Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1026076 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Disorder Vacuum Seamen.
« Reply #3360 on: March 07, 2016, 02:49:48 pm »

IIRC someone actually tried to make a spaceship in regular WH40k scale, it was just a Cobra, but even then it was ridiculously huge.
Link?
Dunno, I saw it in some thread on Dakka(?) long time ago, I don't even know what to really type to find it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: March 07, 2016, 02:53:03 pm »

IIRC someone actually tried to make a spaceship in regular WH40k scale, it was just a Cobra, but even then it was ridiculously huge.
Link?
Dunno, I saw it in some thread on Dakka(?) long time ago, I don't even know what to really type to find it.
Ah, ok then
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: March 07, 2016, 03:55:19 pm »

Is not that hard to figure out the scale for "real size" battleships for TT. If some one can tell me how tall is a model and how tall is supposed to be that model in the lore I'll make the maths. Centimetres would be preferable, but Imperial units seems more in the spirit of the thread :P
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: March 07, 2016, 05:28:17 pm »

Reading Ciaphas Cain tells us that the Imperium uses the metric system.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3364 on: March 07, 2016, 06:11:33 pm »

Imagine the fucking insanity the Imperial system would cause in Wh40k, since everything is based on arbitrary stones, sticks, bodypart sizes and whatnot.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: March 07, 2016, 08:03:30 pm »

Imagine the fucking insanity the Imperial system would cause in Wh40k, since everything is based on arbitrary stones, sticks, bodypart sizes and whatnot.
Eh

Not much more than there already exists
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: March 08, 2016, 03:36:53 am »

Eh

Not much more than there already exists

They'd use the size of the Emperor's bodyparts of course.

Pre-heresy, because they must have shrunk afterwards and implying that the Emperor shrunk on his throne is unimperial.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3367 on: March 08, 2016, 04:12:39 am »

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/64/5c/c4/645cc4157123e11b9dcd97d3bd245c49.jpg
Relevant

40k ships on the large end aren't just a self-contained population, they have to be self-contained civilizations (plural). Ships too dank they just keep slapping more stuff on them. Pretty Orky really
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 04:15:10 am by Loud Whispers »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: March 08, 2016, 07:14:42 am »

Yeah, there isn't like villages of lost workers on some forgotten levels of the biggest ships and so on?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3369 on: March 08, 2016, 08:56:11 am »

What is universe class mass conveyor?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: March 08, 2016, 09:06:27 am »

Based on the name I'd say it's a cargo ship. Probably used to transport large amounts of materials/people between worlds.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3371 on: March 08, 2016, 09:14:02 am »

Huge box with huge engines, basically. IIRC, I remember a mention that one of these was turned into "Imperial Craftworld" once, since they filled all the insides with refugees and whatnot, and since nobody really wanted them they started to live on the ship as they would normally, building farms and other life support systems.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3372 on: March 08, 2016, 10:56:33 am »

Yeah, there isn't like villages of lost workers on some forgotten levels of the biggest ships and so on?
Loads of them, scurrying about forgotten passages and all that

Wouldn't be surprised if there are jupiter-sized space hulks

The adeptus munistorum's wet dream made reality

THE ULTIMATE IN PAN-GALACTIC LOGISTICS

This appears to be the biggest Imperial non-space hulk craft there is, an Imperial Fist craft/monastery home
Interestingly it was discovered by Rogal Dorn, not constructed by him. I wonder how many giant warships are floating about the 40k galaxy just waiting to be discovered
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 11:10:24 am by Loud Whispers »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3373 on: March 08, 2016, 11:41:49 am »

Wouldn't be surprised if there are jupiter-sized space hulks
Considering that Space Hulks are basically bunch of ships thrown together, that is possible.
This appears to be the biggest Imperial non-space hulk craft there is, an Imperial Fist craft/monastery home
Interestingly it was discovered by Rogal Dorn, not constructed by him. I wonder how many giant warships are floating about the 40k galaxy just waiting to be discovered
Though this was not constructed by humans, and none of them survive, the Blackstones were apparently even bigger and badder.
For the biggest actual spaceship that was actually built by humanity, Abyss Class is the biggest, since it was even bigger than Gloriana class battleships that were flagships of Primarches during the Great Crusade. You can also see it's design differs A LOT from your regular ships.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/64/5c/c4/645cc4157123e11b9dcd97d3bd245c49.jpg
Relevant
Should be noted that the Gloriana Class in this picture (the big huge white thing) is not actually the biggest Gloriana Class, as they all were custom built to fit needs of the Primarch that was going to get it. The biggest one, the Macragge's Honour (because, obviously the Ultramarines need the best toys) was 26 kilometers long, while Iron Blood was "only" 20 kilometers. You can also see that Macragge's Honour is much bulkier, more similar to regular Imperial designs. Really, all of them are pretty cool since they're special snowflakes and sometimes they seem to overshadow future a lot, just like everything those guys do, wear and whatnot. Some look better (and more "modern" than others, some we don't have good images of or we don't have them at all, and at least one of them is basically upgunned battleship in light grey, but all of them are fucking XBAWKS HUEG.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: March 08, 2016, 02:37:13 pm »

Make love not war
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 824