Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57306 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2014, 09:59:49 pm »

I'm going to cook our enemies into the food.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2014, 10:00:25 pm »

Remind me never to eat in your establishment.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 28, 2014, 10:02:11 pm »

I'm going to cook our enemies into the food.
Devouring the flesh of your foes is the only proper thing to do.

I'm wondering, then, if mine would be able to combine the potion making and archery... Hmm...
I must think of a reasonable way to make this work.
Take a closer look at this text!

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 28, 2014, 10:04:12 pm »

Thats pretty simple to do.

Explosive arrows, poison arrows, paralysis arrows, fire arrows.

Maybe make it a multi shot thing so you can combine different types of arrows for different effects.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 28, 2014, 10:04:53 pm »

Thats pretty simple to do.

Explosive arrows, poison arrows, paralysis arrows, fire arrows.
All at once, then, if it's a finisher-thingummy.
Or at least in rapid succession.

Edit: And I see you edited that in.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2014, 10:05:53 pm »

Well I was thinking more of you hit precise spots with special arrows for increased effect, or you could just combo 2-3 types of arrows 1 after another. You have to keep to whats possible and firing 5 arrows at once ain't possible.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 28, 2014, 10:07:14 pm »

"Multishot" implies firing them all at once.
I added the second bit because it's more realistic.
That said, it's no different from just doing that normally.
Unless it's all rolled for in one turn.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2014, 10:08:33 pm »

I meant multi shot as in multiple shots one after another at high speed.

Every single skill shown from this system was humanly possible they just required some serious skill.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 28, 2014, 10:12:21 pm »

Every single skill shown from this system was humanly possible they just required some serious skill.
I just looked at what you're wanting, and...

Blocking that massive blade with two significantly smaller swords,  done by someone much weaker than the thing wielding it, then dual wielding blades that size, swinging them that rapidly, and putting that much power behind them?

No.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2014, 10:15:30 pm »

Actually Kirito almost never blocked directly. He used his weapon to redirect blows so they slid past him instead of hitting him most of the time or he evaded them entirely.

The few times he blocked directly the blows forced him to the ground most of the time and still hurt him.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 28, 2014, 10:18:39 pm »

What is this I don't even.
Sorry, no. His sword would break, and he would be dead. Blocking something that size with those swords would never work, if you want to stick with realism.  :-\

Not to mention the other obviously impossible aspects.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 28, 2014, 10:20:46 pm »

And that right there is why I oppose other playable races.

Because then your right back to the restrictions otherwise if you choose the race you like and it doesn't fit the skills you like your punished for it, for example. I might like to be an ork rogue. The Ork race would never give bonuses to it so every elf on the planet would make a better rogue then me.
Not necissarily. You'd be able to recover more from botched stealth attacks as you can both take more damage, and deal more due to your physique. Assuming thats the racial bonuses of course.

Humans are effectively a big walking disadvantage because no matter what your trying to make somebody else is going to do it better.
But theres also that big thing of humans generally being numerous and in groups. They become a Jack-of-All Trades race which can cover the other bases in a mixed race group that are overlooked. And in a group of just humans, your generally never short on someone who can be half decent at something you need.

But Starburst Stream is still the most powerful skill in the game. I mean, seriously, he killed a Boss with it. Admittedly, it was damaged already, but still.
This was partially due to him NOT being interupted during such a long combo. Thats its major disadvantage, and a big one of all sword skills. Theres a delay of inability to due more skills after, AND your vulnerable to other attacks if others don't guard you.

My thoughts on attacks:

High damage skills should be single target, and have a big disadvantage to their use.

Anything that hits multiple targets should either do lower damage than most skills, or be elemental based in someway that it does low damage to most things, but high damage to others.

Also still to be debated I THINK:
Ranged Weapons- Yes or No? How to balance?
Races Purely Cosmetic- Yes or No? NPC's only?
Magic- Minor Support like Healing, Light, and Minor Buffs? Items like Potions and Crystals only? Fantasy Weapon/Armor Materials?

PPE:
What is this I don't even.
Sorry, no. His sword would break, and he would be dead. Blocking something that size with those swords would never work, if you want to stick with realism.  :-\
That would depend on the force of the blow, the material of both weapons, and many other factors such as strength, mass, etc.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 28, 2014, 10:23:46 pm »

Oh, in that clips it's easy to explain.

Your missing the context of those weapons. The black one is a demon class sword which is one of the most powerful in the game that you can get from enemy drops. The blue one is equal to it in strength because it was created using a magic ore that has immense endurance and forged by a master smith.

When he first went to get a second sword he tested a normal one on the demon one by swinging the normal one onto the demon sword which was nose end on a desk and held out from it so that it should have broken his sword but the one he was testing was snapped.
His 2 sword are all but indestructible.

I meant realism as in what your character can do not realism as in what the equipment is capable of. A person can't fit 4 arrows to a bow with 2 hands, hold them in place then fire them all in 1 shot. It's a physical impossibility.

Ranged weapons were accepted already and races and magic was declined.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 10:26:05 pm by PewdsRocks »

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 28, 2014, 10:25:29 pm »

Okay. How about this then? His arms would break. A quick look at the size of that thing puts it well beyond what he would be able to handle while still maintaining a grip on his swords, if we're going for realism, which is the excuse that keeps being presented to keep ranged weaponry as a bad way to go, and even then...

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 28, 2014, 10:26:56 pm »

That would be why he lost health in blocking the hit. In games you don't get broken bones you lose part of your hp bar. Which he did.

Which is why in the entire show you almost never seem him directly block an attack.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 89