Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1022350 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #4065 on: May 04, 2016, 01:29:04 pm »

Can you use Feedback and Games Workshop in the same sentence without the word Fuck or a variant in the middle? I'm surprised.

I bet they'll use the complains as suggestions for the next wave of codices and novels.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: May 04, 2016, 05:18:51 pm »

Also apparently the plot point of DoWIII is Ynnead.
Where did you hear this?

Seriously tho, was this a joke or an actual thing that you've read, written by someone who might know something more than just conjecture. Because having something Eldar centric as a plot driving thing would be fucking refreshing for once.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: May 04, 2016, 05:46:42 pm »

The stated basis of the DoW 3 story right now is there's a Super Weapon on the planet, and therefore, everyone will fight for it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: May 04, 2016, 06:02:36 pm »

Aye, that's what I hear. Surprise surprise, the Blood Shitbirds are here to steal it like the cluster of butts they are.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: May 04, 2016, 06:27:55 pm »

"Knowledge is shiny. stick it in your nest, then your nest will be shiny."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: May 04, 2016, 07:00:08 pm »

The stated basis of the DoW 3 story right now is there's a Super Weapon on the planet, and therefore, everyone will fight for it.

Are you sure it's not that the Space Merens are fighting the Orks until they find Eldar controlling the Orks and learn that the Eldar were controlling the Orks to fight the space merens in order to keep the space merens from doing something that would make things bad for everyone, Scooby Doo style?

And then Chaos appears because that's the thing?
Shoes...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4071 on: May 04, 2016, 07:13:08 pm »

BLOOD MAGPIES
TODAY WE STEAL THE ENEMY

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: May 04, 2016, 07:35:48 pm »

Are you sure it's not that the Space Merens are fighting the Orks until they find Eldar controlling the Orks and learn that the Eldar were controlling the Orks to fight the space merens in order to keep the space merens from doing something that would make things bad for everyone, Scooby Doo style?

Remove the Chaos bit and that might very well be the plot.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: May 04, 2016, 09:03:13 pm »

Force commander takes off the Ork mask revealing it's has been a farseer all this time.
- Farseer: "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling magpies."
- "Davian Davian Thule!"
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 09:28:56 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: May 04, 2016, 09:08:48 pm »

I mean, the Rak'Gol worship Khorne (I think) and they have no daemons among their numbers, prob because they never live long enough to do anything of special worth.

The Rak'Gol are lead by psykers, so it's probably safe to say they don't worship Khorne.

They appear to worship the Yuu'Vath, or at least covet their artifacts, rather than worshiping an actual chaos god. They could be one of the races that worships chaos itself rather than the gods and daemons of the Warp, since there's been a few of them.
I wonder just how good Kroot would be at Chaos if they were truly corrupted. Eat the other Chaos Champions when you kill them, become Daemon Prince via genetics
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: May 04, 2016, 09:36:46 pm »

BLOOD MAGPIES
TODAY WE STEAL THE ENEMY

and then the space marines were ork lootas all along
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: May 05, 2016, 12:15:04 am »

Ran another Rogue Trader session tonight after a long break.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:42:57 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: May 05, 2016, 05:15:23 am »

Think the joke of that post was that it was pretty much the plot of the first game.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: May 05, 2016, 05:35:56 am »

I mean, the Rak'Gol worship Khorne (I think) and they have no daemons among their numbers, prob because they never live long enough to do anything of special worth.

The Rak'Gol are lead by psykers, so it's probably safe to say they don't worship Khorne.

They appear to worship the Yuu'Vath, or at least covet their artifacts, rather than worshiping an actual chaos god. They could be one of the races that worships chaos itself rather than the gods and daemons of the Warp, since there's been a few of them.
I wonder just how good Kroot would be at Chaos if they were truly corrupted. Eat the other Chaos Champions when you kill them, become Daemon Prince via genetics

Kroot don't inherit the specific mutations of chaos followers they eat, they just inherit their corruption. Chaos mutation isn't really genetic, it's spiritual, the moulding of your flesh according to the whims of alien and arbitrary beings from another realm. Daemonhood isn't about hitting some amount of taint, it's about earning the favour of the gods.

Kroot devouring tons of chaos champions would probably devolve into chaos spawn though, which is a trade up in terms of combat ability.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: May 05, 2016, 05:36:43 am »

Think the joke of that post was that it was pretty much the plot of the first game.

...And second game, if you replace "Chaos" with "Tyranids".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 824