probably eat the babies as well. More tender.
The other nice thing about Pyrite tackling this issue is the immense moral authority he brings into it.

"Ketari wait! Don't eat that! You'll doom us all!"
"But I caught it and it's tasty."
"Really? Damn. Plus now I'm hungry too."

On the bright side, he is sympathetic to Ketari's issue, which can be helpful. I can imagine her and Ketemos staring at each other in bewilderment, trying to figure out how "But it'll bring ruin to everything" and "But it's tasty" is even the slightest bit relevant to anything. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2014, 04:31:59 pm »

Too~ bad that a certain fuming dragon won't be able to crash Ketemos little intellectual party. I would smell rp gold right there~

... well, guess he will have to do with the after-party.  :P

Actually, that Newbellum is now littered with bellian and orcish mortals, weird bark-beasts, ever more half-gods and "foreign" gods to boot, are certain to not improve his mood either. ;3

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2014, 04:42:34 pm »

I know, right? It's literally a zoo in there. On your left you have bird-women waiting to be tortured to death. On your right you have rather large obedient slaves wandering around aimlessly. Directly ahead is the chimaeric goddess of Frankenstein monsters and her crew.

Mind the children that aren't slated for eating, you know how they get underfoot. Feel free to feed the vinehounds, though! They are too small for riding.

I think getting any or especially all of us in on that party would be gold, though. We should try to organize a meeting involving all five of us sometime; that could be entertaining.

Damn shame that'd be the only interaction that month for most of us, and not everyone would be able to post the same amount. :(
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2014, 04:46:06 pm »

I have Sarah's daughter, if anyone wants her to... play with harpy chicks or accidentally end up in a cooking pot.

Actually, I've been tempted to chuck her in the Crucible with mom. The description doesn't say anything about age, so it oughta affect her normally. Soon we'll have a 4-year-old Hero stronger than ten men.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2014, 05:07:35 pm »

I have Sarah's daughter, if anyone wants her to... play with harpy chicks or accidentally end up in a cooking pot.
Pyrite's got this.

Actually, I've been tempted to chuck her in the Crucible with mom. The description doesn't say anything about age, so it oughta affect her normally. Soon we'll have a 4-year-old Hero stronger than ten men.
Sounds like a plan to me, though I imagine if she rolls poorly that might adversely affect Mommy.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2014, 05:13:37 pm »

Yeah... I will just add that Ketari's Rat is already a hero actor, and thus more than qualified to enter that crucible on its own. The crucible description also does not say anything about "god actors can't use this, y'know?", and I have yet to see an attempt at somebody entering. Calling dibs now though, should that indeed be a reasonable move!

It actually states that actors can break free with miracles they use inside of it. Not sure if that is thought for cases like that Half-God Princess, or also would include us.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2014, 05:26:07 pm »

The crucible description also does not say anything about "god actors can't use this, y'know?", and I have yet to see an attempt at somebody entering. Calling dibs now though, should that indeed be a reasonable move!

It actually states that actors can break free with miracles they use inside of it. Not sure if that is thought for cases like that Half-God Princess, or also would include us.

Oh, Auratus should absolutely enter; he can't actually get out without Tulwor's permission and a monster fight, after all. It'd do him a world of good.

(Well, without spending that Miracle/Interaction, but mwah)

I doubt Tulwor is taking good care of that child either. Hell, would you trust any of the godly servants to do so? 'Change its diapers? You mean there's.... FILTH IN IT?'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2014, 06:15:15 pm »

If you're willing to risk the 5% instagib chance, go for it. Worst case, I hear Glaciana's real nice to dragons. :P

Actually... it doesn't actually say how people get into the Crucible to begin with. I wonder if you could use an action to trip somebody in there?

"SAY DRAGON I WANNA SHOW YOU SOMETHING"
"This is even less clever than I expected."
"IT'S RIGHT OVER HERE BUT YOU GOTTA LEAN OVER TO SEE IT"
"This isn't going to work and you're embarrassing yourself."
"STRENGTH CHECK OOPS"
"THIS IS BULLSHIT AND I'M COMING FOR YOU WHEN I GET OUT OF HERE"

I doubt Tulwor is taking good care of that child either. Hell, would you trust any of the godly servants to do so? 'Change its diapers? You mean there's.... FILTH IN IT?'
I would be more concerned about her screaming "BATH TIME" every two hours and giving the kid aquaphobia than keeping her distance.

...I wonder what happens if she tries to climb the storm dragon?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2014, 06:50:40 pm »

Your Tulwor-imitation is scarily good. How much for writing all my lines from now on?

Is Corusu barred from harming mortals in the castle? If so, climbing him will be educational (for her vocabulary) and fun. This plan has Tulwor's hammer blow of approval.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2014, 07:09:45 pm »

While i have the time and before I forget, the barker spawn for next month is: 5 x 10 = 50

Hmm. I think i'm going to make a temple or something in Selma's gate. or Kiatown. A hunting lodge where blood shed in Ketari's name can feed the trees that make the walls.

I am curious about this eg though.

And with that, I'm back to busy, so posts will be infrequent, but I'll make an effort. I'm enjoying this game so far.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2014, 09:16:15 pm »

I think I mentioned that gods can use actions to mess with standard crucible proceedings. It would just take a regular miracle or interaction to break oneself or somebody else out; unless Hellhound's character ups security.

You wouldn't know icly if the dragon is prevented from hurting mortals, so I won't tell you here.

Also, I just suffered a router side wifi error at the hotel, and cannot be assed to do RP on my iPhone. Tomorrow night I will be flying/laying over for seven straight hours, which means lots of time to write, but little wifi to read or post with. Hopefully regular RP resumes Tuesday. Feel free to RP with each other in the meantime.

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2014, 11:37:24 am »

Another God Game which I never realized was here. *sigh* Well, I guess I could be waitlisted.

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)

Keep up the good work, Weirdsound. Its been fun reading the story that's panning out. I can only hope that I can eventually join, though that may be a while from appearances.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 29, 2014, 06:22:43 am »

I hate all of you.

I think I found a good colour set for text. It looks a little pink, but...
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2014, 03:27:49 pm »

I suspect that both micelus and Lurker will wrap up their turn essential RPs in another post or two, and that GiglameshDespair will likely drag things out due to scheduling stuff. Once Ketari is the only one doing turn induced RP, the rest of you can start dragging me into other RPs as you see fit.

Also, once micelus is done, I will roll to see which of the NPCs his meeting has drawn is sticking around for awhile.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33