Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29934 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (Signups are Closed)
« Reply #225 on: July 29, 2014, 03:45:57 pm »

I might be able to get posts in  on my lunch break, so i might be able to speed things up slightly.

But this game is fun. Writing a vaguely insane half-cannibal bird-eater is enjoyable, though I am aiming for to try to make it fun for other players. Don't want to be that guy.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 29, 2014, 04:48:22 pm »

Oh man, it's all coming together now. Harpies keep the Chimaera at bay. Ketari steals a bird-goddess' eggs. Bird-Goddess smites own followers for their blithering incompetence in allowing that to happen. Siege breaks, Chimaera free to resume harvesting Orcish deities. Orcs screwed.

Also, once micelus is done, I will roll to see which of the NPCs his meeting has drawn is sticking around for awhile.
Now this should be interesting.

Also at some point somebody should give up and just make a resort/hotel thing in one of Newbellum's rooms. Maybe modify Ketemos' gate system to let in anyone who feels like it. :P

I might be able to get posts in  on my lunch break, so i might be able to speed things up slightly.

But this game is fun. Writing a vaguely insane half-cannibal bird-eater is enjoyable, though I am aiming for to try to make it fun for other players. Don't want to be that guy.
Ketari's definitely one of the fun deities. And what the hell, I needed an excuse to go visit the Orcs anyway. :P

EDIT: Or that. That would be bad.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:29:09 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 29, 2014, 10:03:20 pm »

I've either terrified the guy or he's gonna kill me. Or pay a few people to kill me. Or maybe just turn public opinion against me :L. Ketemos be a sucker a for helping the underdog.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 29, 2014, 10:33:48 pm »

Also that escalated quickly. Go to a meeting of intellectuals, hear people speak, find out god interested in your artist, chime in about how good she is, receive dire warnings of holy wrath should you fail to reform, god melts back into the crowd.

Uh...
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 29, 2014, 11:52:22 pm »

Eh, best to scare em' straight.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 29, 2014, 11:53:32 pm »

Eh, best to scare em' straight.
There's nothing wrong with a little homosexuality between Gods.

Zeus knew that. He was cool with it.

:P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 30, 2014, 12:17:09 am »

Anyway, old post updated with new artifacts, resources, and a prayer.

Also General Tobin Nightcharm, Mikkia the poet, and Panther Lionpaw, a lesser member of the Nexus delegation who claims scholarship of local flora and fauna as his intellectual background, all have the stones to stick around Newbellum castle after the meeting.

I'd say we are quickly starting to wind down the turn stuff, and can begin with other RP involving NPCs now. Do note, that if I'm wrong, RP from the turn takes more than another post or two per player, those RPs still take priority in case of time conflict.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 30, 2014, 12:32:17 am »

Hmm. I think we need to bury this egg somewhere.

Somewhere deep.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2014, 04:18:24 pm »

Alright. So I noticed many people have requested to be on the waitlist, even though I don't recall saying there would be one. Waitlist implies that people are waiting in some order to be let into the game, and if I simply let more players in, it will be based on how their sheet and back-story meshes with present game circumstances.

Therefore, I am introducing the Participation Pool. Not only does the participation pool serve as an index of pre-made sheets belonging to players interested in joining, but it also allows these players to each adopt an NPC. Players are allowed to control their Adopted NPCs should they end up RPing with the gods, will get a single action per turn should their NPC become an actor, and will get to join the game should their adopted NPC be elevated to godhood (and I suspect that this group of PCs might be more interested in making/elevating their own gods than begging Rexxis to send them another one should anybody die).

Participation Pool Application:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NPCs Banned From Being Adopted:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Neat!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Time for some radical personality changes, I would bet.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Anyway, I've posted some basic rules and mechanics for adopted NPCs, (PPPCs Perhaps?), in the previously reserved post at the beginning of this thread.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Irony, could Tulwor have come along to the General? The timelines are getting fuzzy, but still. He'd like this man, and what you're discussing is relevant as we're the ones trying to deal with the Orcish Problem. Or maybe arrive now to them, rather.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Sounds good to me.

QUICKEDIT: In fact, it'd be convenient if the Tulwor-Pyrite conversation takes place during or after the Pyrite-Nightcharm one, since that's where I'm getting a new plan from.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Instead of a specific person, would it be possible for my targeted Whispers Of The Little Bird to be more general - like how the Harpy siege is going?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33