Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1022963 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: You are what you eat, so eat your greens.
« Reply #5745 on: August 20, 2016, 04:06:33 pm »

The fun part is that no, I don't, so you have no excuses. :P

I never owned a tablet really and proably wouldn't really know how to draw using one - my freehand stuff is kinda okayish but it's way worse compared to what I do with mouse, so I think it would be similar with tablet. It's all matter of training, of course.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5746 on: August 20, 2016, 04:31:21 pm »

Phoo.

That means if I end up doing the thing I talked to you about I have no reason not to have it be illustrated. :/
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5747 on: August 20, 2016, 04:39:24 pm »

The problem with the Imperium is everyone thinks that they'll be the alpha, instead of one of the legions of slaves or pathetic guardsmen. But the ratio of citizens who get ground into corpse-starch to people who become all-powerful don't look good.
FIFY~
To be honest that's the whole point of the setting in general. If you are anything but super-powerful there is no place to go but down. The difference though is that most people in Chaos choose to be cultists, whereas in the Imperium you are just sorta, born into it. You chose to be a Chaos spawn!

Really, the only compelling argument for joining Chaos is when a bunch of Word Bearers burst down your door and ask what side of a daemon summoning you want to be on. That's much more compelling then "Become infested with maggots!" and "Suffer hideous mutations!".
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5748 on: August 20, 2016, 05:27:42 pm »

Actually, I have read a story about an Ultramarine purging some Chaos world who becomes stuck under some rubble and then a Cultist comes up to him and is like "Dude, why all the RIGHTEOUS FURY?", to which Ultramarine reply is obvious, claiming that the guy is "WRETCHED TRAITOR HERETIC MUTATION DIE DIE DIE", but then the Cultist goes "Dude, but I got born here. I never had a chance to even see an Aquilla before I was 14 and could handle an autogun. We're living relatively peacefully here minding our own stuff and try to not get sacrificed or raped by deamons and then you burst down the door and murder us all. What the fuck, dude?"
Then the Ultramarine gets up and mushes him into paste with his Power-Fist.

Nevertheless, it's worth noting that a lot of the Chaos guys actually didin't have a choice. To actually, truly and willingly fall to Chaos you need more than just "JOIN SLANNESH WE HAVE COCAINE COOKIES", at least usually, most of the people are mind-controlled by Warp and so on. One of best examples would be Fulgrim - the blade he had was slowly corrupting him and he wasn't completly aware of his actions, and when he finally woke up (after he killed Ferrus Manus, his best Primarch bro) from it, he was utterly crushed by what he had done, so he went into Villanious BSOD and let himself get locked in a painting while his body got completly overtook by the Deamon.
He got better (or rather, worse), though, and after thinking a lot about stuff he decided that joining Chaos is not that bad after all and kicked the Deamon out of his body.
The other example could be Horus (yeah, I know it's mostly Primarches but Warp damn it, when was the last time you had a regular Chaos cultist POV that included him before and after joining Chaos? Exactly...) - it is said that in the last fractions of seconds as he was being removed from existence by Emperor the Chaos left him and he was again himself.

Of course, this doesn't really change anything - the only effective remedy for CHAOS is death, so don't worry and PURGE THE HERETICS.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5749 on: August 20, 2016, 05:34:05 pm »

Typically, it seems that those who resist Chaos the most ultimately do the worst under it. There are outliers, of course, but as a whole Chaos benefits those who dive face-first into hell. Like that one noblewoman who reverse-possessed and ate three Keepers of Secrets to gain immortality.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5750 on: August 20, 2016, 06:05:52 pm »

tl;dr don't let chaos take you by the balls; take chaos by the balls!
nom nom nom delicious demon so much power

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5751 on: August 20, 2016, 08:37:05 pm »

So, well, there's this new Horus Heresy book, Praetorian of Dorn.
Spoiler: Spoiler. (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: August 20, 2016, 08:38:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: August 20, 2016, 08:39:43 pm »

You can only do that if you're a daemon. Human followers, no matter how corrupted, are still anchored to their bodies.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: August 20, 2016, 08:43:00 pm »

daemon princes are daemons though.  With no souls
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: August 20, 2016, 08:47:28 pm »

He Who Is Not never attained daemonhood, or if he did, it was in secret. Both of him.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: August 20, 2016, 11:42:59 pm »

Actually, I have read a story about an Ultramarine purging some Chaos world who becomes stuck under some rubble and then a Cultist comes up to him and is like "Dude, why all the RIGHTEOUS FURY?".
Salamander woulda been like "YOU ARE A MARTYR IN THE PURGE NVR BE FORGOTTEN"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: August 20, 2016, 11:54:28 pm »

You can only do that if you're a daemon. Human followers, no matter how corrupted, are still anchored to their bodies.
I'unno man, I'm pretty sure a corrupted biologis could figure something out. Maybe even a plain ol' heretek. Never mind the full on sorcerers. If there's not the occasional psyker roaming around the imperium doing body swaps for giggles, I'd be terribly surprised.

... could almost swear something like that shows up in one of the novels, actually. Something about one of the (human) antagonists showing up in a different body.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: August 21, 2016, 12:34:11 am »

So, well, there's this new Horus Heresy book, Praetorian of Dorn.
Spoiler: Spoiler. (click to show/hide)
HAIL HYDRA
but no for real that's kind of lame tbh
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: August 21, 2016, 01:41:30 am »

By the way, what happens with souls of those countless disorder vacuum seamen and their lords, after they get bolt round in the face?
Pages: 1 ... 382 383 [384] 385 386 ... 824