Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Law-giver vampire  (Read 926 times)

higgypig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Law-giver vampire
« on: June 26, 2014, 10:45:42 am »

A human vampire diplomat arrived at my fort a year ago, however he refuses to meet with my baron/mayor. He likes to hang out in my temples and other statue gardens and doesnt seem interested in diplomacy, is there a way to get him to leave without killing him?

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Law-giver vampire
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:09:06 pm »

If you haev a caged Goblin try to scare him by letting it free beside him. Just have your military around to finnisht ath gobbo before it runs away.

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:11:57 pm »

Or just kill him. War with the humans doesn't necessarily follow after one diplomat dies.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:13:49 pm »

Diplomacy is a very low-priority job. Try burrowing your mayor and your baron in their respective offices and see if the diplomat deigns to join them.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2014, 01:32:49 pm »

Heh... I have a law-giver demon that showed up pretending to be a deity, acting as a human diplomat.  It's a giant ass with spring green scales... sounds minty fresh.

What is it with humans taking advice from any old wandering monster?  Tallboys are just stupid.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 01:49:04 pm »

It's a giant ass with spring green scales...

Nothing more needs to be said.
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 05:19:15 pm »

I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Panando

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 09:40:00 pm »

oh dear Armok! that's absolutely hilarious! please no-one draw it :D.
Punch through a multi-z aquifer in under 5 minutes, video walkthrough. I post as /u/BlakeMW on reddit.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 02:35:49 am »

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 11:18:03 am »

I had a Human Diplomat that came, that was of the Vampire persuasion. He killed one of my children, so I sent my military after him. Turns out he is a Pikemaster, and we were having great difficulty in killing him until a random marksdwarf ran in and shot him in the heart.

He fled into the finished goods stockpile, and bled all over my priceless stone mugs.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!