Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blitz's Card Game Thread  (Read 1844 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz's Card Game Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 02:42:58 pm »

A while back, I had an idea for a card game, which went like this;
You'd have a 'Hero' card of sorts, which determined win condition and would have some special ability to help you achieve this. The game was mostly point-based, with a generic win condition being something like 'Reach 50 points'. Points could be gained in a variety of ways, including using your 'Hero's ability, destroying your opponents monster, and, if you were truly desperate, discarding. Monsters and support cards would be activated/summoned by using those very points you're trying to accumulate to win. They'd have 2 stats, an 'attack' stat, and a 'health' stat, which worked somewhat like in M: tG, in tht you had to deal this much damage to kill a monster. There would also be a cost stat, which also determined how many points you get for destroying that monster.
Has something like this been done before? If not, any criticism?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 02:48:01 pm »

Here's a traditional 52-card deck game: Alternative Rules Go-fish.

1. Get tired, high, or drunk.
2. Deal out a random number of cards to each player.
3. Split remaining cards into n piles.
4. Everyone may see everyone else's cards.
5. On your turn, you ask for whatever you like. The other players may then give you either a random card, or nothing at all. Or maybe what you asked for.
6. You may draw a card at any time.
7. The ancient win condition agreed upon years ago by my brother and I still stands: He whose gonads shatter first, loseth.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 02:50:49 pm »

Here's a traditional 52-card deck game: Alternative Rules Go-fish.

1. Get tired, high, or drunk.
2. Deal out a random number of cards to each player.
3. Split remaining cards into n piles.
4. Everyone may see everyone else's cards.
5. On your turn, you ask for whatever you like. The other players may then give you either a random card, or nothing at all. Or maybe what you asked for.
6. You may draw a card at any time.
7. The ancient win condition agreed upon years ago by my brother and I still stands: He whose gonads shatter first, loseth.
10/10, Game of the Year.
Blows all other card games out of the water. It's so deep and meaningful, but at the same time it's so simple.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 02:03:26 am »

So, any comments on the system?
Also, can anybody recommend me any good online card games?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2014, 01:30:48 pm »

So, any comments on the system?
Also, can anybody recommend me any good online card games?
No? Nothing?
This is also a bump.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »

It appears card games are not very popular on Bay12.
Whatever.
Also, bump.

Comrade Shamrock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2014, 07:42:05 am »

I play 25, go fish and try to play poker. Snap is good too. Though trying to find people willing to play where I am is hard.
Pages: 1 [2]