Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57478 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #795 on: July 05, 2014, 08:22:55 pm »

Maybe you have to save it from something to gain its trust?

Feed it, wash it (if applicable), give it a bed, bring out a toy to play with. An just be an owner.

Imagine Sims pets, but in a mmorpg. When your not busy with you guild or adventuring just interact with your animal/pet.

Could be a good group event if players want.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 05, 2014, 08:25:19 pm »

I don't mind how it's done without magic. But we were the ones who chose limited support magic items only. A magical enslavement collar is way beyond that.

And to use your SAO example, notice that red players were hunted and imprisoned regularly if people didn't outright kill them in retaliation for the crimes they committed. The fact that people will die doesn't mean that people will treat it differently.
If you kill them in the game you kill them for real that makes you a very real murderer the fact that it's going to happen doesn't change that. People will die every day for real doesn't mean murder is ok it's no different in the game.

More of my characters are more the criminal types then good types, my initial background for this character was a criminal type so that she could just ignore any crimes you guys commit but since that one was rejected I swapped to using this one and this one is based off me.
If I knew you were enslaving or killing or stealing from people for real then I would turn you in, so my character in the game will do the same.

My plan was to capture the animal myself in a humane manner, feed it, care for it, take it out on hunting trips with me and generally bond with it over time to tame it. You could beat an animal into obedience that would be a much quicker solution if you don't want to tame it or buy an animal thats bean beaten into obedience then it'll obey anyone but then it won't be loyal and if it sees the chance it'll go for your throat.
But you can't buy an animal thats tame and have it be tame for you, it's tame for it's tamer not for a random guy it's never met for you at best it would be wary and borderline disobedient. Taming a wild animal into a willing partner isn't mean to be quick or easy.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:28:03 pm by PewdsRocks »
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 05, 2014, 08:32:56 pm »

Pewd we cannot control what we don't see.  I doubt the GM will put up a post saying "2000 died today of starvation because of xyz reasons. An now for some music!". Point is us, the players, fighting and adventuring to free us all from the game.

People half train animals and then sell them to be retrained by there new owners. Happens all the time.
Stop being yourself and do fantasy. No good guy or bad guy just a survivalist or something interesting for you. You can be a upstanding citizen girl, be different when interacting in a fantasy.

I'm sorry but I just don't get that...herself in the game thing.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 05, 2014, 08:34:43 pm »

I normally do, but putting myself into a totally different setting to see how I'd react in different situations is very interesting to me.
And besides you don't need to see it if people start being murdered or being enslaved word will get around very quickly.

I didn't say you couldn't buy an animal just not one who would be tame for you.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:38:26 pm by PewdsRocks »

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 05, 2014, 08:44:02 pm »

I normally do, but putting myself into a totally different setting to see how I'd react in different situations is very interesting to me.

And besides you don't need to see it if people start being murdered or being enslaved word will get around very quickly.

"Hey did you hear about that OK guild laughing coffin killing people? Apparently they took out a Ranking member of the Black sons while she was teaching newbies some basics.."

Me: "Where did that happen?"

"Pewdy land"

"I'll avoid the place thanks man /gives dukes and moves on".

Oh wow how terrifying. Plus won't our actions be the real indicator as to how the world will become?

For example: Legally scamming a Guild of its gold and then guild going on a killing spree to get stuff back?

Or Lyeos doing dungeon level 3 an causing a totally new level to be open for all players?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 05, 2014, 08:47:45 pm »

A scam by definition can not be legal. But in that eventuality my characters position would be whoever did the scam gets time in prison then released whoever went killing gets a permanent cell until the game ends or old age kills them.

Our actions will certainly have effects but the game has 500,000 players. We're not going to have that big of an impact on peoples behavior. I'm not gonna go out of my way to hunt down criminals but if I come across people doing something illegal I'm not going to just ignore it.
Unless they harm somebody close to me in which case I'm going to hunt them down. split them open then peg them out in the forest for the animals.

I'm not a vigilante but I do believe in human decency and laws. And revenge. Besides one of us should try not to be a criminal.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 08:54:01 pm by PewdsRocks »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 05, 2014, 08:55:20 pm »

I'll that that.

Btw on my previous post switch on with pk guild, am that's what I want.

Did say how much I hate auto correct? Fuck the count or dick who came up with it.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 05, 2014, 08:58:43 pm »

I can agree with that whole heartedly, the number of times it's screwed me up when I was on my phone.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 05, 2014, 09:04:54 pm »

I can agree with that whole heartedly, the number of times it's screwed me up when I was on my phone.

+1

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 05, 2014, 09:09:42 pm »

If you want to tame a particular animal I can help you do it.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 05, 2014, 09:13:35 pm »

If you want to tame a particular animal I can help you do it.

Dog.

But I just want a companion than I do a hunting dog or combat dog. Something my character can just come back to and hug. Again I'll probably be getting a pre trained one cause I intend to have a busy character. Not a do it all but more of a...think a lot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 05, 2014, 09:14:50 pm »

Now I want a ninja pet for my character. Like a snake. Or a Kangaroo.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 05, 2014, 09:15:22 pm »

Or a slightly smaller ninja.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 05, 2014, 09:15:50 pm »

Or a slightly smaller ninja.
Can I get a halfling archer?  :D
Take a closer look at this text!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 05, 2014, 09:16:27 pm »

Or two much smaller ninja disguised as a slightly smaller ninja.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 89