Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1026543 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Finding even one cell after you get shoot by sufficent amount of Emperor's Own artillery can prove quite tricky.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: The worst story in history (no one reads subjects)
« Reply #7651 on: November 30, 2016, 07:36:28 am »

Are there any instances of a populace of a planet controlled by Chaos overthrowing their masters and bringing back the Emperor?
Define "controlled by Chaos". That ranges from "secret heretic governor listening to the strange whispers" to "literal daemon worlds", and it affects the answer significantly.
Don't forget the glory of plasma weapons, battle cannon shells, promethium flamers and melta weapons

Those don't actually do the trick. Like I said, a DE can be restored from a pile of ash, it doesn't matter if you melt the upper half of it's torso with plasma, burn it to dust with fire, scatter it across a 30 foot circle with a battle cannon or vaporise a chunk of it with melta, if any of it's remains can be recovered and stuck in a box the DE can bring it back eventually.
Last I heard they need a single cell, but an actual cell to bind to. Otherwise, their soul becomes unmoored and they end up in the Warp, and suddenly Slaanesh looms from out of nowhere like a Great White.

The best example of extreme resurrection I can give atm is one was revived from a 3000 year old fossilized skull. It seems as if they can be brought back even if Slaanesh already has them, it just takes waaaaay more energy and has more risks of failing.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: November 30, 2016, 07:36:50 am »

Last I heard they need a single cell, but an actual cell to bind to. Otherwise, their soul becomes unmoored and they end up in the Warp, and suddenly Slaanesh looms from out of nowhere like a Great White.
Emperor preserve me, I'm just envisioning a giant anime Slaanesh rising up behind an Eldar and saying "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii oni-chan~".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Accurate. Anal devouring is on the menu.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Slaanesh approves of Japanese anime. I'm pretty sure if he/she/it invaded it would conquer that industry first
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Slaanesh approves of Japanese anime. I'm pretty sure if he/she/it invaded it would conquer that industry first

I figured he'd quickly get bored because so much anime is trope-y. Not exactly the height of sensation seeking to watch the same derivative stuff year in year out.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, he'd probably invade in the form of an AI. After All, the Internet is where all the WEIRD stuff is
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

I imagine it'd be something like this (surprisingly SFW):
http://www.wigucomics.com/oc/index.php?comic=63
A little less SFW:
http://www.wigucomics.com/oc/index.php?comic=72
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:47:35 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

From what I remember, aren't Dark Eldar the continuation of the worst hedonists of the old Eldar Empire? Like the ones who had orgies with cocaine and said 'fuck, this just isn't doing it for me anymore. Bring out the barbed dildo and the rabid badger-person'? The ones who had to hide deep within the webway because the rest of the Empire would have been horrified and disgusted at what they did, even, and they were rich enough to be able to?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I remember, aren't Dark Eldar the continuation of the worst hedonists of the old Eldar Empire? Like the ones who had orgies with cocaine and said 'fuck, this just isn't doing it for me anymore. Bring out the barbed dildo and the rabid badger-person'? The ones who had to hide deep within the webway because the rest of the Empire would have been horrified and disgusted at what they did, even, and they were rich enough to be able to?

Sort of yes, sort of no. The Eldar Empire was supposed to be nearly as bad as the DE are now but with less of the corrupt debauchery and more of the normal kind, which is probably due to the whole 'my soul is being sucked out' thing the DE have that the old Eldar didn't. The Eldar living in realspace weren't really any less horrible than the ones in the webway, just more mundane. Murder for fun, rape, torture, rampant body alteration and the like were still day to day occurrences for many if not most of them.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: November 30, 2016, 03:12:15 pm »

Define "controlled by Chaos". That ranges from "secret heretic governor listening to the strange whispers" to "literal daemon worlds", and it affects the answer significantly.
Openly controlled by Chaos but not a daemon world.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: November 30, 2016, 03:17:42 pm »

Seriously 40k really got to stop with this crud. I swear in a decade it will be revealed that if a Ork choses not to fight they will drop dead.

It is seriously bad fanfic level writing to try and force a situation like this as much as they do.
Are you really complaining about Slaanesh being a major plot point, or the fall of the Eldar...?!

I am not complaining about either of those. I am complaining about another 40k "But I must fight" to add to the pile :P

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are there any instances of a populace of a planet controlled by Chaos overthrowing their masters and bringing back the Emperor?

During myriad of "In the grim darkness of future  planet X is controlled by heretics under control of Y, and imperium tries to reclaim it plotlines " from time to time you will meet proimperial resistance suddenly going rampant on arrival of IG and these unnamed guys  do very serious things like blowing up voidshield generators and letting emperors holy artillery to blast slaaneshi nobles  in hivespire/ taking down patrols in key positions/ blowing up antiaircraft and artillery installations and securing victory for guard.

But they dont tend to pull sucessful overthrow on their own, unless there is : some mysterius dude in wide black hat somehow managing to supply them infinite ammount of meltabombs, lasguns, sabotage gear and guerilla warfare trainers for + 100 tactics without heretics noticing, that inquisition smuggled 99999999 meltabombs / some lone space marine becoming emperors angel  for loyal population( and turbochainsaw slaughter demon for nonloyal one)  giving them+ 100 morale + 100 tactics + 50000 confirmed  heretic kills he does himself / some local priest having weird dream with golden dude telling to kill the fuck out of heretics with chainsaw and getting + 25 melee + 100 charisma and + 10 luck and 20 extra lives after said dream/ Particulary epic comissar.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

Well it makes sense.  chaos is the insidious force.  The empire is blunt, to the point, and their gains from taking the world are less than those of killing the heretics chaos.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 824