Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1027606 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K thread: from the Warp it cameth forth: Plot Advancement.
« Reply #8310 on: February 11, 2017, 04:07:26 pm »

Oh shit. Welp we're all doomed.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8311 on: February 11, 2017, 05:06:20 pm »

What???, that's for real????  Edit. Holly shit it is, from August last year he has been back. End times indeed.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 05:12:19 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8312 on: February 11, 2017, 07:44:48 pm »

IIrc he's mellowed out a lot though. Apparently the hateblizzard served to cool him down some.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8313 on: February 11, 2017, 08:04:15 pm »

More like he's learned to hide it, much like the GM who has learned to keep the screen up and only masturbate under the table with one hand while describing just what is happening to their waifu GMPC.

Or maybe that savage tweet was actually a sign of him becoming a decent person and we'll see the four horsemen any day now because Ward being admirable is one of the early signs of the apocalypse.

What I'm saying is that I'll believe he's not shit after he has a lead role in three consecutive projects that are mediocre or better.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8314 on: February 11, 2017, 08:19:35 pm »

I'll believe with however this Girlyman Awakens plotline turns out. I don't know if he's writing it or not, but I can think of no stronger bait for Matt Ward than Grandpa Smurf waking up and going to become the new Emperor.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8315 on: February 11, 2017, 09:22:13 pm »

What would make me forgive Ward is if this plot thread leads to the Big E finally dying, then immediately being reborn whole and pimp-slapping Rowboat Girlyman straight to Mars, then getting to work sorting shit out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8316 on: February 12, 2017, 05:00:12 am »

Matt Ward is evil, I tell ya! Evil! Evil!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8317 on: February 12, 2017, 05:28:38 am »

As I said, he's back. He's been back for some time. He's rewriting your crunch right now
TBH, Matt Ward isin't completly shit at writing crunch, the shit he writes is internally balanced (as in, you can pick anything from the Codex and use it, there are no useless units) but yeah, power creep. But as long as it's Imperial Power Creep, it's okay.
Also, he might have cooled down a bit after the whole deal with death threats and so on. Especially that the only thing we actually know for sure is from him recently is this.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8318 on: February 12, 2017, 07:28:14 am »

Oh man played a GW sponsored tournament yesterday. Literally 4 Eldar Scatbike/Wraithguard players. (2 riptiders too).

Gotta say however, I'm pretty alarmed that out of the 18-ish players whom were there, only six were cheesenauts.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8319 on: February 12, 2017, 12:21:29 pm »

Oh man played a GW sponsored tournament yesterday. Literally 4 Eldar Scatbike/Wraithguard players. (2 riptiders too).

Gotta say however, I'm pretty alarmed that out of the 18-ish players whom were there, only six were cheesenauts.

Any Space Marine Gladius players? 500 points of free razorbacks and drop pod is not uncommon at tournies in a lot of places.

Also, did the tournament have prizes? That often encourages people to go full cheese.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8320 on: February 12, 2017, 01:06:47 pm »

'twas an 'escalation' tournament.
200 kill teams/500 patrol/750 tinyhammer/1000 no SH/GC/MBulwarks.

Gladius would've had some trouble fitting. But it may have.
Also the tournament did have prizes but the 'overall winner' was a combination of paintjob, play results and 'sportsmanship', and everyone ranked the cheese players with an absurdly low sportsmanship which skewed the results some.
Still sad to see them though.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8322 on: February 12, 2017, 06:15:56 pm »

is it just me or does one of the Space Wolves there go "Rawr" with his powerfist/claw?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #8324 on: February 12, 2017, 06:37:42 pm »

Yeah, to be honest, it actually sounds pretty cool, which is why I'm mentioning it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.
Pages: 1 ... 553 554 [555] 556 557 ... 824