Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 30008 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (Signups are Closed)
« Reply #75 on: July 09, 2014, 01:50:41 pm »

I'm getting hilariously colonialist vibes off all of us. We don't know anything about the Orcs but we expect to wrap them around our little fingers. It's... perfectly fitting, really. Racist Bellian bastards.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2014, 02:10:06 pm »

As Ketari believes, the strong eat the weak, and she doesn't think of herself as a weakling. You know, if we all banded together, we could crush any of those orc armies with ease. Of course, their own gods would probably intervene then.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2014, 02:24:10 pm »

As Ketari believes, the strong eat the weak, and she doesn't think of herself as a weakling. You know, if we all banded together, we could crush any of those orc armies with ease. Of course, their own gods would probably intervene then.

Well, if we take the bellian army to support us, even two gods should almost assure us of a victory. True enough about their own gods though - that could easily earn us an all-out, or even worse, a godly war between the two factions / races. I am quite interested in how strong the local gods turn out to be, especially as weirdsound mentioned that "some players on the field can level all of you combined"~ or something along these lines.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2014, 02:40:00 pm »

Question: would the arena plan be one of those 'require both a Miracle and an Interaction' creations mentioned in the rules? I figure we need to be there, and thus outside the islands, to make the whole place (spreading the word and luring people in would be another Interaction, I suppose?).
Hrm, good point. In theory there's no particular reason we couldn't shape it from afar, but it does sound a bit more like a highly magical crafting action.

We should probably both spend Miracles to boost the action.
Depends on the success rate, unless we're in a hurry. Since each added Miracle halves the failure rate, it's mathematically better to just chance it with lower odds for most situations.

Of course, we'd probably want to both spend actions to build it together for story reasons anyway.

It occurs to me it would already take up my Interaction to test-and-possibly-buff-up Sarah, unless I can do that remotely (I'm planning a sort of vision quest where she has to make brave, honorable choices to pass, in this case).
I would think you can send visions remotely. Showing up in disguise to test her in person would take it up, though.

Potentially we could put it off until next month, or I could spend this month scouting out/parleying with the Orcs to make sure this'll actually work.

I'm getting hilariously colonialist vibes off all of us. We don't know anything about the Orcs but we expect to wrap them around our little fingers. It's... perfectly fitting, really. Racist Bellian bastards.
To be fair, most of us are talking about Orc slaves or the irrefutable power of "COME AT ME BRO."

Well, if we take the bellian army to support us, even two gods should almost assure us of a victory. True enough about their own gods though - that could easily earn us an all-out, or even worse, a godly war between the two factions / races. I am quite interested in how strong the local gods turn out to be, especially as weirdsound mentioned that "some players on the field can level all of you combined"~ or something along these lines.
Yeah. Nothing escalates a situation like a pack of gods laying waste to all in their path. :P

Of the things we've heard of, I'd guess those chimaera gods for obscene-by-god-standards power levels. We know they've already got 16 other deities as personal limb donors, after all.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2014, 02:45:35 pm »

Question: would the arena plan be one of those 'require both a Miracle and an Interaction' creations mentioned in the rules? I figure we need to be there, and thus outside the islands, to make the whole place (spreading the word and luring people in would be another Interaction, I suppose?).

We should probably both spend Miracles to boost the action.

It occurs to me it would already take up my Interaction to test-and-possibly-buff-up Sarah, unless I can do that remotely (I'm planning a sort of vision quest where she has to make brave, honorable choices to pass, in this case).

I can and will apply a penalty for attempting intricate or delicate miracles from a distance. If you want to build something grand, you might want to put an interaction into it. If you would like to blow a crater into the beach and call it an arena, you should have a fair chance of doing that with a Miracle alone.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2014, 02:55:49 pm »

@Weirdsound: If I head over to the Bellian Army to test and reward Sarah, that's an Interaction-requiring Miracle, right? I'd already thought to use my Interaction to inspire the troops with my awesome presence, so specifically can I do the testing-and-rewarding from afar?

Vision quest with specific scenarios and choices probably is 'delicate or intricate', but not really of great supernatural power. Although the power-up if she succeeds might be.

I suppose I'll just inspire the lot of them later. Damn 1-Interaction limit.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2014, 03:09:28 pm »

Damn 1-Interaction limit.
I've got 2 Interactions and it's still woefully inadequate. Want to talk to eeeeeeeveryoooooooooone.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2014, 09:49:34 am »

I put off actually describing the possible reward yet. It'll be decided based on her choices and/or justifications for them.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2014, 11:06:59 am »

I put off actually describing the possible reward yet. It'll be decided based on her choices and/or justifications for them.

How many Miracles are you using on that dream? If only one, do you plan on spending both your remaining Miracles and the interaction on the potential reward? I understand holding out some actions based on the results of others, but I'd rather write as much of the turn as I can in one go.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2014, 11:09:59 am »

I imagined the dream and reward would be part of the same 'act', actually. I was planning on putting two Miracles into the whole thing, but in this case, yes, one Miracle into dream, two others and Interaction into reward.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2014, 12:25:10 pm »

I imagined the dream and reward would be part of the same 'act', actually. I was planning on putting two Miracles into the whole thing, but in this case, yes, one Miracle into dream, two others and Interaction into reward.

You might want to offer a contingency use for those three actions, to save us time on the off chance you fail to make the dream, or Sarah utterly and completely bombs her test. (I'll roll a d20 for each, higher result equals an action from Sarah that I think your character would find more pleasing)

Aside from that, we are just waiting on actions from Ketari before I can get started on the turn.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2014, 02:45:51 pm »

Question.

I'm going to go to Kiatown, and tell a mouse to watch and report on the corpses to see what mangles them. I'm assuming that's not a miracle, just a part of the boon.
And then Ketari will go the commander, and tell him to give her any captured orcs - he should be glad, as they'll be out of the hands of the scheming groups, and earn him the thanks of a goddess.

So that in total be just an interaction, wouldn't it?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2014, 03:27:18 pm »

Question.

- snip

Well, I'm pretty sure it is more important "what" you do, than just "how much" you do - as even getting too much information from one of the castle's residents could also cost you an interaction.  In your case, that would be to fullfill that prayer, and trying to get free orcs - which could easily turn into a dozen new orcs on a monthly basis (presuming the war goes on as previously). At least from that point of view, I'd say that it rather looks like two interactions.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2014, 03:49:06 pm »

Question.

- snip

Well, I'm pretty sure it is more important "what" you do, than just "how much" you do - as even getting too much information from one of the castle's residents could also cost you an interaction.  In your case, that would be to fullfill that prayer, and trying to get free orcs - which could easily turn into a dozen new orcs on a monthly basis (presuming the war goes on as previously). At least from that point of view, I'd say that it rather looks like two interactions.
It's not hard to call the fort visit an interaction. The corpse stealer hunt is trickier, because Ketari has a boon that lets her spy on one actor a month for free. The real question is whether you can use it on a relatively unknown or designated-by-quality force, like "the strongest pirate captain" or "whatever's been causing these disappearances."

It might also be worth noting that the boon doesn't explicitly state anything about revealing their nature or appearance, just general actions that month; even if it works it could just return "eats corpses, sleeps." Ketari finding out about it doesn't help the undertaker either; it might end up costing an interaction to shoo it out or inform him of what's happening anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2014, 04:02:28 pm »

Question.

I'm going to go to Kiatown, and tell a mouse to watch and report on the corpses to see what mangles them. I'm assuming that's not a miracle, just a part of the boon.
And then Ketari will go the commander, and tell him to give her any captured orcs - he should be glad, as they'll be out of the hands of the scheming groups, and earn him the thanks of a goddess.

If you are using the free action boon, you will have to use some sort of action to let the undertaker know what is up, or deal with the thing yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33