Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1032260 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11115 on: February 20, 2019, 10:13:08 pm »

You misspelled, "rape, torture and eventually kill, hopefully in that order".
That is tied for worst possible order those things could happen in.  In the 40k universe what happens to my soulless meat husk after I die is very low on the list of concerns.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: full_output_name.replace("waaagh","WAAAGH")
« Reply #11116 on: February 20, 2019, 10:18:52 pm »

I remember I had a game once where the local guard player at my FLGS decided to have a chuckle at me and ran 4 punishers and a storm lord. I killed the storm lord and 1 punished, but damn, that game made me gain some respect for those things
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11117 on: February 20, 2019, 10:21:25 pm »

And hey, just because I’m a horse army doesn’t mean I’m biased with templates.

You can't fool me, nobody played IG Rough Riders.

I doubt they're even in the 8th ed codex at this point.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11118 on: February 20, 2019, 10:35:05 pm »

They’re in the index, so they can technically be run in 8th. Not bad either- just more converting than i have the cash or time for.

Is “survive the crash” roll for all passengers or roll per squad?

Also I like that with Porkins and Portent we’ve now rounded out the “game playing” and “figure painting” segment of the 40k fandom. This place was all lore for a bit there.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:38:39 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11119 on: February 20, 2019, 10:41:17 pm »

You mean that 40K has something other than lore to it?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11120 on: February 21, 2019, 01:37:24 am »

I can't paint and the game's far too expensive anyway, so lore it is.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11121 on: February 21, 2019, 07:10:41 am »

They’re in the index, so they can technically be run in 8th. Not bad either- just more converting than i have the cash or time for.

Is “survive the crash” roll for all passengers or roll per squad?

Also I like that with Porkins and Portent we’ve now rounded out the “game playing” and “figure painting” segment of the 40k fandom. This place was all lore for a bit there.

In 8th, if your in a vehicle, you roll a d6 for each individual model. For each roll of one a model is slain. Fortunately, this rule says “slain” and not “loses all its wounds”, which means Yarrick can survive a Power Klaw Suppository but not a car crash if he rolls a 1
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11122 on: February 21, 2019, 10:13:24 am »

Yes, but usually the “a model” bit means you get to pick and choose.
I know it means you can choose infantrymen over sergeants/special weaps, but I don’t know if you can choose infantrymen over say.. Yarrick.

Unless he literally had two men in a tank and rolled snake eyes.

Also that’s super interesting. Turns out Yarrick also can’t handle a variety of mining power tools.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 10:15:46 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11123 on: February 21, 2019, 11:05:20 am »

Nope. Each dice corresponds to each individual model. And since there were 5 Lord Commisars and Yarrick in the tank (Did I mention this was a bit of a meme build? Because it was), you had to roll a dice for each unit. Yarrick and another guy turned up dead.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #11124 on: February 21, 2019, 02:38:46 pm »

A whole army of commisars all jammed into chimeras and backed by commisar tanks
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11125 on: February 21, 2019, 02:46:32 pm »

A whole army of commisars all jammed into chimeras and backed by commisar tanks

We were joking that at the end of the mission, the commisars would be the only ones alive, standing in a circle around the relic, and would promptly shoot each other for being cowards

Also, Tack, I thank you for labeling me as one of this theads official “idiot who spends way too much money on the game.”
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:48:53 pm by LordPorkins »
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11126 on: February 22, 2019, 07:56:34 am »

In 8th, if your in a vehicle, you roll a d6 for each individual model. For each roll of one a model is slain. Fortunately, this rule says “slain” and not “loses all its wounds”, which means Yarrick can survive a Power Klaw Suppository but not a car crash if he rolls a 1
In the grim darkness of the far future, there are no seatbelts
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11127 on: February 22, 2019, 10:02:36 am »

In the grim darkness of the far future, there are no seatbelts
Makes even less sense for space marines, whose job description involves surviving being interred in a giant bullet and fired at the enemy

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11128 on: February 22, 2019, 10:04:06 am »

I believe the roll is less for “Did it crash and burn?” Then it is for “Did a bullet hit the gas tank/plasma reactor/ Ork Warp Engine Thingy
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11129 on: February 22, 2019, 05:07:55 pm »

For those who don’t know, in the most recent release the Orks have taken the Shokk Attakk gun, known for teleporting grots either at, on, or into people’s faces, and thrown it into a car, which is now the Shokkjumpa.

It is equally cool in model, rules and lore.
Pages: 1 ... 740 741 [742] 743 744 ... 824