Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 824

Author Topic: WH40K discussion thread: from Tyran's heart I stab at thee.  (Read 1030244 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer 40K discussion thread: Damned Immateriums, how do they work?
« Reply #1110 on: June 03, 2015, 08:07:32 am »

Honestly, that's a pretty cool idea. Even just as a Tzeentch-worshipper myth. Poor guy.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 03, 2015, 08:09:52 am »

Yeah, it could even provide a feasible plotline for Magnus to follow - going out to gather hard-to-find spells, have his legions of followers obtain copies of every spell they have and bring it to him, in the hope that he could one day wield Tzneetch's crystal staff for himself and take revenge on the great changer for all the shit he pulled on him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 03, 2015, 08:16:47 am »

If Magnus wasn't literally the most useless Primarch since the Unknown Primarch.

Seriously, Ragnar was able to bitch-slap him. The big red dunce ain't worth squat.
Ahriman, however, I am very able to get behind.
He's as ruthless as Kharne without being insane.
As arrogant as Lucien without being creepy.
And a better Psyker than Typhus...

Ok Typhus is pretty darn cool. Other than the whole 'Stab my primarch in the back and doom my entire legion' shebang.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 03, 2015, 08:37:48 am »

In Magnus' defense, the odds were always stacked against him, as in both the Imperium and Chaos worked against him pre-heresy (the whole council of nikea was stacked against the thousand sons by chaos and the misled space wolves + mortarion), and post heresy, with his legion reduced to almost nothing, he still managed to battle the space wolves, disabling even goddamn bjorn the fell handed and almost killing him. Ahriman is just kind of a dick on a power trip, and was the one responsible for ruining the Thousand Sons, and only didn't get killed because Tzeentch stopped magnus from doing it. Its completely justified that he's becoming more and more detached from the physicial universe and hateful of both the imperium and tzeentch.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 03, 2015, 08:49:17 am »

"Ruining" is such a harsh word.
Marines were dropping like flies anyway, and the rubric still gifted all of the survivors with a power boost (which was represented pre-5th by an extra M-level).
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 03, 2015, 11:11:24 am »

Yeah, it just trapped their souls inside their armor and made them like personality-less mummies waiting to be commanded. So not that bad.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:17:50 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 03, 2015, 11:16:42 am »

They're just like GWS employees now, but with more bling!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 03, 2015, 11:17:39 am »

Yeah, it just trapped their souls inside their armor an made them like personality-less mummies waiting to be commanded. So not that bad.

It only did that to the non-psykers though, so the people who actually possess the capability to try and reverse it and repair the damage it was used to prevent all survived and were made more powerful by it.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 03, 2015, 11:20:22 am »

Re: Ahriman.

He's a guy that just refused to believe there wasn't more to be done. Magnus pretty much told him the Rubric wouldn't work, but Ahriman refused to believe it. Even centuries after the Rubric, Ahriman was still convinced he'd missed something, or there was some way to fix the Rubric. He believed it so strongly he was willing to hack fate to get his hands on Magnus's collected thoughts and writings, because he was convinced the answer lay in there somewhere.

Ahriman is one of those exceptionally intelligent individuals who refuses to believe they can't figure something out, given enough time and attempts.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 03, 2015, 01:23:57 pm »

There might actually be something to it, Tzeentch did come down and personally force Magnus not to kill Ahriman. It's not like Tzeentch isn't usually all for people reaping consequences for being complicit in his schemes either.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 03, 2015, 01:36:47 pm »

*cough* Black Library *cough*.

I really need to read the Thousand Sons books. They are my waifus after all.

In other news, I'm thinking about pulling a Pathfinder and doing a re-tooled 5th edition for all those kids who don't wanna shell out for an Imperial Knight.
Thoughts? Might put this in a DakkaDakka thread.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 03, 2015, 10:08:38 pm »

Way I see it is it's better to have the shlong of Imperial glory shoved right in front of your face instead of being shoved down one of your various orifices like Chaos does. There's a giant dick involved in each scenario, it's just that the one dick ends up with you bowing to it in compliance while the other rips you to shreds and adds your biomass to itself to grow bigger.

As if the Emperor doesn't eat people...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 03, 2015, 11:09:58 pm »

The Emperor-phallus only absorbs a few strands of your hair, while the Chaos-dick absorbs all of you.

He only eats psykers, after all.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 04, 2015, 12:14:04 am »

Depends on your perspective. You might lay the lives and sacrifices of millions upon millions of serfs, slaves, servitors, soldiers and common people at his feet as well. If the Imperium is the Emperor, and the Emperor is the Imperium, he's directly or indirectly responsible for millions upon millions of lives lost each day. Psykers are a drop of water in the bucket when you factor in all the suffering the Imperium requires to continue functioning. If you expand that to mental anguish, instead of just straight up death and torture...billions upon billions writhe in agony in tune with every twitch the Emperor on the Golden Throne, daily.

And yet....I'd still take suffering in a human organization over suffering in an inhuman one. And I'd take suffering in an inhuman system over suffering in an extra-dimensional system. Reality is Hell, but I'm pretty sure Chaos is even worse.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 12:24:29 am by nenjin »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 04, 2015, 12:31:30 am »

A lot of people in the imperium suffer, true, but that's the price they pay so that many, many more people could lead decent lives. Not fantastic ones maybe, but decent. The price of living a peaceful civilian life protected from the aliens and cultists that'd like to rape your eyesockets and eat your children is payed with bodies and (mostly guardsmen) blood.

It could be better, of course, with a more efficient imperium. But it could also be a lot worse.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 824