Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29957 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (Signups are Closed)
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2014, 01:37:14 pm »

How lucky for me, though I do find it amusing my pack of murder-tree dog-bats and only twice as strong as he particularly intelligent mouse I created.
I was more amused by remembering that said mouse could generally take non-Actors in a fight. I'm imagining it does so via very comical get-them-to-hit-themselves-with-a-frying-pan style nonsense.

Surprise inner tubing river adventure! Yay New Hampshire Vacation! Wont be posting until this evening at the earliest.

Also, let me be the first to say that powerlevels are bullshit, but also mechanically necessary. When dividing my time and energy, I'll put the effort into having a good story over mechanics that make sense every time.
That sounds fun.

I do the reverse. :x
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2014, 02:26:01 pm »

Quote from: Weirdsound
Auratus' Temple Guard
A ragtag army put together to discourge pirates from looting the everloving crap out of Auratus' shrine.

I.. see what you did there.  :P

How lucky for me, though I do find it amusing my pack of murder-tree dog-bats and only twice as strong as he particularly intelligent mouse I created.
I was more amused by remembering that said mouse could generally take non-Actors in a fight. I'm imagining it does so via very comical get-them-to-hit-themselves-with-a-frying-pan style nonsense.
Actually, the picture that I would get is that of a mouse out-dodging mortal attacks by pure math and intellect, then climbing on top of them and ripping (read, gnawing) open their veins... At least it should be more fitting, giving the nature of the mouse' patron god.

Else, I find it somewhat ironic that my actions last turn wasted one of ketemos, and this round the situation is reversed. Well, time to use my pieces to their fullest then, ey? ;3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2014, 02:32:19 pm »

So now I have two miracles and an interaction, right?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2014, 02:41:09 pm »

At least it should be more fitting, giving the nature of the mouse' patron god.
That's true. Going all Monty Python might make more sense from an origin perspective.

Then again, it was just a tracking rat. Maybe that'd be a bit less hungry than a hunting rat.

Not until everyone else has finished their turns, at which point non-turn RP and next-turn actions may resume. Otherwise poor WS would be trapped in a solid block of doing things and tracking which turn everyone was on.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2014, 02:44:02 pm »

At least it should be more fitting, giving the nature of the mouse' patron god.
That's true. Going all Monty Python might make more sense from an origin perspective.

Then again, it was just a tracking rat. Maybe that'd be a bit less hungry than a hunting rat.

Not until everyone else has finished their turns, at which point non-turn RP and next-turn actions may resume. Otherwise poor WS would be trapped in a solid block of doing things and tracking which turn everyone was on.

Right. I thought that was it for this turn, but i was getting a bit confused.

I did name the mouse, though gods know what I named it. Sarrani or something, I don't know. I'll give it command of a Barker pack at some point and it'll sit on ones head, directing the ruin of my enemies.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2014, 02:47:54 pm »

I'll give it command of a Barker pack at some point and it'll sit on ones head, directing the ruin of my enemies.
I think you might officially be turning into a Disney villain.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2014, 02:51:53 pm »

Ketari is actually pretty nutty, to be honest.

She was created to eat birds, born of spite and consumption.
She is partly a bird.

Her mother was not kind in creating her.

So while she'll probably never be buddies with Auratus, the others could probably make pretty decent allies with her if they could put up with the occasional mood swing and they didn't have any friends with feathers.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 25, 2014, 03:34:00 pm »

I'll give it command of a Barker pack at some point and it'll sit on ones head, directing the ruin of my enemies.
I think you might officially be turning into a Disney villain.
Crap.

Auratus - Be Prepared
Pyrite - Poor Unfortunate Souls
Tulwor - I'll Make A Man Out Of You
Ketari - In The Dark Of The Night
Ketemos - God Help The Outcasts?

I guess deep down we're all Disney villains if you try hard enough. Well, heroes in Ketemos' and Tulwor's case. Pyrite's trying!

So while she'll probably never be buddies with Auratus, the others could probably make pretty decent allies with her if they could put up with the occasional mood swing and they didn't have any friends with feathers.
She's pretty much the sole reason Pyrite will probably never make anything winged. Someday somebody's going to contact him going all "I wish I could fly!" and he's going to have to respond with "No, trust me, you do not want ANY of that."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 25, 2014, 09:04:14 pm »

Oh hell. Who would've thought a remorseless goddess of hunger and secrets would ever precipitate something bad?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2014, 01:21:24 am »

Nobody will. Nobody.  :'(

Joke aside, the amount of inherent hate for dragons just got upped a few notches, be it through Wild Red's Flag (expressing rebellion against bellians with draconic symbols), or 2 out of 3 speakers in Ketemos' RP vilefying them. Really gives my interactions a bit of extra spice. Well, or rexxis initial decision to ever let me into that pantheon. Strange times. ;p

Auratus - Be Prepared

Can't deny that the prideful ego, scheming nature and ambitious plans are spot on, albeit I would be a bit loathe to agree on the other parts. I am more likely to crown kings, than to usurp them. Really, such a position is far bellow Auratus status. ;3

But really, that song took me back. Loved that film as a kid....

~

Else, I should be able to get some rp in today. "Should be" as it will be the usual at my place today, and I have to help out with a family matter today. Somehow weekends really are almost busier than workdays in my book. ><

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2014, 01:43:10 am »

Yeah...Auratus seems a bit screwed here :p.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2014, 12:03:20 pm »

Yeah...Auratus seems a bit screwed here :p.

Sure hope I won't screw up "that" one here. Be prepared indeed... ;3

( Yeah, I strongly guess that Weirdsound called such a developement days ago, but I do wonder if somebody else did ; D )

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 26, 2014, 01:18:14 pm »

Muhahahaha.

Apocalypse nom.

I'll have a good amount of time tomorrow and possibly later today, so if anyone wants to talk to Ketari, now-ish is the time before I'm back to the grind.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 26, 2014, 01:32:56 pm »

Yes, feel free to RP with each other, so long as you leave me out of it until I finish what I need to get done turnwise.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 26, 2014, 03:09:27 pm »

How noble! Auratus is going to turn himself into a gargoyle to be kin with them! :P

Muhahahaha.

Apocalypse nom.

I'll have a good amount of time tomorrow and possibly later today, so if anyone wants to talk to Ketari, now-ish is the time before I'm back to the grind.
Only a hedonistic cannibal can stop a remorseless serial killer from eating really important babies.

This pantheon was well-chosen I swear.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33