Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1023409 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3585 on: April 05, 2016, 11:46:43 am »

If the new ideas are "outsource production" then many wargamers will likely be happy.
I mean, families of a fair few Brits won't, so that's the trade-off.

Actually i'll take the moment to complain about their putting BS Apoc stuff into the regular game now.
Will always happily complain about superheavies.

Edit, because I wanna talk Re: the
Chaos Codex Rumors
The first and most coolest thing I can think to Layman, for those who weren't intrigued enough to click: new Elites.
Rubric Marines, Khorne Berserkers, Plague Marines and Noise marines are now troops.
Because there's (supposedly) new Terminator-style elites coming in for each of the four cults.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 02:38:01 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: April 06, 2016, 06:58:25 am »

What force would be needed to raid Commorragh and retrieve Panacea? How many soldiers? How many battleships? How many chapters of Space Marines?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:00:56 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 06, 2016, 07:53:06 am »

IIRC a battle-barge containing a chapter of space marines already had been shunted into Commorragh, I believe as a joke.
It resulted in a lot of turmoil until the whole mess was cleaned up.

However, I think it's not about the size of the force, as most of the Kabals don't really care about the awful things which happen to the others. It'd be more a case of finding it.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: April 06, 2016, 07:59:51 am »

Yea, depending on who or what has hold of it, it might be hidden away in some nigh impenetrable pocket dimension.

Comorragh got raided by spess marines before though, when a battle barge containing a bunch of marines got captured by a cabal who was hoping to trade them to a haemonculi coven. Then I think the salamanders went and had a huge ass (literally everyone in that part of comorragh attacked them at the same time) fight to rescue them.

Wasn't there an (official?) rumor a while back about some dark angels or whatever doing a really shady deal with the dark eldar to somehow save the emprah after they noticed the golden throne is failing, though?
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: April 06, 2016, 08:06:48 am »

Well truthfully, DEldar are probably the most invested in Chaos not winning. What with the 'no soulstones' business.
Necrons just want to wipe out all of the warp-sensitives and close all those niggly little reality leaks.

Tyranids I don't think care? Have they ever come across Chaos? (Other than AGmanParty)

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: April 06, 2016, 08:09:34 am »

Wasn't there an (official?) rumor a while back about some dark angels or whatever doing a really shady deal with the dark eldar to somehow save the emprah after they noticed the golden throne is failing, though?

In the AdMech codex, there's a mention of techpriests noticing an unfixable flaw in the Golden Throne and making a pact with some... Thraxian? inquisitors and going through the webway portal under the golden throne, through the webway, fighting demons and harlequins, to comorragh, where 'a dark bargain is struck'
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: April 06, 2016, 09:53:36 am »

I've read it somewhere else too. Can't remember what it was but it definitely wasn't the AdMech Codex.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: April 06, 2016, 12:03:26 pm »

I suppose, that something like teleporting 1000000 space marines to Comorragh or ramming gloriana class battleship in it could be part of emperors plans during great crusade.
But current imperium is too busy not falling apart for doing anything grand.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: April 06, 2016, 12:09:45 pm »

Size of space marine chapter=1000 battle-brothers, approximately 1000 chapters are believed to exist at any one time, total number of space marines=1,000,000 approximate.  Yeah, I don't think sending a million spess mureens anywhere is likely to happen ever.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: April 06, 2016, 12:26:39 pm »

Size of space marine chapter=1000 battle-brothers, approximately 1000 chapters are believed to exist at any one time, total number of space marines=1,000,000 approximate.  Yeah, I don't think sending a million spess mureens anywhere is likely to happen ever.
durring the great crusade there were a lot more spess marines, just a whole lot less chapters
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: April 06, 2016, 01:14:38 pm »

No chapters during the great crusade, just legions, 10,000 marines each.

The point is that you would be stripping the entire imperium of every marine for a doomed assault.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:16:13 pm by NullForceOmega »

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: April 06, 2016, 01:14:55 pm »

Or more. I think the Word Bearers had significantly more than 10,000.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: April 06, 2016, 01:19:49 pm »

I remember reading in lexicanum about dark angels loosing 50000 battlebrothers in confrontation with some xeno empire and after that stopping to be biggest space marine legion. As well as ultramarines having 250000 marines.
Also before returning to terra and giving Horus warmaster title, emperor jumped to battle against orks with 1000 custodes, who are not that much far away from primarchs. It is not like imperium was not able to amass space marines in such numbers.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: April 06, 2016, 01:21:03 pm »

hoooo boy, history lesson time!

Many chapters has space marines in the hundreds of thousand. The Ultrasmurfs themselves had around 250,000 space marines around their peak.

and yes, nids have come in to contact with Chaos, with Chaos generally coming out on top--I read a thing somewhere once that mentioned tyranids avoiding a chaos-infected worldship.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: April 06, 2016, 01:24:39 pm »

I'm gonna need some citation from a source on that.  Horus Heresy novels clearly describe each legion of consisting of 10,000 marines, and every version of the codices that I've seen mention the legions says the same thing.

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 824