Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1023466 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: WH40K thread: wait, 40K has religious overtones?! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!
« Reply #6750 on: September 30, 2016, 11:58:55 am »

I was comparing it to planet side, it's much better then planetside. Such as actualy playable, I mean it isn't like planetside where there is more grinding then a highschool dance. But in terms of vehicles and combat its like a third person planet side with less lag, less farming, and less grinding. It also has a couple different types of matches. One being a point defense another being basic death match.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: September 30, 2016, 12:11:18 pm »

Uh, I dunno...  I saw a lengthy video review, and I don't think it's fair to compare it to Planetside at all.  It was *going* to have an interesting overworld area, but seems like that got cut for now.

It basically looks like a sequel to Space Marine without anycampaign, which could be cool if you're into match-based arena shooters.  But it doesn't have the cool aspects of Planetside...  At least not for now, that I saw.  Hopefully someday?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: September 30, 2016, 12:21:53 pm »

Yeah, not going to say the comparison to Planetside is legit at this time. Planetside 1 and 2 actually have the meta game, the flow of players, the openness, the fluid-ish action.

Eternal Crusade is an arena shooter with a PVE dungeon mode at this time. The massivity and metagame that was supposed to frame the game is non-existent.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: September 30, 2016, 04:15:53 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6hSES1tlt0

Holy shit Deathwing holy shit flamer HOLY EMPEROR EVERYTHING'S FUCKING DEAD LIGHTNING.

Yeah. I'm a little happy.
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: September 30, 2016, 10:52:12 pm »

Yeah, not going to say the comparison to Planetside is legit at this time. Planetside 1 and 2 actually have the meta game, the flow of players, the openness, the fluid-ish action.

Eternal Crusade is an arena shooter with a PVE dungeon mode at this time. The massivity and metagame that was supposed to frame the game is non-existent.
I never played space marine (had a chance, chose not too like an idiot) I was comparing to something I've played a lot of that I know of...Don't play many video games.

but yeah to be fair there is no meta game or anything like massive battles.
you are right though in your description of it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 10:57:41 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: September 30, 2016, 11:46:42 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6hSES1tlt0

Holy shit Deathwing holy shit flamer HOLY EMPEROR EVERYTHING'S FUCKING DEAD LIGHTNING.

Yeah. I'm a little happy.
Was that a bolter shotgun?
Ok, I'm sold. :P

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6756 on: October 01, 2016, 02:05:35 am »

I am not sure how much sense shotgun-bolter makes. I guess it could work, with a lot of smaller bolts in sabot, but still..
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: October 01, 2016, 02:18:45 am »

Yeah, my reaction to Bolter Shotgun was "of all the weapons you had to shoehorn into a shotgun, you had to pick the bolter." I'd rather it was a cool idea, rather than a gameplay staple that needs an in world justification. But I guess if we have full auto Bolter and Sniper Bolters, Shotgun bolter is the next logical conclusion.

Anyways, Deathwing has my attention. I'm ready to purge in His name. Hoping the game is less Left 4 Dead and more, I dunno, Vermintide I guess? If I end up replaying the same 2 or 3 levels for an eternity, I kind of want a reason to do so. My general impression is that maps are huge, so I guess you go after different objectives in large scale maps? They're not random from what I've read. There's several different tilesets worth of maps, Imperial-themed, Mechanicum-themed, etc...they also talk about blending ships from different eras in the same map. It'll be interesting to see how they handle that, how well they distinguish 30k dankness from 40k dankness.

And it will be nice to finally play a first person 40k shooter that is worth a damn, hopefully. I can't think of one since....Fire Warrior?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 02:27:43 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6758 on: October 01, 2016, 02:41:51 am »

Yeah, my reaction to Bolter Shotgun was "of all the weapons you had to shoehorn into a shotgun, you had to pick the bolter." I'd rather it was a cool idea, rather than a gameplay staple that needs an in world justification. But I guess if we have full auto Bolter and Sniper Bolters, Shotgun bolter is the next logical conclusion.
There's a reason why Astartes Assault Shotgun exists. There's even special Deathwatch Shotgun. Raven Guard has like two special versions of it for themselves too.
I guess it's because any of those would be a bit troublesome to use with Terminator armour, but eh.

they also talk about blending ships from different eras in the same map. It'll be interesting to see how they handle that, how well they distinguish 30k dankness from 40k dankness.
Less skulls compared to more skulls.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: October 01, 2016, 03:14:56 am »

Guess it's a terminator equivalent, yeah.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: October 01, 2016, 04:58:05 am »

I think a bolter shotgun makes more sense than the melta shotgun they had in "Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine". Not that I'm bothered either way but I remember seeing people voicing their objections over that.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: October 01, 2016, 05:46:15 am »

COSTANZA: Jerry, she thought I was a heretic. Not that there's anything wrong with that

SEINFELD: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

George, Kramer, and Jerry are turned on when they listen to a tape recording Elaine made in which she simulates having an orgasm; but when they start developing grotesque mutations, the trio realize they've inadvertently started a Slanneshi cult. Elaine is initially disgusted by them, but at the end of the episode she saves them all by revealing that the recording was actually made by her friend, who is overweight and unattractive.

Wouldn't... wouldn't finding out that the friend was ugly make Slaanesh even stronger?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: October 01, 2016, 12:13:53 pm »

Slaanesh don't judge. Heshit finds erryone appealing.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: October 01, 2016, 01:56:52 pm »

Not sure I completely agree. Slaanesh is all about self-improvement. If you're overweight and unattractive, Slaanesh will help with that....Case in point, in the Damnation of Pythos, Fulgrim/Slaanesh turns a crippled, wasted-away Knight pilot from a wrinkled old man into an statuesque god.

Nurgle is truly the "takes you as you come" Chaos God.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: October 01, 2016, 01:59:27 pm »

Not sure if slaanesh would have an overindulgence/bbw cult too though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 824