Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29840 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)
« Reply #465 on: October 10, 2014, 05:42:08 pm »

Just a thought that occurred to me. If you flavor your action in a way that consumes a stored resource, you have that resource's value added to your chances of success. (Capped at 95% of course. Always a 5% chance to crit fail anything)

I mentioned in the rules all those months ago, but I think you all skimmed over that, as nobody has taken advantage.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 10, 2014, 05:46:45 pm »

So we could get success chance high enough to be either a success or a critical fail, and no 'ordinary' fail?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 10, 2014, 05:58:41 pm »

I remembered it, but I haven't had any good opportunities that I've noticed. Certainly I'm keeping it in mind for the current spoils and their relative values/power levels.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 10, 2014, 06:17:29 pm »

So we could get success chance high enough to be either a success or a critical fail, and no 'ordinary' fail?

Pretty much.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 10, 2014, 06:41:46 pm »

I really should just bookmark the wiki pages, because I have to go looking for them each time.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 11, 2014, 02:07:07 pm »

Well, truth be told, those numbers besides the items and people might be misleading, but it still stands to reason that those Dread Cones should give a hefty reward. Their existence alone is only 10 points short of a normal miracle, and that if used in a misc way. Not sure if we should treat the numbers that way, but this is what Auratus proposal looks like in points.

His proposal. OOC I am quite unsure if the pines would warrant missing out on all of the artifacts, or possibly getting both mages for pyrite, but I take it that we should be able to "feel" IC that their might is above the other stuff by a fair margin.

Quote from: Distributionary Draconic Document
Auratus' Share:
Red Dragon Armor: +10, Dragon Bone Ship's Wheel: +7, Ruby Trumpet: +7, Golden Staff: +7
Total 31

Tulwor's Share:
-Strange Shark-Tooth Whip: +7
-30 Pounds of Adamantine Wafers: +20
-Jorgen Flaut, Captive Pirate Captain and Warrior: +8
Total 35

Pyrite's Share:
-15 Dread Pine cones: +50
Total 50

Up for discussion between the Gods
-Nell Hound, Captive Pirate Officer and Water Elementalist: +8
-Cephlidquid, Captive Pirate Officer and Shark-kin Sorceress: +12

Up for even distribution, or payment to the Dread Pirates
-50000 Redsport Dubloons: +15
-350 Gallons of Kracken Ink: +20
-250000 Assorted and Poorly Organized Coins and Gems: +30

Up for imprisonment
-Mild Red, Captive Pirate Officer, First Cousin and Wife to Wild Red: +1
-Tilda Thorn, Captive Pirate Captain, Adopted Daughter and Mistress to Wild Red: +4
-Holland Wik, Captive Pirate Captain and High Priest of the Robber Dragon: +5

Fate yet undecided
-Makko Hogshead, Captive Pirate Captain: +4
-Ogov Flave, Captive Pirate Officer and fleet tactician: +3

Up for public cooking & subsequent devourment
-Corpse of Wild Red: +1
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 02:46:46 pm by escaped lurker »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 11, 2014, 04:09:48 pm »

You should probably feed Wild Red to Wild Red's wife. Y'know. Just because.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 11, 2014, 04:32:02 pm »

We gods are actually all bastards, aren't we?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 11, 2014, 04:45:18 pm »

The first discussions of what to do with the Orcs were so terrifyingly real-world colonialist I still chuckle at it ('let's enslave them... for their own good!'). We've always been a little... uhh, representative of a different scale of morality than petty mortals. That's our divine right.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 11, 2014, 06:00:52 pm »

To be fair I'm not sure there's anything on the island or off it that doesn't seem to be some manner of bastard.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 11, 2014, 08:02:31 pm »

Could you update the wiki page? I'mm curious how powerful Super Barker Sarrani actually is.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 11, 2014, 08:34:30 pm »

I tend to update Wiki pages after all actions and RP are resolved for the turn. That way if something comes up in the post turn, I don't have to do it twice.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 12, 2014, 01:40:02 pm »

We gods are actually all bastards, aren't we?

Huh... wait-a-minute.

Auratus is a wrathful narcissist with a self-righteous nature? Check!
Pyrite is a lascivious sociopath with a thing for torture? Check!
Ketari is a mad xenophobic with an extreme thing for torture? Check!
Tulwor is a bloodthirsty, deep-down uncaring thrill-seeker. Eh... close enough. Check!
Ketemos... well, Ketemos is actually a swell dude. But, sure enough, he is indeed a bastard in the original sense of the word! Ch~eck!

Bastard-Streak, completed!

Eh, well... actually still not that sure about Tulwor. He seems prone to switching between deep regret once confronted with the result of his actions, and complete disregard in the heat of the moment. Guess part-time-bastard will be close enough this time around.

You should probably feed Wild Red to Wild Red's wife. Y'know. Just because.

Actually, if it were the other way around, with Pyrite transforming Wild Red into a self-aware creature, which is not in self-controll, letting him tear apart his multiple wives and loyalists? Sure thing. That's what gods like him do in their spare time.

But with Wild Red dead, Pyrite, but especially Auratus, seem both witful and sensationalist enough to not let this chance of positive public exposure go to waste. Actually, it just might be Auratus, and Pyrite not being mindfull in taking such measures. Now, forcing her to eat her own husband in a public setting... I think we might be on to something there...

Though honestly speaking, I guess we rather keep to "gory" violence, as narrations of "real" torture could easily land us in confrontation with the forum rules. At least I would remember that Kittensnot had to tone it down in his patient zero game.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 12, 2014, 02:02:57 pm »

Tulwor tries to do this 'duty' thing Dad was talking about, but at times he gets too excited with the fighting, or events such as attacking his sister. He'd be fine with just defeating the dragon fairly and letting it live if it wasn't personal (plus, it's been a bad day - or few months). I'll point you to the 'impulsive' and 'temperamental' descriptions in his bio.

I think 'deep-down uncaring' is very accurate, though. He's totally fine getting chummy with not-so-nice Dread Pirates, here, and barely noted Wild Red's soul-grabbing. Everyday atrocities just don't register, until, as you noted, he's forced to confront them. Dude already completely forgot about Sarah's kid dying on his watch, too. So yes, kinda a bastard.

Today in Isle of the Young Gods; psycho-analyzing every aspect of these characters! Tune in next time for 'everybody must have horrible mommy issues, part VI'.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 13, 2014, 04:00:01 am »

Gone for a week and all this stuff happens; really need to start paying more attention to this...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33