Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57472 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #750 on: July 05, 2014, 10:38:58 am »

Okay. Cool.
So, heavy feet would increase friction or something?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: July 05, 2014, 12:48:04 pm »

You know, the Real Person backstory is probably more important. We'll be playing as them, after all. Anyone's character who, in this life and death situation, goes on about "my people don't get along with elves" is a SERIOUSLY hardcore RPer.
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Does every bard ability need its own skill slot? Like, "The one that does this buff," "the one that does that debuff"?
Next, this;
What exactly is pyrotechnics supposed to do?
Stage Construction wouldn't exactly be a skill. More Stage Building, since you're 'building' the stage.
What is Substance Tolerance supposed to do?
From what I understand with your jamming skill, it isn't a skill. Unless you mean combining buffs with another bard-type character for even greater buffs?
You understand correctly about jamming, though I doubt we'll run into another bard-type. Substance tolerance is similar to drinking, but for drugs: it takes more to affect him. Truth be told, I ran out of ideas after #5. I'll just assume if we ever encounter fireworks or something he'll know how to set them up. Didn't we say a couple pages ago that heavy armor was a skill?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: July 05, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »

I don't recall saying that, no.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: July 05, 2014, 12:58:48 pm »

Oh, it was Lyeos. Hmm, well I need another skill then.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: July 05, 2014, 12:59:42 pm »

Oh, it was Lyeos. Hmm, well I need another skill then.
Actually, it was you.
I was just arguing with Pewds a bit.
I think your compromise was what we went with, though.
Take a closer look at this text!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: July 05, 2014, 01:04:10 pm »

Well, to replace it, if need be, I'm thinking either:

-Junk food master (create something disgusting yet edible from any scraps)
-Busker (Can get small money for playing)
-Pack mule

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: July 05, 2014, 01:15:39 pm »

Uhh...
Mind sjowing me a quote? I don't actually remember any of this.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: July 05, 2014, 01:47:52 pm »

Armor probably isn't a skill in this, it requires no skills to wear something just the physical strength to endure it's weight.

NINJEDIT beat me to it.
On a side note, it's not so much pants a size too small as large pieces of metal that likely will restrict your movement, but whatever. I mean, sure, you can argue that light/medium armor wouldn't take one, but when you're basically a walking tank... You're gonna need some time to get used to it if you expect to dodge or twist so attacks glance off/don't wreck you, given the probable size of higher-tier enemies.
Then again, being a game, there's no point even bothering, as it's just more work for Blitz to describe what happens in a fight.

Again, I'm not saying you >can't< use it, just that whoever doesn't have the skill would get a penalty for using it somehow or just not get a bonus that someone that is gets.
I'd say heavy tank armor should require a skill. Knights needed practice to get used to how the armor altered their balance. However, I don't think we should have the DnD bullshit where the warrior gets a penalty because he doesn't know how to wear studded leather.

Follow the quotes for the full conversation.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: July 05, 2014, 01:54:17 pm »

Okay. Never said if it was a skill or no, though.
Hmm...
Perhaps it would be a skill that has a 'combo' that allows you to move into a position for minimal damage? I dunno.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: July 05, 2014, 02:21:15 pm »

Well you could just put a high strength and con requirement on heavy and super heavy armors. Using it without those requirements already comes with a penalty anyway so it does exactly the same thing missing a skill would do just without giving you 2 separate sets of requirements for 1 piece of gear.

Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 05, 2014, 02:25:46 pm »

I'll Pm you my sheet on Monday.

Modem burned out after a storm. Right now I'm on my phone and the grammar will be so look bad.

Again DNA is this thread active. O.o

Another 2 pages are up after I went to sleep.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 05, 2014, 02:27:45 pm »

51 pages in, what, 9 days?
Yes, this thread is active.
Also, should pets and mounts be a thing?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 05, 2014, 02:29:46 pm »

In what way? Pets like Silica's little dragon Pino who can do a bit of minor healing and has no significant effect? Or pets like hunters tamed pets in WOW that are powerful fighters closer to if not superior to players in there own right?

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 05, 2014, 02:32:03 pm »

I was thinking more Pina, unless you can somehow figure out the system for taming/capturing/getting 'pets' and then get one of the higher level ones.

God only knows if you find out how to tame the bosses.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: July 05, 2014, 02:34:20 pm »

The bosses aren't really animals though they were all at least semi humanoid or far to intelligent. As for taming normal animals, that would require a skill to accomplish but I can think of a way to make it work pretty easily just using systems from other games to see how they balanced it.

Off the top of my head you've made the system already for recruiting people. Animals react to your behavior as much as people do so I'd assume it'd need you to first be able to subdue the animal then a period of time to bring the animal under your control depending on your behavior towards the individual animal.
That is effectively how dogs became tame over generations, or how predators like Lions and Wolves that are bred and raised away from the wilds become tame towards those who raised them. It's all a matter of behavior.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:36:36 pm by PewdsRocks »

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 89