Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1023986 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

I'd probably wear power armor 24/7 as well if I was as rich and important as a rogue trader player character.

They're not Space Marines though. They gotta sleep sometime.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I'd probably wear power armor 24/7 as well if I was as rich and important as a rogue trader player character.

Get the deluxe version with built-in bed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get the deluxe version with built-in bed.

Or just get enough cybernetics to make a magos jealous and stop needing to sleep at all.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SomehowI think "bionic replacement of your stomach and intestinal tract" won't have the kind of game play effects they're find inticing. 

Although being able to safely ingest poisons and other exotic compounds might be worthwhile.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:00:01 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean there people who play the 40k rpgs and aren't willing to spend a week or two's downtime covering all sorts of contingencies with cybernetic enhancement?
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

I'm intending on starting up a WH40K based RTD.
Tried starting an Eldar one however long ago, didn't really take off because I couldn't make every class equally enticing.
It got a lot of interest though, so you could do quite well. Although maybe be quick about it before I re-launch mine.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Because it was Eldar.
Only Imperium is interesting, of course.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

10/10 would play.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm intending on starting up a WH40K based RTD with an almost incomprehensibly colossal Space Hulk as the setting. Basic idea is to have it be Dm-fiat based with no crunch at all outside of the standard D6, but things like weapons and equipment and character archetype still matter fairly significantly. Even with a perfect roll, a flashlight lasgun isn't going to do much against anything particularly tough. A bolter or detpack will be much more effective.  A big spehss marine in power armor is going to have a much better time getting hit than a naked Guardsman, and that spehss mahreen failing to lift a big heavy object might accidentally break in half while a less physically capable character might shift it slightly so it cuts off their toes.. Almost like a freeform RPG with the D6 guiding the story. Death will be relatively common (probably) so it'll cycle through different available archetypes (Imperium/Rogue Trader/Orks/Chaos/Eldar/Tau currently) and each team and player within that team will be kept in a hall of Honor and Shame to see how many turns they survived and how far through the hulk they progressed.

Think it sounds interesting enough?
YEEEESSSSSS

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean there people who play the 40k rpgs and aren't willing to spend a week or two's downtime covering all sorts of contingencies with cybernetic enhancement?

Forget cybernetic surgery and enhancement, the healing times for regular wounds alone are crazy.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Heh.  After playing Vampires for so long, playing normal (well, possessed) humans in New World of Darkness is teaching us that too.  We had a little party fistfight last session (mostly due to being hijacked by our demons), and our Pride character hurt the Wrath character a bit more than intended.  Dealt four lethal (aka bloody) wounds, which took *four days in a hospital* to fully heal.  Otherwise would take eight.

Whereas vampires heal lethal damage in seconds by expending blood.  Heh, it's actually 1:1...  Drinking blood deals a lethal to some meaningless victim, and they use that to heal a lethal.  Such parasites.

But yeah 2 days per lethal wound, or 7 days per "aggravated" wound.  Instead of 3 seconds or 2 days lol.
On the other hand, mortals get to shrug off a nonlethal damage every 15 minutes instead of burning innocent blood, so that's cool.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm intending on starting up a WH40K based RTD with an almost incomprehensibly colossal Space Hulk as the setting. Basic idea is to have it be Dm-fiat based with no crunch at all outside of the standard D6, but things like weapons and equipment and character archetype still matter fairly significantly. Even with a perfect roll, a flashlight lasgun isn't going to do much against anything particularly tough. A bolter or detpack will be much more effective.  A big spehss marine in power armor is going to have a much better time getting hit than a naked Guardsman, and that spehss mahreen failing to lift a big heavy object might accidentally break in half while a less physically capable character might shift it slightly so it cuts off their toes.. Almost like a freeform RPG with the D6 guiding the story. Death will be relatively common (probably) so it'll cycle through different available archetypes (Imperium/Rogue Trader/Orks/Chaos/Eldar/Tau currently) and each team and player within that team will be kept in a hall of Honor and Shame to see how many turns they survived and how far through the hulk they progressed.

Think it sounds interesting enough?
Link once you make it please.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Heh.  After playing Vampires for so long, playing normal (well, possessed) humans in New World of Darkness is teaching us that too.
-snip-
... meanwhile in Burning Wheel, one of our characters took a mortal wound and therefore is unconscious for eight months.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

...Ah.  Yeah in NWoD most people are going to have 7-9 health, which means about 4 months of recovery if they're seconds from being unrecoverably brain dead (almost full of "aggravated" damage, which comes from bleeding out or getting pummeled in critical condition).  And it'll be half that in a hospital (but what kinda scrubs are safe in hospitals, eh?)

Sorry for derail!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Forget cybernetic surgery and enhancement, the healing times for regular wounds alone are crazy.

Yeah but between adventures most 40k parties will have weeks or months of downtime, and the cybernetics usually make it harder to be injured later. Stacking the various armour boosters, plus power armour, plus psychic powers (where applicable) can make you immune to everything weaker than bolters, and even they struggle to hurt you. It's like buying carapace to replace your flak armour, it's just a good idea.

The stuff you can pull off in RT as a mutant Explorator with psychic powers and the right alternate ranks is pretty insane for example. S/T in the region of 70s, immunity to corruption while manifesting a certain power, basic class weapons installed in your weapons mechadendrites, Force on your Tech Priest shock talents, which means you can get Force hands or throw Force lightning. Depending on what powers your GM lets you get from the xeno-psyker-heretek rank (forgot what it's called) you may be able to animate machinery into a soldier, summon daemons or conjure Eldar psychic blades.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 824