Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1032226 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

The Blackened Armour of Frustration.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

In the grim darkness of the forty-first millenium, angry demon wear YOU!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile

I'm just saying maybe it's a bad idea to piss off something which you plan to cover your body with.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless maybe the armor has spikes on it or something that could be used in a lethal manner? What about hand/fist fighting? Swords are a thing apparently, so, fighting using hands/feet should be a thing as well, if likely uncommon.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile

demons hate armor saves
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One emperors children csm who got jealous of not getting phoenix terminator suit during great crusade and heresy sort of crafted his own suit with parts of armour left from his own legion comrades he killed to get crafting parts for his perfect armour suit, machine spirits mixed up in some very evil machine spirit constantly trying to kill him with turning off his arm servo motors during battle, giving him lethal doses of first aid, leading to bad stuff with fake autosenses signatures, switching off life support, turning on boot magnets to leave him unable to move. Dude sort of regret getting terminator armour somewhat.

Now demon would be the same thing but also with voices in your head, armour melding to flesh and growing mouths

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Sounds like he mixed hardwares with barely compatible softwares.
I’m a proponent of the “machine spirits are just VI scrapcode” canon though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

the idea that humanity keeps infecting their machinery with millenia old ai code by not learning it is kind of funny.

really cannot believe that humanity does not have a cannon cult/group that does just that and maps old coding languages.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think the VI scraps thing really holds up personally. Machine spirits are known to have weird interactions with the warp and develop personalities and quirks. Given the fluff for mutilators and legacy weapons I think it's more fair to say that all things have a vague echo of a spirit, it just usually never grows to anything noticeable, in a sort of animistic sense.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

I'd think that they might've started off as A.I. controlling the suits, but due to the worship and belief in the Machine Spirit, along with the effects of Chaos and the warp, has ended up turning the A.I. into what the tech priests believe it is; a tempermental spirit that needs to be placated with specific rituals.

If it wasn't for Daemons wanting to kill things I would think some would be more likely to agree to being bound in armour than others. Nurgle daemons wishing to protect their children, Slaanesh sharing in the pain and pleasure of their host and Tzeentch whispering secrets and advice while changing them directly.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

I think that one "canonical FSM" thing was when a Guardswoman taken slave jumped into daemonically possessed armour that was pissed on it's previous owner, it helped her adapt to itself and then they slayed some serious shit together. Lieutenant Larana Utorian was her name.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think that one "canonical FSM" thing was when a Guardswoman taken slave jumped into daemonically possessed armour that was pissed on it's previous owner, it helped her adapt to itself and then they slayed some serious shit together. Lieutenant Larana Utorian was her name.

Given the effect of the armor on the wearer's personality, though, I'm not sure Larana was a female Space Marine so much as a female quasi-daemonhost. Once she got the armor from Kroeger she didn't do anything but slay, and even he went unusually Khornate for an Iron Warrior. I'll have to find my copy of Storm of Iron, but I think the armor daemon explicitly takes control of Larana, too.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Given the effect of the armor on the wearer's personality, though, I'm not sure Larana was a female Space Marine so much as a female quasi-daemonhost. Once she got the armor from Kroeger she didn't do anything but slay, and even he went unusually Khornate for an Iron Warrior. I'll have to find my copy of Storm of Iron, but I think the armor daemon explicitly takes control of Larana, too.
Well, yes, it's mostly a jab at that she used to be used as an example of FSM for a while. Since gene-seed in females (lewd) is supposedly impossible, and considering she was an actual female (fuck off Slanneshi fucks) and that she wore actual Space Marine armor, she really is about as close as you can get in terms of canon. As far as control goes, I think she retains some control for a while, until a fight with some important Imperial Fist when she loses it.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think she mostly loses control when she puts on the helmet, that's the point she gives in to the Avatar of Khorne* and lets it flood in, the bit where she sells her soul to it for the power to kill Kroeger. The bit where they fought the IF Librarian is when the Avatar decided it was more interested in spending an eternity travelling into other dimensions to kill more stuff in Khorne's honour than it thought it could find in the one reality.

I don't know who's in control when she returned to the 40k Galaxy to return a weapon to another daemon.

*For some reason that's the closest we get to a name for the daemon.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's the best way of killing necrons on the tabletop? Hit and run? Massed armour piercing weapons? Psychic powers?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 824