Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57449 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #465 on: June 30, 2014, 05:05:51 am »

Currently just starting, a lot of the stuff decided here was absolutely essential. I had a few things done beforehand, though.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 30, 2014, 05:48:51 am »

Will skills exist to enhance the ability to read people, to simulate some people being better then others.
Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 30, 2014, 07:44:02 am »

Nope. You're going to have to figure out yourself what means what for each person.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 30, 2014, 08:07:59 am »

And so we should.

Making too many superfluous rolls causes increased strain on the GM and makes them burn out faster.

Less rolls = more updates = happier players
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 30, 2014, 09:21:43 am »

So what did we end up deciding on for classes?

Equipment sets, main + sub, or something else?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 30, 2014, 09:36:53 am »

Swordsman, Heavy weapons (Pikes, 2H swords, Halberds, 2h weapons), and Light weaponry (Daggers, Darts, powder bombs).

Three is always the magic # for me and i think we said that there would not be any bows or crossbows so that. OH!

An can everyone use a little bit of Non-Combat Magic? Or just no Magic at all.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 30, 2014, 09:41:40 am »

Oh and weapon crafting, just better damage or stat boosts by material attribute?

E.g. speed metal, magic resistant cloth etc.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 30, 2014, 09:44:58 am »

Also can we have a rule where weapons decay/worn?

It'll make it so after a heavy fight or month's of fighting that you have to either upgrade or spend money fixing it.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 30, 2014, 09:46:03 am »

Also can we have a rule where weapons decay/worn?

It'll make it so after a heavy fight or month's of fighting that you have to either upgrade or spend money fixing it.
And... we want that why?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 30, 2014, 09:54:34 am »

Fun? Realism?

Those 2 words are always cited in this thread  :P

TBH i don't know i just kinda want to have to get grinding stone and keep my blades sharp.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 30, 2014, 10:30:24 am »

Swordsman, Heavy weapons (Pikes, 2H swords, Halberds, 2h weapons), and Light weaponry (Daggers, Darts, powder bombs).

Three is always the magic # for me and i think we said that there would not be any bows or crossbows so that. OH!

An can everyone use a little bit of Non-Combat Magic? Or just no Magic at all.
What.
We decided earlier that ranged weapons like bows and crossbows were indeed in the game.
Also, magic is restricted to items like healing crystals that instantly heal you, teleportation thingies, and a super rare item that revives a dead player.
Probably some other stuff, but the general consensus was that magic was restricted to support items, so nobody is actually 'using' magic, they're using proxies.
So what did we end up deciding on for classes?

Equipment sets, main + sub, or something else?
Equipment sets.
Also, no weapon decay. Not only does it put that much more work for me, trying to figure out how to implement it, but I've generally found it to be annoying in most games I've played.
Although, upgrades are possible, so sharpening will probably increase penetration against armor by 1-10 points or something.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 30, 2014, 10:41:51 am »

Is there still room to sign up for this, and if so can I have a general overview of the mechanics and story so far?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 30, 2014, 10:52:22 am »

Considering this is still in the planning stages, although almost finished and I've got some thins already figured out and done, there is room.
Story
Fight through the God Emperor's evil minions and then defeat him to clear the game. That's all I'm disclosing so far.
Mechanics
-Ranged Weapons
 -Rapid Fire is possible
 -Can coat missiles and such in various potions.
-Races are purely cosmetic.
-Magic is restricted to support items.
-Guild are possible.
 -Getting people to join yours requires a convincing and appealing speech. Good reputation and being   friends also help.
 -Sub-guilds, or divisions, are a thing.
-Classes are merely bundles of equipment.
-You pick 10 skills like 'Cooking', 'One-handed swords' etc at the start, and then I review them and decide whether or not you get those, or should just pick one that's the exact same thing, etc.
-Sword Skills, aka Combos, are a thing.
-Town portals, which allow for teleportation between towns.
-Dying in the game causes you to die in IRL.

I'm sure there's stuff I've forgotten, but whatever. Also, some things are still unresolved, so yeah.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 30, 2014, 11:37:48 am »

With those magic rules, would a Bard class still work?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 30, 2014, 11:40:28 am »

Hmm...
Magical harps that give various buffs? They technically fit in the 'support items' category, so I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 89