Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1031445 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K discussion thread: TTS is dead: so long, and thanks for all the bolters.
« Reply #12060 on: December 12, 2021, 08:23:19 am »

So you think you can dance?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: WH40K discussion thread: TTS is dead: so long, and thanks for all the bolters.
« Reply #12061 on: December 12, 2021, 09:18:17 am »

BROTHERS

DANCE WITH ME

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: December 12, 2021, 10:25:19 am »

The codex Arabesque demands you challenge the Tyranid Lord to a solo dance off my lord.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12063 on: December 12, 2021, 06:16:01 pm »

So I'm still contemplating the Curse of Solomon, and have a few more ideas for what it could be.

So obvious candidates out of the way, a lictor, a mandrake, a daemon or a chaos champion, or the Beast, the foul xenos statted up as an example for the curse in the DH sourcebook.

Ideas I have: A mass haunting event, affecting much of the planet. Those who have died in darkness, in fear, in loneliness and so on aren't gone. They remain as an embodiment of the misery of the dying Hive World. Manifesting in the dark, as thick foul smelling liquid that drips from pipes, oozes from grates or bleeds from walls, which coalesces drop by drop into the undead visages of prior victims. These manifestations gather around their prey in great numbers, dragging them into the deepest dark, squeezing them into pipes too small for the human body, passing them through vents and grates, or pulling them body and soul into the walls and floor with the sound of cracking bone and bursting soft tissues. The curse cannot be removed from the world, though it can be defended against to a limited extent, with light, hope and courage.

An assassin. An agent of death and murder, adherent of a censured Death Cult native to Solomon which has largely been neutralised. Augmented and equipped to pass unseen in the dark, travel through tight spaces, and driven by the belief that Solomon can only be saved by the blood sacrifice of it's people to the Emperor. Bionic joints allow their limbs to contort, twist, compress and rotate, a bodyglove renders them into a sleek black shadow invisible to most scans, and implanted weaponry enables them to flense, pulp, break and shatter their victims into little more than slurry contained in a sack of their own flayed skin. .

A xenos predator placed there by the Beast House, implanted with bionics that record it's killings, driven by instinct to prowl in the dark and prey on the weak. Recordings of it's hunts are sold by the Beast House, or shared with their blood hungry patrons. I imagine a creature akin to a feline serpent, like a leopard stretched out, hunting people and taking their corpses to the high places of the lower hives to feed on them in secret.

An architectural murder machine. In the early days of Solomon it was found to be the site of a Dark Age facility, one that could not be moved nor dissasembled. The facility was built to process human remains into resources, creating a more palatable and nutritious version of corpse starch, as well as other resources. The Imperium was delighted to have such an asset, but as is often the case it was eventually lost. Forgotten in the deep dark pits of the world. But the facility hungers, it needs to produce corpse starch, to feed the swollen populace of Solomon. Programming in the ancient cogitator banks that rule the facility dictate that it must feed, so it may nurse mankind on it's own recycled remains. But Solomon's population is vast, so very vast, and the Imperium no longer feeds corpses to the facility, it must hunt and so it finds the wretched, the lost, the dead and the dying. Mysterious techology abducts the living as readily as the dead, feeding them into the hoppers of a vast abattoir, a network of machines that break down and reconstitute organic feedstock into resources, which are then dispensed through a network of dispensers, doling out a ration of food, fuel and crude textiles to the populace. An unsustainable cycle, drawing out the agonising end of the world.

Monstrous hope. Superstition, paranoia and desperation have driven elements of the impoverished masses of Solomon offer sacrifices to the Beast, but those sacrifices do nothing. People die, they dissapear, they dwell in pain and misery and their desperate attempts to assauge their suffering did nothing. Then someone, or several someone's decided to try and make people think it worked. If your prospective sacrifice to the darkness is found having died of dehydration still shackled to a pipe, then your sacrifice meant nothing. If the person is gone, lost to the dark and the unnamed horrors in it, it at least gives the hope that it might have meant something. So all across Solomon there are those who have looked into the eyes of their frightened children, held their lovers as they weeped for a futile sacrifice, and come to the conclusion that if there is  no beast, then someone must take up that role to ease the burdened minds of those who cannot face the horror that is Solomon.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 06:32:08 pm by Grim Portent »
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: December 12, 2021, 06:46:48 pm »

So I'm still contemplating the Curse of Solomon, and have a few more ideas for what it could be.

So obvious candidates out of the way, a lictor, a mandrake, a daemon or a chaos champion, or the Beast, the foul xenos statted up as an example for the curse in the DH sourcebook.

Ork Kommando
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12065 on: December 13, 2021, 09:59:39 am »

The corpse starch factory imo sounds like an amazing conspiracy to uncover. It's always fun when you're going up against an environment

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: January 03, 2022, 08:09:46 pm »

Just had my first GW mini with a casting error. Well, unless we count early finecast.

I got Krondys, Son of Dracothion/Karazai the Scarred, a big dragon model for AoS's Stormcast faction, for christmas, and as it turns out it has a casting error in one of it's arms. A pretty noticeable hole facing forwards on the model's upper arm where it meets the chest.

I've checked through the instructions and the sprues, nothing seems to go there and it's not on the pictures used in the building instructions, so it appears to be a miscast. I did some googling and apparently the UK batch had this problem, so I imagine GW is well aware of it by now.

Emailed them about it, and given their usual response to this sort of thing is to send out another model I might wind up with two big dragons.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: January 03, 2022, 09:09:18 pm »

Quick: Put it back in box and bury it in your backyard!
You'll be RICH in 20+ years!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: January 03, 2022, 09:17:32 pm »

man, my not-GW minis only miss pieces from the box :/

also, the pewter BT minis just don't have instructions, my only reference is the one picture per model on the site, plus whatever old artwork illustrations are on the wiki.  Some are a solid chunk of metal, while others are like 10 pieces, some of which are optional, usually a gun barrel swap.  A couple I honestly have to some fabrication to make work, and I really should invest in a pin vice or something.  Super glue really doesn't like ball and socket style joints.

The company that does those pewter minis was at least nice enough to send me the specific bit I was missing, no charge.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12069 on: January 04, 2022, 12:33:26 pm »

Finished a squad of Crusaders the other day.

Spoiler: 1/2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 2/2 (click to show/hide)

Lovely models to paint, though I really need to go back and add a tilting plate to the Sword Brother. I could have mixed some bolters into the squad, but honestly why do that when chainswords are available?

So the basic idea of the Crusader squads is that the Black Templars don't have scouts* the way most chapters do, instead their neophytes are assigned to a fully fledged space marine in order to learn directly from them and accompany them in battle. All battle brothers are required to take up a student, with an exception granted to Chaplains, Apothecaries, Techmarines, Sword Brethren and to brothers assigned to heavy/special weapons units or close combat squads(assault marines and bikers).

*Scouts being a full squad of trainee marines being given field experience in a stealth role while supervised by a fully fledged space marine sergeant.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12070 on: February 04, 2022, 02:27:42 pm »

Weakest character that could keep the characters of MASH alive in Warhammer 40k?

They're deployed on Armeggadon. (read: combat with every faction)
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

Inherited these really old models from a friend who's moving away.  Hellbrute Chaos Dreadnought with a power scourge and I think a reaper autocannon, a forgeworld space wolf venerable dreadnought with a twin lascannon and missile launcher, plus a simply adorable "beaky" space marine.  I can't quite put a date/edition on any of it.

The chaos dready is a hefty mound of pewter, probably leaded so I shouldn't lick it.  I plan on painting it emperor children's pink.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't seen one of those old table crushing pewter dreads in forever. I opted for converting loyalist ones back before helbrutes became a thing rather than deal with that much pewter.

Had a pewter hive tyrant when I first started and it genuinely turned me off of large pewter minis, they want to fall apart under the strain of their own weight constantly.

I've got a few minis I haven't gotten around to posting here, but here's one I finished today.

One of the new Chaos Knights, painted in the colours of House Korvax.

House Korvax is a group of knights from House Raven who got corrupted by Be'lakor, pledging themselves and their world to his service while leaving the bulk of their household, who were away at the time, as a house with no homebase on a crusade against their traitorous brethren. Their homeworld, now called Korvosi is the capital of Be'lakors own dark kingdom, and the gathering point for his daemons and chaos marines followers.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Inherited these really old models from a friend who's moving away.  Hellbrute Chaos Dreadnought with a power scourge and I think a reaper autocannon, a forgeworld space wolf venerable dreadnought with a twin lascannon and missile launcher, plus a simply adorable "beaky" space marine.  I can't quite put a date/edition on any of it.

The chaos dready is a hefty mound of pewter, probably leaded so I shouldn't lick it.  I plan on painting it emperor children's pink.

Cool! Be sure to show off here when it's done!

I haven't seen one of those old table crushing pewter dreads in forever. I opted for converting loyalist ones back before helbrutes became a thing rather than deal with that much pewter.

Had a pewter hive tyrant when I first started and it genuinely turned me off of large pewter minis, they want to fall apart under the strain of their own weight constantly.

I've got a few minis I haven't gotten around to posting here, but here's one I finished today.

One of the new Chaos Knights, painted in the colours of House Korvax.

House Korvax is a group of knights from House Raven who got corrupted by Be'lakor, pledging themselves and their world to his service while leaving the bulk of their household, who were away at the time, as a house with no homebase on a crusade against their traitorous brethren. Their homeworld, now called Korvosi is the capital of Be'lakors own dark kingdom, and the gathering point for his daemons and chaos marines followers.

Yeah like this! Man I didn't even notice the little vulture at first, that's adorable.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

The front skull makes me think of Cubone. Poor demon puppy! Don't be sad!
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 824