Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1032657 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K general discussion thread: A comparative biology of Beastmen.
« Reply #10215 on: March 07, 2018, 11:47:24 pm »

Now I want a story about a marine who ate way too many Ork brains by necessity and ends up preferring their lifestyle.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10216 on: March 08, 2018, 01:17:52 am »

Diggaboss
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10217 on: March 11, 2018, 11:39:09 am »

In my vision of an Utopia I retain my balls. Also Utopia kinda becomes an Dystopia when you realize you are a low-level pawn of a species which future revolves around your demise, so they can have more "lebensraum" for themselves, they just let you die off a natural death because they don't really want to spare resources to kill you faster, and that the species itself is literally mind-controlled by a few weird beings for reasons unknown. But hey, you can retain your faith in God Emperor so you can spit on everything he did even more by still praying to him while killing other humans because xenos tell you to.
Utopia does not require testicles or survival of all species. If the Tau created an Empire which was implacably stable, incorruptible and defensible, it would be a utopia - perhaps not for the neutered humans and kroot barbecues, but for the Tau and supportive auxiliaries, certainly.

The in universe explanation is probably something to do with learning passcodes and how to operate machinery as well as some tactical/strategic information. It's quicker to eat a guy's brain and learn the way to open a door or shut off a defense system than it is to hack it or blow it up.

From a meta-perspective who knows. The Astartes were originally gangs of marauding thugs who grew organs in slaves and served as a form of militarised police a lot of the time. Not sure if the unique organs were all from Rogue Trader days or not, but it wouldn't surprise me.
It was also probably more relevant back when they were still at legion strength and conquering/collecting information upon an unknown galaxy

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10218 on: March 11, 2018, 01:47:32 pm »

Seen the series 3%?
Spoiler: twist ending (click to show/hide)
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10219 on: March 11, 2018, 04:32:19 pm »

In the grim darkness of the future, this whole mess with the 'disappearing y chromosome' is left as an unexplored plot device.

I mean, a story about no men because of genetics, or them using xenos bits to compensate should work, right?

Something something Amazonia V something something Tau willy something something assface.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10220 on: March 15, 2018, 07:31:09 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Goatbird space wizard.

Swapped out his head and the top of his staff to make him less glitzy than normal. I think it makes him look a lot more savage and primal.

Actually originally planned to keep his head and just change the horns, but I mangled the connections on the armour/horns that slot into the original jaw and wound up just chopping his whole head off and fixing on a new one with some greenstuff. Not the neatest job, but it's hidden from all the important angles.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10221 on: March 17, 2018, 03:28:15 am »

Hey, guys, I run a generic wargaming Discord here: https://discord.gg/T5sNNyu

We've got a big variety of wargamers.

Goatbird space wizard.

Swapped out his head and the top of his staff to make him less glitzy than normal. I think it makes him look a lot more savage and primal.

Actually originally planned to keep his head and just change the horns, but I mangled the connections on the armour/horns that slot into the original jaw and wound up just chopping his whole head off and fixing on a new one with some greenstuff. Not the neatest job, but it's hidden from all the important angles.

That looks really good. I like the tattoos.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10222 on: March 22, 2018, 05:35:59 pm »

So, apparently plastic sisters are gonna be a thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smqK5cHSxMA
Expected release date: "Emperor willing, 2019".

In unrelated news, the Warp froze over, pigs can in fact fly and we have another clock that fell off the wall.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10223 on: March 22, 2018, 05:45:31 pm »

Indeed, it is the great meme extinction of 2018.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10224 on: March 22, 2018, 05:48:57 pm »

Plastic sisters is grand news!  Nuns-faction have been poorly supported for a while.

As for Necromunda hero-we-deserve...
git fuckn hype omg
Like, that was early Feb.  But if they're going through with it...
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10225 on: March 25, 2018, 05:32:26 am »

Mechanicus gameplay

Only skimmed it a bit, doesn't look too shabby, tho I dislike the way they made gauss weaponry ths time around, the Relic version was way cooler.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10226 on: March 25, 2018, 05:10:49 pm »

Also skimmed it. Um... not bad I suppose. I AM a fan of Banner Saga-esque turn based combat, but also, seems a little meh in this situation. Looks better than a lot of recent IP though so I'm happy things are headed in the right direction. Let's pray that the Emperor guides GWS into a glorious future.

Not feeling too good about the art style... I don't mind that they (and the IP in general) are going for a more cartoony look, but it's really sucking the grimdarkness out of it rather than making it feel like a pulpy comic book.

Didn't listen to too much of the developer interview, but also mixed reactions to some of their comments.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10227 on: March 26, 2018, 01:38:40 am »

Yeah i’d have gone for heavy shading and 90’s inklines.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10228 on: March 26, 2018, 06:17:36 am »

Honestly I don't see it as cartoony. The disaster DoW 3, that was straight out of the loonie toons tho.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10229 on: March 26, 2018, 12:24:04 pm »

Honestly I don't see it as cartoony. The disaster DoW 3, that was straight out of the loonie toons tho.

Ya, it's not as bad as THAT, but it doesn't capture that gothic feel methinks.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 680 681 [682] 683 684 ... 824