Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (If you want on Waitlist, Please Check!)  (Read 29952 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of the Young Gods: OOC Thread (Signups are Closed)
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2014, 07:42:47 am »

It is not total overkill though. I'm going to have to slap some penalty for making an artifact strong enough to turn a mortal into an actor onto that ship building of yours. It wont be as high as the penalty for directly creating an actor though.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2014, 07:49:55 am »

Turn a mortal into an actor? That wasn't really the intention. It's the ship that's special; that's why Tulwor will grant it to a more worthy person if the current owner fails to use it for its intended purpose. But I guess if the game mechanics require it, sure, why not. I'll use just the last Miracle to train Chell at the Castle, then.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2014, 11:11:18 am »

Well then, I hope such "forked" actions are allowed, at least as long as the fork is as quickly deduceable as it would be in this case. If not, I will change it accordingly.

EDIT: Also have I mentioned how much I like having two Interactions? You poor, poor one-Int bastards.

Let me me rebuke the bastard part, and put forth my approval for the rest of the words you have said instead.  :P
 If miracles were not so very versatile, I just might get a 3rd Interaction instead. Well, first I'd obviously have to get those prayer-points, but still.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2014, 02:16:56 pm »

Unless I missed something, I think we are waiting on micelus and GiglameshDespair

Edit: And yes Lurker, branching actions are fine.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2014, 03:26:33 pm »

...wait, it is[/i[] the second month?

Also, busy, busy, you've heard me by now.
I'll post when I can.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2014, 10:11:56 pm »

Sorry guys didn't know I had any miracles/interactions left  :P. Will get working on actions now.

EDIT: Done.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 11:09:24 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 23, 2014, 11:32:01 am »

Anyway, finally updated the character sheets, and also tweaked a few boons like I said I would ages ago. Let me know if I forgot to put your prayer energy down.

The only big change was to one of Ketari's boons, one of which got renamed and significantly changed. Smaller changes to clarify or set reasonable limits. I don't think any of the changes apply to any posted actions, so please no changeing your actions based on this, I'm about to start writing the turn. (I wont post, of course, until GiglameshDespair gets a turn up)

Auratus:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ketari

Tulwor:

Ketemos:

Pyrite

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 23, 2014, 07:36:54 pm »

Where our CAW CAW at? :<
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2014, 09:02:39 pm »

Again a reminder, please don't try to RP with other NPCs until everybody wraps up the RPs brought about by this turn.

Also, I split up Ketari's action into two; One to create the forest which can create Barkers, and one to create Barkers. The latter had only a 20% chance of suceeding, but luck was clearly with the players this turn. Don't think outputting actors directly from nothing is that easy. :)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2014, 04:23:05 am »

I feel like I should probably go ask Corusu what he thinks about naming the ship Corusu's Wing. Tulwor can't fathom why Chell would choose such a name, so he probably expects Corusu to be pleased.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2014, 05:36:07 am »

Which begs the obvious question of whether anyone but Auratus would be able to tell if he's displeased (at that).

'Corusu! I've-'
"WRETCHED ROTTEN FISH"
'-named a-'
"I WILL FLAY YOUR HIDE"
'-ship after you! It's-'
"FOR A TAPESTRY THEN"
'-called the Corusu's Wing-'
"SCOOP OUT YOUR ENTRAILS"
'-since Chell said-'
"ESPECIALLY SLOWLY"
'-it'd have to brave-'
"AND USE THEM AS MACARONI"
'-your storm!'
"TO DEPICT ME SMASHING YOUR STUPID BOAT"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2014, 05:44:56 am »

I wonder if you could learn, err, verbal combat skills from listening to Corusu's curses. No army can stand when confronted with the Foulmouthed God.

Weirdsound, I think you put one of the new prayers (with the nasty dream of the dock worker) under Tulwor by accident.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2014, 07:09:00 am »

Oops. That happened because it went in the same slot as Sarah's prayer which it replaced. I'll fix it.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2014, 08:57:03 am »

Again a reminder, please don't try to RP with other NPCs until everybody wraps up the RPs brought about by this turn.

Also, I split up Ketari's action into two; One to create the forest which can create Barkers, and one to create Barkers. The latter had only a 20% chance of suceeding, but luck was clearly with the players this turn. Don't think outputting actors directly from nothing is that easy. :)

Yeah, I meant it to be as two miracles - the first to create the forest, and then to create the barkers.

How lucky for me, though I do find it amusing my pack of murder-tree dog-bats and only twice as strong as he particularly intelligent mouse I created.

I'll do a post shortly to finish off the interaction. Yup, it's hunting. I'm assuming Kiatown has a hunting lodge?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2014, 09:31:52 am »

Surprise inner tubing river adventure! Yay New Hampshire Vacation! Wont be posting until this evening at the earliest.

Also, let me be the first to say that powerlevels are bullshit, but also mechanically necessary. When dividing my time and energy, I'll put the effort into having a good story over mechanics that make sense every time.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33