Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 30004 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (Signups are Closed)
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2014, 09:43:41 am »

Between real world party stuff and his Pixel Game, I suspect Lurker will take longer than the rest of you to finish up, so if it comes down to just him, you can all start RPing with me however you want.

Guilty as charged, albeit I have yet to touch my games. Either way, I am sorry for any inconvinience. I had enough "that guy" 's as co-players to dislike being "him" now.

On another note, I would plan on using my miracle as a boon for Scion. Auratus does not presume that he will get any wonders that he doesn't spend back out of that storage, especially after the moves he is currently pulling at all.

Else, Shots fired... MK 2?  :P
Is it just me, or is it almost funny how Auratus seems to be the only one who does politics right now? I guess I should thank what-ever dice Weirdsound is rolling right now ;3

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2014, 10:16:02 am »

Is it just me, or is it almost funny how Auratus seems to be the only one who does politics right now? I guess I should thank what-ever dice Weirdsound is rolling right now ;3
It is. Almost everyone else is just faffing about with individual mortals right now.

"Jeff, Jeff are you alright? What's that, you're sad? Well that just won't do! Let me use enough divine energy to level a small army in order to get you a girlfriend."

Meanwhile Auratus is meeting with heads of state and arranging political marriages. Hm...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2014, 10:25:34 am »

Yeah.. I'll have to intervene if the dragon's getting too powerful. Maybe some reminders might make the pirates fall back in line.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2014, 01:46:47 pm »

Yeah.. I'll have to intervene if the dragon's getting too powerful. Maybe some reminders might make the pirates fall back in line.
I'd wager a guess, and say that if this trend would continue, most of you would. Then again...;

What is this?
Isle of the Young Gods is a play by post (PbP) God Game, but with a greater emphasis on exploration, divine politics, and warfare, and less of a focus on creation. I am looking for 4-6 players, and will chose players based on quality of backstory and the likelihood of potential conflict between them, as I want some friction between my players.

Well, if anything, we are already starting to fit the bill right there. We are off to a good start, or so it would seem, no? ;3

Meanwhile Auratus is meeting with heads of state and arranging political marriages. Hm...

Truth be told, before we got information about the local nobility, and how they were split, the task sounded far more harmless than it turned out to be. I mainly took it because it was "free", and Auratus is fond enough of the young herald to do it. I mean - bearing a ruby, and vengefull enough to forfeit his life in exchange for ending some enemies? That's some promising spirit right there.

On a more OOC related note, something seems amiss with Micelus / Ketemos actions? As I read it, he has used 2/3 Miracles, and 1/1 Interaction, but plans to use another Interaction to find that Shilo Girl with the half-orc boy. Though I'd wager Weirdsound is already aware of it / told him about it, seeing as he has not taken any action for Ketemos yet.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2014, 02:17:30 pm »

Yeah. I was PMing him.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2014, 08:04:53 pm »

I have added information about the Crucible to the spoiler on the last turn.

Also, I think we are just waiting on Lurker now, so I will start on other RP now. If you would like to do an RP you tried to start earlier, just repost it.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2014, 08:31:33 pm »

I thought that was per turn :/. Will fix.

Edit: ...later. Can't make a very good post with a phone. Deleted post for now
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:38:10 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2014, 08:39:54 pm »

I think the issue is that you've got a Miracle left to use if you want it, but WS wants to finalize everything in the current turn before taking actions for the next one.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2014, 10:33:07 pm »

Hold on, making a quick post.

EDIT: Does putting miracles in the Miracle Bank prevent me from accessing them later?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:37:06 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2014, 12:58:28 am »

EDIT: Does putting miracles in the Miracle Bank prevent me from accessing them later?

I would have read it that way. Only the one who holds the jade throne seems able to do so.

Is it within Auratus power to give Scion back some of his years? Also of interest would be how difficult such an act would be - If Auratus goofs this one up too badly, it would be devestating after all >< ;3

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2014, 01:07:05 am »

If you just want to put years on his life without actually giving him youth back, there shouldn't be any penalty, and you would in fact just get the bonus for acting on a willing actor.

If you are trying to make him young again, I'd have to throw on the penalty for making an Actor. Scion in his prime would have been damn near a one man army.

I would have read it that way. Only the one who holds the jade throne seems able to do so.

^This, but note that the person who has the throne can use as many of the Miracles as they want at once instead of taking their regular turn. Its a great contingency plan to drop a fuckton of Miracles on something terrifying... And the more you donate, the more likely it will be you or somebody you like on the throne dropping them.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2014, 03:36:57 am »

Right, we'll need to make the Arena plan happen too. Granted, Tulwor getting distracted and heading off to have adventures via proxy is only in-character for him.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2014, 11:43:59 am »

Yeah.. since the dread pirate just blew his chances for an up-front boon, I have another question.

We know that travelling is a free action, at least as long it is the two cities or islands. ( At least I think that is how it is currently handled )

What about transportation? For example, all those rubies, or the gold I might plan on conjuring? ;3

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2014, 11:50:21 am »

If Chell's relationship to Tulwor doesn't change to at least 'Friendly' after all this wonderful siblingly bonding, I'll cry.

As a further note, anyone who messes with my sister gets hammer-whacked. Looking at you, Pyrite, you lecherous old man.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2014, 12:20:26 pm »

Yeah.. since the dread pirate just blew his chances for an up-front boon, I have another question.

We know that travelling is a free action, at least as long it is the two cities or islands. ( At least I think that is how it is currently handled )

What about transportation? For example, all those rubies, or the gold I might plan on conjuring? ;3

I think I said somewhere that if you intend to use an action after I post the main turn, it must be in relation to an earlier action, so unless your Miracle is directly related to either of the RPs, you will have to bank it or waste it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33