Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1026855 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

pretty sure the audiobooks said

skit R E

but then again they say monkei. mon-Kee. and not mon-kii
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Yeah, calling humans "a fake word that happens to sound exactly like monkey" is a bit on the nose.  I think Dawn of War uses mon-kigh (eye but starts with a k) which, like the Eldar, is technically subtle but not nearly as subtle as they think.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

monkee offended me.

monkigh is much nicer
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile

monkey is just straight-up silly, similar with gorilla. If the sum of all human bigotry that is the Imperium can resist the urge to call Eldar fairies or lemmings or call the Tau desus or whatever, they should be able to do the same.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Space Communist Xeno Weaboos (Blueberries), Space Egoist Xeno Weaboos (Elfdar), Space Fetishist Xeno Weaboos (Rapedar).
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

Space Communist Xeno Weaboos (Blueberries), Space Egoist Xeno Weaboos (Elfdar), Space Fetishist Xeno Weaboos (Rapedar).

A fairly accurate summation of those factions.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Monkeigh is just insulting, we're clearly Preighmeights

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Before Rome 2, I would've pronounced them Skit-AR-ee-AI. Now I pronounce them Skit-AR-EE-EE.

For singular, skitarius is the correct word. Obviously.

For monkeigh, I use the TTS pronunciation of mon-kai.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 08:45:24 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile

The proper pronunciation of filthy xenos words is the sound of plasma being projected in their faces.

Edit: You win this time Loud, you win this time...  >:(
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 09:55:24 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

The proper pronunciation of filthy xenos words is the sound of plasma being protected in their faces.
40k is so grimdark no one protects their precious plasma anymore, thus the only universally accepted sign of nonaggression is the sound of plasma being protected

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

So, whos looking forward to Doomrider coming back?

COCAAAAAAIIINNEEE
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

I found these two glorious quotes and decided that they had to be shared (they are from the sufficient velocity forums if you are wondering):

The imperium is a man hanging on a ledge with one hand. He could use the other hand to pull up, or at least hold on a while longer, but he is too busy giving the middle finger to everyone else.

and the other one:

It's Christmas Morning. There is a stocking tacked to the mantle of your fireplace. Inside the stocking is a poisonous viper.

You know this because you are 400 years old, and every time you've gotten a stocking, there has been a poisonous viper inside.

Sometimes the viper bites you and you barely survive.

Sometimes you smash the stocking on the ground without opening it, only to hear the tinkling of breaking glass, and when you opened it, a viper shot out from the shards of the glass figurines you asked for.

Sometimes you got your brother to open it, and the viper bit him instead.

Once, the viper had no fangs, and you laughed as it tried to gum you to death. Then the second viper that was hiding INSIDE the fangless viper shot out and bit you.

Once a guy showed up who was immune to viper venom, and took the viper as a pet. The viper bit everyone he loved and killed them all, then bit him repeatedly until he bled to death.

You don't trust stockings anymore. They are ALL full of vipers. If you can find no viper, it just means it is a very cleverly hidden viper.

That's what it's like to be The Imperium. There is ALWAYS a viper. Your body is scarred by viper bites. Your room is decorated with their skulls and bones. These days you just immediately hose the stocking down with your bolter and throw what's left in the fire.

You're sick of vipers.

You don't even want the stocking anymore.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Meanwhile, Tzeentch watches with growing amusement as he predicts how you will open the next stocking.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile

Next one I'll open by sticking Tzeentch's head in it, right?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So in rogue trader warp encounters there is such thing as encountering derelict ship in warp and note, that it can contain valuable loot.

Can you even ... get outside the ship in the warp to loot it without getting nommed/ going insane?

Or was it just rule writer joking? 
Pages: 1 ... 513 514 [515] 516 517 ... 824