Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1022812 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3795 on: April 17, 2016, 07:25:23 pm »

Tons of people suddenly gain superpowers during combat by chanelling the emprah. The most known ones are the sisters of battle. He's also responsible for several miraculous things, and its rumoured some specially pious psykers sometimes get important messages from the emperor.

Also he makes warp travel at least somewhat possible, and keeps the souls system from instantly asploding out of existence.
The warp was navigated before the Astronomican, and as far as I'm aware, your soul is either eaten by Daemons or the Emperor when you die, even if you're a loyal Imperial Citizens. Not entirely sure which, but yeah.

There are specially sanctified weapons with power levels approaching that of Daemonhammers, right? I had an idea for an Inquisitor whose main weapon is essentially a giant compound bow who uses specially sanctified arrows, explosive tipped arrows, and the like, because it's 'magic', but in the 'Inquisition approved for use only by Inquisitors' way.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: April 17, 2016, 07:56:17 pm »

There are specially sanctified weapons with power levels approaching that of Daemonhammers, right? I had an idea for an Inquisitor whose main weapon is essentially a giant compound bow who uses specially sanctified arrows, explosive tipped arrows, and the like, because it's 'magic', but in the 'Inquisition approved for use only by Inquisitors' way.

Explosive arrows and sanctified bows are things in the setting, and many weapons other than nemesis weapons are effective against daemons, so for an Inquisitor who prefers bows over other ranged weapons (say one who originally hails from a Feral or Feudal world) that's not that outlandish an idea.

If this is for a game set using the FFG rpg rules there's a table for sanctified relic weapons in Blood of Martyrs I think. It's not very good rules wise, but it's got some nice fluffy descriptions in it that can help flesh out a concept.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: April 17, 2016, 08:06:25 pm »

It was mostly a stray idea. Bow and dagger style Inquisitor, nimble and the like. Don't have anyone to really play with, nor the time, unfortunately.

So, Sisters of Battle are drawn from the same ranks as Storm Troopers, right? What's the ratio of successful Storm Trooper recruits compared to attempted recruits? It has to be much better than Space Marine recruiting, but I feel like I remember hearing that there were fewer Storm Troopers in the galaxy than Space Marines. Measured in mere hundreds of thousands, or something.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: April 17, 2016, 08:15:14 pm »

There is a hint when one Marine drank Alpharius blood (don't really ask how that works, it's Primarch deus ex machina bullshit)

That's not exactly Primarch stuff, that's Space Marine stuff that does that. One if their implants allows them to absorb memories from the stuff they eat or drink. Presumably, this includes Primarch blood.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: April 17, 2016, 08:21:41 pm »

I thought that was only from eating brains?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: April 17, 2016, 08:22:50 pm »

Primarchs probably store their memories in their blood.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: April 17, 2016, 08:27:36 pm »

Primarchs are all warp beings anyhow, so it's not surprising that blood has unnatural significance to them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3802 on: April 18, 2016, 02:05:01 am »

That's why I said primarch stuff, I know about brains. In any case Blood Emos seem to have similar weird connection with blood of Primarch Emo.
There is less Stormtroppers proably because they're relatively new thing compared to Marines and their recruitment depends on Scholas, instead of one of various Marine recruitment methods that are basically "we steal children". Also you don't actually need that many Stormtroppers if you have Marines, since they are a bit weaker but way more badass replacement used rarely by Inquisitors and Imperial commanders for commando missions.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: April 18, 2016, 02:23:09 am »

That's why I said primarch stuff, I know about brains. In any case Blood Emos seem to have similar weird connection with blood of Primarch Emo.
I resent the implication that Sanguinius is Primarch Emo.

That title goes to Corvus Corax.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:24:49 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3804 on: April 18, 2016, 02:25:33 am »

All of them are edgy teenagers with serious problems.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: April 18, 2016, 02:35:36 am »

Do y'all not know the difference between goth kids and vamp kids? Go watch some Southpark.

There is less Stormtroopers probably because their recruitment depends on Scholas, instead of one of various Marine recruitment methods that are basically "we steal children".

All Schola Progenum recruit from an alumni of 'kids whose rich parents are dead', so it's technically more like looting than stealing.

Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: April 18, 2016, 07:35:08 am »

Blood Angels never seemed like the emo kids of the 40k block to me. They're more like REALLY fanatic vampire catholics. The super space emo title goes to either corax or curze.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: April 18, 2016, 07:36:53 am »

Curze is clearly batman.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: April 18, 2016, 11:03:16 am »

As much as I hate to admit it, Blood Angels may be top emo-kek in 40k.

-Still kinda weepy over losing Sanguinius. I dunno, we haven't seen the depths of this yet since the HH hasn't actually reached that point in history.

-They're all full of SECRET RAGE.

-They're all full of SECRET DARKNESS.

-They're pretty, artistic and sensitive.

Of the loyalist chapters, they definitely the most emo of the bunch.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: April 18, 2016, 11:45:58 am »

SECRET DARKNESS belongs to the Dark Angels, IMO.
But they're too ruthless to be truly emo, so I don't think they're on the list.
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 [254] 255 256 ... 824