Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1023537 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Gretchin Sniper unit before actually.
There was.
Except they were called artillery crews. :P
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile

and they don't shoot explosives.
This is fixable. Orks can make anything  explode.

And on the front of MORE DAKKA, not all Orks like that. Tankbusta's are all about that boom boom after all. I simply imagine this as an extension of that.

Or the sniper rifle could just be as accurate as a Imperial weapons and shoots a fuckton of shells.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile

"Generalissimo Solar, the people fear the Ork infestation is growing out of hand, some farmers say they are eating the avacados clean from the trees"

"Savages"
reaches for beltfed stormbolter

This is a short story on how much I hate Dwarf Fortress Orks
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Ork diplomats were only a thing when the Beast was around, isn't it? And ork snipers are prob a blood axes thing, I think, and blood axes are known to be really weird by ork standards anyway (ok with being hired as mercs, use tactics orks shun like tactical retreats and stealth, kommandos, etc).
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile

Alright, I'm going to attempt to shift the topic to something very important and dear to my heart.

The Imperial Guard, balls of steel and all, are my favorite faction by far. So I'm going to ask all of you what about the Guard tickles your metaphorical pickle not even slightly suggestive plant based bundle of nutrients.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

Death Korps.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Each and every Guardsman is nothing more but a weak sack of flesh, blood and bones, uncared for by anyone. They face genetically engineered psychotic killers in power armour that also make use of literal magic, while being on drugs. They face deamons that seem to be ripped out of Hieronymus Bosch painting, squared when it comes to looks, cubed when it comes to deadliness. They face murderous space elves that are better than them in every possible way to the point when their farts smell like roses and their shit is diamonds, yet are likely to torture whoever they capture for literal eternity. They face sentient mushrooms that refuse to die and consider turning people into fine red mist their most favourite pastime. They face ancient skeleton robots that are literally next to impossible to kill with technology that doesn't comply with laws of physics. They face the most vicious zombies that ever happened upon science fiction. They face swarms of lizard-insects that are as countless as stars and the number of sharp appendages they have is twice that. They face magically induced depression, countless ilnesses that melt their flesh off, their shitty equipment and equally shitty luck.
They came from nothing, are nothing and will be nothing, as noone will ever note what they did!
And yet, for thousands of years, Imperial Guard stands fast! For thousand of years, Black Crusades have been defeated! Deamon magic has been defied and proven to not protect against ammased artillery fire! For thousand of years space elves continue to be a dying race thanks to valiant effort of humans! For thousand of years sentient mushrooms are stopped from overtaking the Galaxy! For thousand of years the impossible to kill skeleton robots are being killed! For thousand of years space zombies are keept irrelevant! For thousand of years the swarm is denied the juicy shiny flashlight of Terra! For thousand of years the Guards laugh in the face of all odds, keep fighting despite their deaths being long overdue, use their glorified laser pointers to bring down literal Gods and prove that Lady Luck is their bitch!
FOR THEY COME FROM TERRA, ARE IMPERIAL GUARDSMEN, THEY WILL HOLD THE LINE, AND THEY SHALL BE FOREVER REMEMBERED AS THE EMPERORS FINEST!

TL;DR
Humanity Fuck Yeah.
Also Death Korps.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

Oh cool! I didn't know that Hieronymus (Jeroen) Bosch was famed outside of the Netherlands. His work is really amazing. The cathedral of his home town,
's Hertogenbosch, has sculptures made by him on it's roof arches. They have just been renovated and restored to good shape a few months ago (centuries of acidic rain had degraded them)
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Cadia.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Armageddon...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can't vote twice.
ESPECIALLY if you textwall.
Not okay.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

... Mordia...

I am, in fact, not voting twice.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Away with you.

Also it's something 'about the guard which tickles our fancies'.
I don't know why we're all just saying worlds.

I like their tanks. The good ol' lemming russ. Made to be piloted and gunned with nothing but a combustion engine and manpower. Takes very little training, has zero electronics.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

..Pretoria...

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

... ELYSIA!...

I enjoy the idea of raining men too. But in the end it always seem to come down to one thing - they're regular humans while everyone else is much more, and yet they do it because fuck that noise, we can be heroes too!
Imperial tanks in Wh40k I also like for a very specific reason - they're usually very, very old machines and with the possibility of Machine Spirit being very, very real... I like to think that maybe it's the souls of the dead crews sometimes fused withing the tank and still fighting for the humanity. I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 824