Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 89

Author Topic: Stuck in an MMO OOC thread  (Read 57318 times)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in an MMO Pre-Game Planning
« Reply #300 on: June 29, 2014, 11:34:51 am »

More discussion?

Pirates.
Take a closer look at this text!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2014, 11:43:56 am »

The virus is universally known as the God Emperor because

1. He was a "good" leader who created elections even though no one really had a beef with the old feudal lords of the different lands.
2. Anyone who talked ill of the Emperor was never seen again (he had them killed and no bodies are found. NPC's are programed with a "no body no case" mentality).
3. The God Emperor is on the floating super fortress of Asgard and no one but political leaders or his Generals go up there. Anyone else is considered a intruder and...well the answer isn't hard to figure out.
4. He is VERY politically correct even when he's not! So don't ever bother reasoning cause he always wins..why? Becuase that's how it is.

Our mission is the God Emperor/Viruses destruction by any means necessary but if we become to aggressive/found out then the Virus may start harming other players by upping the difficulty of the game. An if these other players (who are not with us or know the situation/believe us) pile up than things get even messier in the real world. Alternatively we can can destroy the emperors police stations and entice people to start a revolution but that has it's own consequences. This universe is a bit like Eve online where just about ANYTHING is fair game.

If a rebellion starts than the Emperor CAN use his armies on a total extermination of that area.

More discussion?

Pirates.

Players and NPC's can get big ole black bears on there faces and raid trade ships. Has been known to hurt the economy and frowned on by merchants but is still a viable means of profit/adventure.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 29, 2014, 11:46:35 am »

Question, this makes 0 sense of any kind. Ok not a question.

So a virus in a computer system popped up and rather then having said programmers just.... reprogram the computer system they sent a bunch of people into a game to fight it? Rather then I don't know. People who are world class gamers?

Before you start a war, you better know what your fighting for.
If loves a fight, then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 29, 2014, 11:48:25 am »

Well it can be made by a North Korean cyber test gone bad. An it could cause problems in society if a virus like that existed and possibly threatened peoples minds.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 29, 2014, 11:49:16 am »

.... threatened how? What does it do jump out of your phone to invade your mind?

This game was meant to be about people trapped in a game trying to get out.... not skynet.

I'm an angel with a shotgun, Fight until the wars won. I'd throw away my faith, just to keep you safe.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 29, 2014, 11:49:27 am »

Hmm...
We Have A Winner!
Now to modify it completely and utterly...
Question, this makes 0 sense of any kind. Ok not a question.

So a virus in a computer system popped up and rather then having said programmers just.... reprogram the computer system they sent a bunch of people into a game to fight it? Rather then I don't know. People who are world class gamers?

Well then, they send in World-class gamers and programmers. The programmers would be there to ensure that the virus is completely, irrevocably gone.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 29, 2014, 11:51:26 am »

Question.... how are they going to make sure it's gone with no access to the computer mainframe it's on....

Not that it matters because I'm going to ignore the entire thing and just play the mmo but I'm curious.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 29, 2014, 11:53:45 am »

Like I said, this will be completely modified, so by the end it'll probably resemble the original 'Stuck in an MMO' premise.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2014, 12:01:36 pm »

I'm fine so long as I can make a guild of people who fight by combining mundane skills and a weapons skill.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 29, 2014, 12:06:12 pm »

You can, though how many people your find interested in being combat cooks will be fun to see.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 29, 2014, 12:08:37 pm »

Well, cooks blacksmiths brewmasters dancers bards scholars and any other crafting type person.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 29, 2014, 12:10:21 pm »

We could make one together. I plan to recruit all them kinda people to duly my army but I'm more interested in the recruiting, training and fighting side of it then the crafters side.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 29, 2014, 12:11:31 pm »

And I'm concered about being Hanibel Lector and helping fight.

PewdsRocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 29, 2014, 12:13:01 pm »

Works fine lol you can use some recruits for your creepy group and I'll use the rest to make the main force. Rather then one of us ending up killing the other.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 29, 2014, 12:14:33 pm »

I didn't plan on team killing.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 89