Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57487 times)

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #705 on: July 04, 2014, 05:42:58 pm »

Huh how is the person a Mary Sue? I basically said from the time I started talking in this game that I was going to make this exact character. Nobody had any problems with it at all until now.

... the entire reason I explained it then so if people had a problem I could edit it but nobody said anything.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 04, 2014, 05:54:10 pm »

And this is what I meant, I've just said I'm willing to change it. You've said you have a problem with it.
But then you won't explain what the actual problem is. Mary Sue can mean any of about 50 million different things.

Seriously people online are such infants, when people want you to help them improve things you have nothing to say then when they don't like what you've decided on because they wouldn't help they're  happy to complain about it.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 04, 2014, 05:57:04 pm »

And this is what I meant, I've just said I'm willing to change it. You've said you have a problem with it.

But then you won't explain what the actual problem is. Mary Sue can mean any of about 50 million different things.
I was going to let kj handle it, but he seems to not be on right now.

There wasn't a problem when you were speaking of becoming a leader of a guild.
The Mary Sueness comes from your character being a superduperamazingbest gamer that's also ohsovery mysterious. She doesn't seem to have any flaws, either.
In vague terms.
Still gonna let kj handle it because I'm bad with words.
Take a closer look at this text!

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 04, 2014, 06:01:19 pm »

I did also mention several times before now that I was going to make my character a big time gamer girl as well. The mystery bit is because I have no idea what else to make her at the moment so it leaves it nice and open for me for when I have some ideas for it.

I was going to design her off of me but almost 2/3 of my characters skills don't fit so I tossed that idea out the window.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 04, 2014, 06:18:47 pm »

So my sheets done but obviously needs looking at.

Suggestions? GM rulings?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 04, 2014, 07:09:25 pm »

What Lyeos said. And big time gamer girl doesn't mean she's some hyper gamer.

And no, not two Mary Sues in this game. If there seems to be I'll complain.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 04, 2014, 08:28:47 pm »

I appear to have somehow missed the character sheets. Oops.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 04, 2014, 08:40:07 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
Are block and heavy armor skills?
Heres my sheet if you want to cannibalise it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 04, 2014, 08:52:47 pm »

Thank you. I'll get to work straight away.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 04, 2014, 10:19:51 pm »

Criticism noted, I'll figure out a different background. I may go back to my original plan and use myself as a template but you'll probably still have the same complaint my life ain't exactly been a hardship and the game bit stays pretty similar.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:22:57 pm by PewdsRocks »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 04, 2014, 10:22:28 pm »

"Some person who gets stuck in a life-and-death game" sounds compelling enough already. Not everyone needs piles of woe before the main disaster.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 04, 2014, 10:23:20 pm »

I don't like playing as card board characters though the background gives them a personality and WOW and KOTOR have been pretty big parts of my life since I was a kid. I made a lot of good friends and a few great ones on them and still do.

I've been seriously big in WOW and KOTOR always in top guilds always in the ranks of core raiders and officer positions and won my fair share of individual, team and guild pvp tournaments. A hardcore gamer girl is a mild understatement compared against me I took my responsibilities very seriously when I was put forward for tournaments by my guild.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 04, 2014, 10:24:22 pm »

I don't care about your life being easy. And you don't have to completely change it. Maybe downgrade it to being in some smaller tournaments, winning some of them and maybe getting job offers from some decently sized companies?

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 04, 2014, 10:26:33 pm »

I'm gonna toss out the job offers entirely. Testing will stay because thats real and something I still do but I don't want to throw away the other background so I'm just going to remove it and work it into a different character another time.

I have most of this background ready already anyway because I made it last week intended for this before I changed my mind so I can finish it up pretty easily and it does cover a wider range of things then this one does which in an MMO setting is pretty good.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 04, 2014, 10:27:02 pm »

Ninja'd

I mean, it seems odd such a big-name player would encounter a bunch of nobodies like us right off the bat.

You can have a tragic backstory if you want, but tragedy isn't the only way to make your character's backstory more interesting.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 89