Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1030291 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: Happy Fistmas from your friends at the WH40K thread!
« Reply #7920 on: January 05, 2017, 06:56:16 pm »

omg I love the face tentacles

It's probably my second favorite hybrid head coming just after the Tyrant Guard one. Nicked it from a box of Acolytes I bought myself and used it instead of the normal head for the Iconward.

I'm actually really surprised at how may spare arms and heads come in the Acolyte box. I might have to do a flurry of conversions using my Skitarii parts and fluff my army as being one of the cults that's successfully taken over a Forgeworld. A Primus with a mix of augmetics and vile xenos mutations should look really damn cool.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: January 11, 2017, 06:18:38 am »

Anyone know where I can get a full list of archeotech from? The ones I've found have been fragmentary and the one on Lexicanum is...anemic to say the least.

EDIT: Also there's apparently this "Fall of Cadia" thing going on? Anyone know what that's about?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 07:03:55 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: January 11, 2017, 07:08:31 am »

Cadia already fell. This is a rewrite- but by the sounds of it, a good one.
More AoE type dealie, seems.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7923 on: January 11, 2017, 08:39:57 am »

Spoiler: Basically: (click to show/hide)
And that in just one book from a series called "Gathering Storm" or something along the lines... PLOT ADVANCEMENT, BATTLE BROTHERS, PREPARE FOR THE PLOT ADVANCEMENT!

Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: January 11, 2017, 08:54:27 am »

Spoiler: So bascially (click to show/hide)
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7925 on: January 11, 2017, 09:15:19 am »

Spoiler: Basically yes (click to show/hide)
In the end this isint a complete fuckup like AoS or those multiple End Times from FB, as status quo is more or less mantained for now, but its a cool piece of lore that gives hope for some Fun Times.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: January 11, 2017, 12:27:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: January 11, 2017, 01:17:51 pm »

What about all that thing about space wolves going all FURRY RAEG mode and magnus deciding he's relevant again and actualy doing shit? :U
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #7928 on: January 11, 2017, 01:55:42 pm »

Thats TTS.
I always liked the concept of Cadia, but there have always been too many "closest calls" when it was almost lost. With the amount of power here I would think that either Chaos never really comes close or they conquer it outright.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: January 11, 2017, 02:12:17 pm »

What about all that thing about space wolves going all FURRY RAEG mode and magnus deciding he's relevant again and actualy doing shit? :U

Magnus was beaten by Logan Grimnar in combat, the Axe of Morkai Grimnar wields used to be the axe of a khorneate champion before the space wolves melted it down, sanctified it and reforged it, the lingering chaos power in it allowed it to bypass wards Magnus had that made him immune to Imperial weapons.

Despite being driven off, Magnus, his giant army of daemons and the Thousand Sons managed to essentially genocide the natives of Fenris. There are no longer enough Canis Helix compatible humans to support the Space Wolves chapter, dooming them to a slow lingering death similar to the one the Sons themselves suffered. The 1K Sons basically pulled a Prospero on the Wolves as a form of twisted revenge for the death of their own homeworld so long ago. The remaining 1K Sons retreated once Magnus was banished.

What few Wolves remain are implied to be preparing to throw themselves in the path of the Black Crusade.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: January 11, 2017, 02:26:25 pm »

holy shit plot advancement batman

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: January 11, 2017, 03:21:11 pm »

Magnus is written like such a pussy. Can you seriously think of another primarch, daemon-primarch or not, that got beaten by a Space Marine? I'm not sure Magnus has ever succeeded at ANYTHING.

-Curing his legion? Fucked that up.
-Arguing for psykers at the Council of Nikea? Fucked that up.
-Contacting the Emperor? Fucked that up.
-Didn't let himself bargain with Warp Powers? Fucked that up, TWICE.
-Defending Prospero? Fucked that up.
-Fought Leman Russ? Fucked that up.
-Leveraging his daemon form for something tangible? Fucked that up for 10,000 years until now, apparently.

slow lingering death

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving chapter.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:25:41 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: January 11, 2017, 03:24:55 pm »

Magnus is written like such a pussy. Can you seriously think of another primarch, daemon-primarch or not, that got beaten by a Space Marine?
Do you think it's him being written as a pussy, or Wolves fanboying?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: January 11, 2017, 03:26:46 pm »

Magnus is written like such a pussy. Can you seriously think of another primarch, daemon-primarch or not, that got beaten by a Space Marine?
Do you think it's him being written as a pussy, or Wolves fanboying?

He's been written as a failure by multiple authors. So I don't think it's Wolves fanbois so much as some general GWS decision that he should be "the tragic sorcerer", i.e., a total fuckup who only can use magic to fuck himself over. He can read the skein of time like no other, but has that ever helped him even once? No. He's essentially written like Roboute Guillman + Magic. I may hate Space Wolves but holy fuck, at least Leman Russ was written with some balls attached to him.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:29:20 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: January 11, 2017, 03:51:14 pm »

Anyone know where I can get a full list of archeotech from? The ones I've found have been fragmentary and the one on Lexicanum is...anemic to say the least.

EDIT: Also there's apparently this "Fall of Cadia" thing going on? Anyone know what that's about?

It is not like such list exists, because
1) there is FUCKHUEG ammount of them in every rogue trader/dark heresy books/codex mechanicus/30k codexes
2) Archeotech is commonly used as an excuse for plot advancement/making up plot/doing whatever author wants to do, so probably every 1/5 40k stories will have mention of archeotech

Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 824