Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57421 times)

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #720 on: July 04, 2014, 10:28:48 pm »

It ain't really random, your in a predefined place and we won't all be together anyway from what I discussed with Blitz.

Races have individual starting locations or you have a big neutral location I doubt we all choose neutral so we'll be spread out, my back story wasn't actually tragic lol the mystery bit I had in it has nothing to do with tragedy of any kind.
Kinda for that exact reason, people always assume mystery means tragedy.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 04, 2014, 10:30:41 pm »

Mind sharing what you've discussed for the rest of us?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 04, 2014, 10:32:56 pm »

The majority of it is in this, I just asked for specifics about my character, how much my weapons weighed, what stats did, how the guild system works, teleports for major towns and so on. Pretty much all of it is in this thread already.

A good 50% of it was me bouncing skill ideas of him to decide on the 10 I wanted.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 04, 2014, 10:49:49 pm »

Races have individual starting locations or you have a big neutral location I doubt we all choose neutral so we'll be spread out.
Well, see anybody that's in the neutral area! The game-game character's backstory makes more sense for him to not be in a location for his race, having accidentally killed people.

my back story wasn't actually tragic lol the mystery bit I had in it has nothing to do with tragedy of any kind.
Kinda for that exact reason, people always assume mystery means tragedy.
What? I don't think anyone thought there was any relation to some sort of tragic event behind your character's mysterious ways.  :-\

The majority of it is in this, I just asked for specifics about my character, how much my weapons weighed, what stats did, how the guild system works, teleports for major towns and so on. Pretty much all of it is in this thread already.
Not to be rude, but a few things we've brought up or discussed you've said you already talked to Blitz about partway in. Having known you'd discussed things with him would've saved everyone a lot of trouble and kept the thread smaller.  :-\ I mean, the different starting areas thing, which is a pretty big deal, wasn't even brought up until HugoLuman mentioned the randomly meeting thing. It would be nice to know these things.

So, how does the guild system work, and what's this about teleports?
Take a closer look at this text!

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 04, 2014, 10:53:18 pm »

Teleports is the same as in say WOW you have hearthstones, it's just a magic way of returning to towns or going from one town to another in a different area quickly.

As for the guild, it's been explained already all I asked in relation to it was how you handle recruitment and him telling me that you have to persuade people based on your own merit and then if you do something that goes against it later they could do anything from politely quitting to a full scale civil war in the guild to oust you.
As you would expect of real players if you lie to or trick them.

The different areas I thought was kinda obvious. Every MMO in recent history has used that system.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 04, 2014, 10:55:13 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 02:53:50 pm by PewdsRocks »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 04, 2014, 10:58:37 pm »

The different areas I thought was kinda obvious. Every MMO in recent history has used that system.
Some, not all.
And again, this is a forum game.
Yes, it's based on the MMO whatnot, but...
There is literally no reason for us, the PCs, to encounter each other or team up if we start in different areas unless some severe railroading happens.  :-\
You underestimate the willingness of people in forum games to avoid plot.
Like, not even kidding, my character argued with a God for several pages in another game because she wanted to to somewhere else to learn magic - and the place she wanted to go was several hundred miles in the opposite direction of where they needed to go.  :-\

I'm not saying it's a bad idea.
I'm just saying it's gonna take something big to get everyone together and to team up.
Take a closer look at this text!

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 04, 2014, 11:00:17 pm »

Well the game is based off MMO's I did point out to all of you multiple times it's being built off of MMO's and will carry quite a lot of MMO systems in it. My new background ok?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 04, 2014, 11:00:55 pm »

It's better.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 04, 2014, 11:01:54 pm »

Well it's only downside will be a bigger issue for the rest of you then for me this characters personality is totally different from the other one.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:08:28 pm by PewdsRocks »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 04, 2014, 11:22:58 pm »

Well it's only downside will be a bigger issue for the rest of you then for me this characters personality is totally different from the other one.

Didn't you say earlier today that you didn't want to play?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: July 04, 2014, 11:53:48 pm »

I sorted my problem with Blitz for the most part. It was mostly a mechanics problem but he suggested ways around it. Not ideal but it works.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 11:57:49 pm by PewdsRocks »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 05, 2014, 12:18:13 am »

I agree we should all meet up at the start. Also, I imagine that the conventions of a VR MMO that players will be unable to leave for potentially weeks would be somewhat different than today's online games.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 05, 2014, 12:31:26 am »

The basic game wouldn't really change much it's still an MMO. They get more advanced but the basics tend to stay quite similar.

How people act in it would change a lot though.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 05, 2014, 12:55:51 am »

Might not need grinding to keep people playing, since they're stuck there until either death or the end-point. And dying to get out early just kills you.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 89