Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1030468 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: WH40K thread: The worst game ever (no one reads titles)
« Reply #7830 on: December 15, 2016, 08:56:59 am »

The Warp is a native land for Humans... they just don't know it.
The Warp has kind of been... Corrupted so to speak but a better way to put it is the Warp is the spirit realm.
You know, where Yu-Gi gets threatened with all the time.
I burst out laughing at children's trading card games in 40k, thanks a lot for the mental image

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

HOW IS KITTEN EVAH GOING TO WIN NOOOOOOW????

"The light reflecting off my glistening skin is BLINDING MEEEE!"
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you collectively call the head subordinates (astropath, navigator, seneschal, etc.) of a rogue trader? His officers?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I'd personally go with "entourage". A Rouge Trader group are a rather eclectic mix of powerful people afflicted with PC syndrome. Aside from the arch-militant, there's almost no reason for any of them to personally adventure with the RT other than thrill-seeking.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile

...Entourage is an accurate word for it, but I'd say that generally a Rogue Trader would wish to have a veneer of, well, officiality. I'd say Entourage OOC, and Officers when you're trying to impress governors or whatever. :P

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks. Entourage really is the right word.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

...Entourage is an accurate word for it, but I'd say that generally a Rogue Trader would wish to have a veneer of, well, officiality. I'd say Entourage OOC, and Officers when you're trying to impress governors or whatever. :P
There is no officiality for being a borderline-heretical weirdo who insists on bringing his pet witches, his priest, his butler, his bodyguard and his machine cult wrangler to spire dinner parties and acting like he's the put-upon one when Throne-fearing Imperial citizens object to sharing a room with such filth. And that's if the Rogue Trader doesn't have any xenos mercenaries or customized twists in the entourage.

I can only even imagine what the bridge officers, holding actual naval rank, would think of having their titles appropriated for the captain's cavalcade of freaks.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

The only individuals who fear the Golden Throne are heretics and mutants.

Xenos have no souls to be eternally damned and so have no fear of the God-Emperor, only His servants, as they have no true understanding of Him on Terra.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Latent psychers have good reason to be afraid, especially specifically of the Golden Throne.  But I suppose they count as "mutants" :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Thanks. Entourage really is the right word.

Crew and officers would also be acceptable substitutes. Entourage sounds appropriate when they're out and about off their own ship. Crew & Officers might be more appropriate when they're aboard the ship.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile

Dawn of War 3: Ork Faction Reveal

Small new DOW3 trailer, for orks.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile

Finale wez cen get sum good krumpin' dun now boyz!
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Dawn of War 3: Ork Faction Reveal

Small new DOW3 trailer, for orks.
The Warboss with the giant power fist is Gorgutz, by the way.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 824