Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1023225 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3645 on: April 07, 2016, 06:06:29 pm »

Space Odin was actualy Magnus, even though he has nothing nordic about him, he has one eye and is really skilled at magic, things odin was very famous for :v
Meh, it doesn't really seem to fit in my head. Sure, one eye and magic, but the personality is all wrong.

Space Elon Musk, is, obviously, the emprah himself (really tall, burly guy with an obsession for technology, space exploration, mentioned wanting to improve humans and happens to be considered an amazing but incredibly demanding leader? Oh boy, emprah, could you use a worse disguise? I can see right through it)
I still have no fucking idea who he is.
Oh wait it's the Iron Man 2 cameo guy... I guess...

You gotta appreciate how much of a fuck up Fulgrim is that, even going into it with perfect and repeatable knowledge, he still can't sway Ferrus. Maybe he should call someone actually half competent, like Fabius Bile.
Fabius was the one doing the cloning, IIRC.

In what fucking universe can you compare Lorgar to Lex Luthor? Lorgar is a dazzly-eyed imbecile, Lex Luthor is Earth's greatest hero.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, at first Luthor is great bros with Superman, just like Lorgar adores Emperor, Luthor becomes evil guy (I'm going by the "official" story, though I agree with you that IMO the Superman is ultimately the bad guy (INJUSTIICEEEEE) and it's Luthor who is going to save everyones asses) and starts to hate Superman, just like Lorgar starts to hate Emperor. Lorgar was also actually pretty brilliant and also preffered diplomacy and tricks than bashing someones head in. He was great bros with apparently nearly everyone (Even Leman Russ though some of his spiritual "shit" is worth remembering, which IS SOMETHING CONSIDERING IT'S LEMAN RUSS) and so on. Lorgar is a smug bastard, but ultimately it's the Erebus who is the single most fucking evil person in existence. Fun fact - he also apparently resembled younger Big E the most from all the kids.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: April 07, 2016, 06:19:19 pm »

Wait, wasn't horus the one that resembled the emprah the most?

This reminds me. While everyone seems to get the armor and other stuff right, nobody seems to agree on how the emprah's face looks. My favorite depiction is a stony faced guy with thick, long hair. It gives him a kind of caveman/conan the barbarian-ish look, which I find appropriate since the emprah was born during pre-history.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: April 07, 2016, 06:30:32 pm »

This reminds me. While everyone seems to get the armor and other stuff right, nobody seems to agree on how the emprah's face looks. My favorite depiction is a stony faced guy with thick, long hair. It gives him a kind of caveman/conan the barbarian-ish look, which I find appropriate since the emprah was born during pre-history.

The Emperor is canonically able to appear in different forms.

Most humans during the Great Crusade when he revealed his powers just see/saw him as a column of blinding golden light, Space Marines saw him as a godlike being and Primarchs saw him more or less as a man, but the greatest and most noble in form of any man.

I think his most common artistic depiction is partly based on the face of Julias Caesar.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: April 07, 2016, 06:34:16 pm »

Most humans during the Great Crusade when he revealed his powers just see/saw him as a column of blinding golden light, Space Marines saw him as a godlike being and Primarchs saw him more or less as a man, but the greatest and most noble in form of any man.

I think his most common artistic depiction is partly based on the face of Julias Caesar.
and just like the glorious empire Julius created, the imperium slowly, but inexorably declined.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3649 on: April 07, 2016, 06:39:34 pm »

Wait, wasn't horus the one that resembled the emprah the most?
They both look pretty similar, I dunno. I think it's The First Heretic that says Lorgar is the most similar one, though honestly, Guillman and Sanguinius were also said to be that.
Apparently the man and most noble whatever is the closest to his "true form", though he tells Corax he doesn't have one... which may or may not be bullshit.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 06:41:29 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: April 07, 2016, 07:01:55 pm »

Apparently the man and most noble whatever is the closest to his "true form", though he tells Corax he doesn't have one... which may or may not be bullshit.

That depends on if we consider his original lives bodies to be his 'true' forms, in which case he technically doesn't have one, or if we consider the form he had before his powers awoke to be his true form.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3651 on: April 07, 2016, 08:24:17 pm »

Yeah, so, Lorgar was apparently the most similar because he has nearly the same facial features as Big E, and apparently so does Horus, but the difference is that Lorgar has the right skin colour, which is slightly golden (what the fuck else), making him resemble Emperor the most, but later on he got crapton of tatoos, red IIRC, so possibly that's when Horus became the best lookalike.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: April 08, 2016, 05:47:06 am »

Have anyone wonder what happened to the souls of the slaughter loyalist primarchs (and emo batman one)? Could they become mini Gods in the warp or something?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: April 08, 2016, 07:12:10 am »

well the emperor stole magic from chaos to create them, right? so i wouldn't be surprised if their souls got eaten by chaos

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: April 08, 2016, 07:24:36 am »

Well that's just a theory I think.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: April 08, 2016, 09:34:22 am »

Yeah, I've heard that one tossed around too but I can't remember the book they came out of.
It would be 'intriguing' though, if he used the magic of the chaos gods to make the primarchs, and then told everyone not to believe in them. Rather stupid, even for preHH emps.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3656 on: April 08, 2016, 09:37:09 am »

IIRC it's the Gods who say that the Big E stole their magic to make them. It might be Tzzentchian bullshit as far as we're concerned, to help turn some to Chaos or something.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: April 08, 2016, 10:37:53 am »

It's not really stealing if they actually taught the Emperor how to manipulate Chaos. My understanding was they did, and the arrangement was the Emperor would be their Champion. But once he learned what he needed he went "NOPE!" and the Chaos Gods were miffed as only gods can be.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: April 08, 2016, 10:53:46 am »

And are they truly goods? I mean, as Horums himself said: "they may be called daemons, but in reality they are xenos like any other, just more insidious"

Okay they aren't regular xenos perse, in any case they are xenos from another dimension or something like that. I don't know.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: April 08, 2016, 10:56:56 am »

They're not xenos because they're mostly made from humans in the first place.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 824