Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57353 times)

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #915 on: July 06, 2014, 07:48:01 pm »

You mean I'd have to share? You know what women are like with shiny things   8) .

And it strikes me that you have more to gain then I do given that I can identify rare ores at 20 meters and you can only do it by digging and hoping.

So I suppose it would depend on why your coming with me.

He'd be coming along since he has no idea what an MMO is like. This is his first time playing one, so he figured that it would be best to party with someone that knows what they're doing.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 06, 2014, 07:50:11 pm »

Hmmm, 2 people mining would speed things up.

1 thing unholy, I don't buy critters that were injured. Captured humainly only.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 06, 2014, 07:53:01 pm »

There better be dinosaurs in this. Because rule of cool.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 06, 2014, 07:55:06 pm »

Do dragons count? Because sooner or later a dragon is going to be sitting on the shiny ore I want and I have no objection to you playing hide and seek with it while I take the ore.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 06, 2014, 07:55:56 pm »

Feel free to steal him NAV, Or maybe blitz will put him in as an NPC adventurer, if i find him he aint ever leaving my party.

Seriously, character like that would get kidnapped so fast it aint funny, big guilds who want powerful rare items would be fighting over him constantly.

Hmmm, 2 people mining would speed things up.

1 thing unholy, I don't buy critters that were injured. Captured humainly only.
Yeah no worries on that front, im less likely to harm them than you are.
Unless i use bear traps... that might fall into your inhumane capture methods.

By injured i assume you mean taking them to red health?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 06, 2014, 07:59:54 pm »

Injured means any harm at all. Catch it using a net or sleeping drugs or something.

Just so your aware though, I'm only interested in canine and feline animals. Not normal cats obviously but Leopards, Panthers, Wolves and Puma's. Those 3 are what I want the most by far the more of them you can find me the better. Every member of my guild will have a minimum of 1 of those animals with her.

If Elves wants to join I might take females for me as I planned to make my blade dancers and recruit men to use as our defensive line to support him. If you wanna come with me do you wanna join my guild and have your own pets Elves?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:01:53 pm by PewdsRocks »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 06, 2014, 08:01:56 pm »

How would she know of she's not there?

As long as it's not physically mauled that you can see bite marks it's neck it'll be good.

I'm also assuming she isn't going to cheat and make decisions on what happens that's not around her character. That's be gay.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 06, 2014, 08:03:50 pm »

If he hurts it to capture it then it will leave some wound on it so unless he's then going to pay somebody to treat it to remove all it's wounds and signs of wounds which would then mean he had to charge more and probably end up with me just finding my own it's more cost effective for him not to harm it.
Plus I have detection and Appraisal as skills meaning I'm very very good at noticing small signs around me or on things I'm looking at, it's how I'm able to locate rare ores with such efficiency I combine those 2 skills.
I'm pretty sure I'd notice recent wounds.

I have the skills to capture them myself if I need to but if he can capture them in an acceptable manner it gives me more time for mining and I can trade equipment for the animals. It'd probably be more efficient for both of us that way especially if I find some ores that are particularly durable.
A tank could certainly find uses for armor that takes the mother of all beatings without a dent.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 08:09:28 pm by PewdsRocks »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 06, 2014, 08:09:04 pm »

I thought were using bars and not visuals as our damage meters. If we are, all he has to do is get it treated with a potion.

Than, sell it to you.

Did you know every meat you eat was systematically raised and killed? An that the vegetables you eat could have been taken away from farms that had to cut back on something so they decided feed had to go?

The world isn't pretty you animal lover, get over it. Jeez this is why I really don't like ppl playing themselves, they become a freaking white knight.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 06, 2014, 08:09:57 pm »

So your'e lifting the female only guild rule? Or is my guy gonna be one of those guild contracter thingy's who aren't part of the core structure?

Sure i might consider it, might be nice to have a dedicated elvish phalanx buddy to help me steal dinosaur eggs.

Whats your stance on robbing nests by the way?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 06, 2014, 08:15:26 pm »

It kind of depends on the 2 of you.
Your both tanks which is very useful to me since my all female guild was to be all blade dancers and then just hire defenders from other guilds to tank for us when we need it, but if you 2 want to join I can always recruit men to form the defensive units.

As for animal used for food? They're killed in a manner which prevents them from suffering, they don't even feel it. I don't love the idea but I can accept it. Beating animals on the other hand is just cruel and I can't accept.

Depends what your robbing it for, to have fried dinosaur egg then no, to raise them ourselves as companions to fight with us I have no issues with it as long as you don't kill the parents in the process. Or at least if you have no choice that you kill it quickly and don't make it suffer.

The 3 of us all have smithing skills and mining skills as well which is very useful in a guild and would save us needing to buy in equipment. Mine is more refined then the 2 of you since you have general smithing where as mine is weapon and armor individually but that just means I'd forge our gear and the officers gear since I can do it to a higher standard more easily while the 2 of you do the rest.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 06, 2014, 08:16:35 pm »

Twenty meters is a bit of a stretch...

As for animal used for food? They're killed in a manner which prevents them from suffering, they don't even feel it. I don't love the idea but I can accept it. Beating animals on the other hand is just cruel and I can't accept.
I was under the impression we would have to hunt the animals we eat in this.
Sometimes, they have to bleed out, you know...
Take a closer look at this text!

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 06, 2014, 08:16:45 pm »

I just want dinosaurs in the game because dinosaurs are cool.

GENERATION 29:

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 06, 2014, 08:17:51 pm »

Thats what Blitz decided for it, even if it's smaller it changes nothing I'd still take exactly the same amount of time to do all the mining anyway.

Don't bring up that barbaric religious practice with me. I accept other peoples religious beliefs but that doesn't mean I like it.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 06, 2014, 08:22:18 pm »

So cruelty dissent mean anything if they don't feel it.
I'll make a nite if that thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 89